Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

[Now on /idgames!] 3x3: Take Two - 3 flats, 3 textures, 3 monster types speedmaps again!

9 hours ago, NeilJohnRips said:

we short of 2 maps for 29 and 30?

Yeah, but I'm satisfied with the turn-out. The first 3x3 project ended up 3 maps short of the full 32 in a week, which was already awesome and still blows me away. With this one, we would otherwise have 32 maps with battlescroll's maps in the roster, but I rejected those because I felt that they weren't on par with the other maps and would've brought the mapset down somewhat.

9 hours ago, NeilJohnRips said:

Also was my map really that hard?

It was in my experience. But then again, that's only my subjective take. And like I said, that map list is only the first draft. I already swapped some maps around last night after reading PeceMan's post regarding the map placements and giving it some more thought myself, and I'm bound to swap them around further still. Chances are pretty high your map will end up being earlier than MAP26 in the final mapset.

High Class Bypass, I think this is version 3. 

All I did was add music, it's whipped n chained by Doomkid from mid the way ID did (midtwid2)

link:https://www.mediafire.com/file/iodnjxg4plkpbae/High_Class_Bypass.wad/file

info:

Spoiler

Map Name: High Class Bypass

Author: PeceMan

Build Time: About 8 Hours

Play Time: Around 15 min

Music: "Whipped n Chained" by Doomkid from Mid the way ID did

Textures: Brick6 ; Pancase1 ; Support3

Flats: GrnRock ; Floor4_6 ; FWater1

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Ports Tested: PrBoom+ ; GlBoom+ ; GZDoom

Description: "Find and kill all Revenants and Mancuby, using only the Super Shotgun and the Rocket Launcher. High class monsters against high class weapons!"

@PeceMan Thanks a lot for playing my map! (twice!)

My comments on your video (Part 1):
(spoilered to save space)

Spoiler

0:50 - Moving abnormally fast in the beginning?
I can't really tell if you were moving faster than usual or not, but it reminds me of accidentally hitting some keyboard shortcut in PrBoom-Plus that actually increases the speed of the game, and being pretty confused as to what was going on, as I had no idea a such feature existed until I later found it in the options.

1:35 - Deciding your path based on the coin flip
Hahahah I love the fact that you went out of your way to look for a coin just to pick the path :D

2:42 - The small circle shaped room with the imps teleporting around you
This path doesn't take as long as the other alternative paths after the 1st fork, however it was supposed to be a fair bit more challenging than the other paths, so I'm a bit surprised that you had as little trouble as you did, I would have expected you to get hit by fireballs from behind your back, but I guess you were moving just perfectly so that most fireballs either missed you or hit the pillar in the middle. Though if you were to speedrun this map (and not try to get 100% kills), then this path would actually not be the fastest way through.

4:50 - "What the hell is this?"
So this is the puzzle path of the map. Since I realized that it may very well not be everyone's cup of tea, I made sure to make the entrance to the room traversable in both directions, so that you have the possibility of going back to the previous room and choosing a different path instead.
So far everyone that I've seen trying this path, has opted to just brute force their way through it. I'm not sure if this is because the puzzle is too obscure, or if it just looks like too much trouble? While designing it, I thought it was perhaps too simple, but I'm probably just too biased, since I know how it works.
While brute forcing wasn't exactly the intended way to get through the path, I did consider it a valid approach as well, and thus tried to include enough ammo (and health) to make it viable.

6:10 - "Is it random?"
Ideally I would have made the puzzle randomized, but when I was working on it, I wasn't sure if I would be able to fully randomize it, and whether I even had enough time to do everything necessary to make it work, so I just settled for making the solution fixed.

6:18 - "I'm just gonna go through every one, because I wanna make sure I kill everything"
You are not actually meant to trigger all the wrong paths to get 100% kills. Any enemies that did not teleport in, will get automatically killed later on as you progress to the final area of the map. This is also true for every other area in the map with teleporting enemies. If you end up not triggering some enemies to teleport in, they'll just get killed later on by a crusher, which ensures that you can get 100% kills as long as you kill every enemy that you come across.

9:01 - "The first one, the imp room was kinda lackluster"
You are certainly not wrong about that, had I had enough time, I would have likely reworked/redesigned that room. But it ended up the way it is, as I had to make sure I could finish all the other areas in time.

11:10 - "So if you don't pick this path, you can't have the secret"
Regarding the secrets in the map; The automap/hud statistic of 1 secret is a little misleading. There's actually 3 secrets in the map, but under normal progression you will only ever encounter one of them in a playthrough. To ensure that you can get 100% secrets I joined the secret sectors together, so that the different 3 secrets only count as 1. This is a compromise I had to make to ensure that the end level statistics would be fair.

