Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ALPINED

[CANCELLED] Codename: RageagainstheDirt.wad

Hello everyone! This wad is based mostly off 99 ways to die, i want to make it as 90s as possible. I haven't really figured the story yet but i have one in mind.

This wad will probably have:

- 10 maps

- Lots of dirt

- Alice In Chain music

This project is of course based more on gameplay than detail like most of 90s wads were, so i really will focus on detail and more on gameplay.

If you have a suggestion about story or a map send me it! It would be really nice to have more ideas.

I will be using DoomBuilder 2 which isn't from 90s, but i will use WinTex 47.

obraz.png.55c20d6dc2244c71a135d45262ba57fa.png

Like i said. It is more focused on gameplay not detail. And like i said also, you can send me ideas for it. Maybe even custom textures.

Have a good day if you helped me!

Spoiler

obraz.png.1e3e74a801277c6c5fed22c6ef53d617.pngobraz.png.a45492a9913531ba1ae7d761ed7b6cba.pngobraz.png.bec7fcd043e2a2ced62e964469855177.pngobraz.png.1e02851508df9c007267f41eb50abc5d.pngobraz.png.830370d9a1c573a69e1f6c82819c78cc.pngobraz.png.4a5f8851cad0f146ea0fff5ed3e9e27e.png

Marble and nukage textures are placeholders for now, will change them later

Edited by ALPINED : more screenshots

Hey, Alpine. Do you maybe have more screenshots to show us? I'm asking because more screenshots would catch a persons eye easier.  

2 minutes ago, Silhou3tte said:

Hey, Alpine. Do you maybe have more screenshots to show us? I'm asking because more screenshots would catch a persons eye easier.  

im editing a little right now, i will show more in 20 minutes i think

Just now, roadworx said:

wait, wat? why use wintex?

it's old editing tool thats why, i want a little of old style editing here.

I understand that you want to focus on gameplay rather than detail, but 1 main dirt texture repeated frequently for walls doesn't really make your map look that great.

Just now, Mr Masker said:

I understand that you want to focus on gameplay rather than detail, but 1 main dirt texture repeated frequently for walls doesn't really make your map look that great.

yeah i will change it when i make a lift to i think either wood or metal

1 hour ago, ALPINED said:

it's old editing tool thats why, i want a little of old style editing here.

wintex is just for importing graphics and such, the only difference it'll make is that it'll be more of a pain in the ass

if you wanna make your wad feel older by using older tools, use something like wadauthor or deepsea

31 minutes ago, Mr Masker said:

added new wall textures, nukage and marble ones are just for now, will change them later.

22 minutes ago, roadworx said:

wintex is just for importing graphics and such, the only difference it'll make is that it'll be more of a pain in the ass

if you wanna make your wad feel older by using older tools, use something like wadauthor or deepsea

alright.

Also i think this might be just 1 level wad because i think im not ready yet.

I would avoid wintex, it has a fairly high probability of corrupting individual data lumps in your wad as you manipulate them. Unless you want to role play the 90's metagame of making backups before every file opening, of course!