My comments on your video (Part 2):
(spoilered to save space)

Spoiler

0:35 - "Now I do wonder, how do you make enemies only pick one teleporter, instead of- OHH F**K ME!"
So you never finished this question, but I'm guessing you meant to ask how the enemies depending on the trigger, seem to teleport at a different position within the same room. The answer to that is actually pretty simple, I simply split the room into many sectors with different tags (these splits are not visible in-game), and used a different tag for each teleporter that gets activated by a separate trigger.

4:27 - Backtracking after completing the path
While it's possible to backtrack after beating the path, this wasn't really the intended course of action. The intention was to let you go back already early on, in case you didn't like what was ahead of you.

6:17 - "Not that well explained, I will say that. Like where you can go and where you can't go, and where you are supposed to go"
Yeah I realize the map does not explain all of its 'features' very well to the player, and leaves plenty of it up for the player to figure out. At one point I did consider adding floor arrows and some sort of symbols in specific areas, but ended up not doing that after all, since I thought it wouldn't really help much. I also didn't want to straight out write instructions as text on the floors, as I didn't really want to break the 4th wall. I guess another option would be writing instructions in the text file, but I'm not sure if there is space for such notes in the final wad, nor whether people actually read those.

7:38 - You shoot a rocket that decides to soar into the sky
Haha this one rocket, that I assume had it's path affected by autoaim, seems to be the rocket that actually kills the imp on top of the fork.

9:01 - "The level could have been just this room actually"
You are not wrong, and to be honest, if I end up working on another community project like this, I'll most likely try to make something closer to the size of this final arena. I did end up making this area as big as it is, despite the length of the map prior to it, as I felt that if it wasn't at least this big, it wouldn't really do justice to the parts before it, not to mention the better gear you can pick up before you enter it.

9:40 - "These guys are stuck!"
I placed those two revenants like that, so that they'd have a more turret like placement, defending the back area of the platform they are on. It was also because I noticed from testing that a lot of the revenants up there tend to die from infighting, so this was to counter that a bit, by placing them in more covert positions.

10:55 - "Also these bars can go f**k themselves"
Haha the purpose of those bars is to make it very difficult to escape the fight if you haven't cleared the enemies in the area next to them.

11:16 - "Maybe it's all the enemies you missed appear here, but I have no idea"
Nah, the enemies that appear at this point, are always there. Teleporting in the enemies you missed would probably be pretty complicated to implement, and I'm not sure it'd work well with this section. But I think it could possibly be a cool idea for some different type of map.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:19 PM, PeceMan said:

I'm honestly amazed at the amount of content you managed to pour out, and at the fact that you only actually used 2 out of the 3 available textures.

So I ended up spending many evenings, after my day job, working on this a few hours at a time. The end result is probably the biggest singleplayer map I've done so far. Though I did end up having to cut some corners and scale down some ideas I had because I was afraid that the map would turn out too long, or that I wouldn't finish the map in time. If I had more time, I would have certainly improved some areas further and would probably have added even more branching paths. Though if I were to work on a map like this again, and I had no timelimit, I think I'd stretch the hours spent here over a longer period of time, as I think I spent a little more time working on this each week than what I'm really comfortable with.

As for only using 2 textures; I figured out early on while working on the map, that with just 2 textures that contrast from one another, 3 flats, contrasting light levels and some sky here and there, I could do enough details and texturing for the map to look decent. Making use of the lamp and torch things also worked pretty well as a substitute for a light source texture. By just using 2 wall textures, I was able to save the 3rd texture for a very special purpose :)

Anyhow, thanks again for taking the time to play through the map! It was fun to watch your playthrough and also really interesting to see how someone else than me would tackle the map.

I played through all the levels today, and listed below is my opinion on the order from easiest to hardest. I left out my own entry since I can't judge it objectively (mostly because I've played it 50 times). The map numbers included are the ones from @MFG38's initial list. There's a couple entries where I heavily disagreed with their original placement, but of course that's just my opinion and probably just reflects my own playstyle and blind spots. At the very least I had no problems beating "FRICKIN HECK" first time without dying, but died so many times in the first two rooms of "City of Chalk and Flames" that I almost gave up (the enemy combination with little cover is downright evil).

The list:

Spoiler

1.  MAP01: "A Short Ascent" by PeceMan
2.  MAP04: "Powered by Grayskull" by Death Bear
3.  MAP03: "Keep Out!" by Mr. Tadpole
4.  MAP06: "The Devil's Gut" by MFG38
5.  MAP02: "Metal-pipe-skin" by Jacek Nowak
6.  MAP20: "Maudlin of the Wall" by Helm
7.  MAP05: "Moss Cushion" by Alper002
8.  MAP08: "Coastal" by AtticTelephone
9.  MAP07: "Vile Book Club" by Worriedidiot
10. MAP10: "Toxic Rumble" by PinkFlamingo
11. MAP28: "Formula 666" by muumi
12. MAP09: "Nukage Castle" by Jacek Nowak
13. MAP26: "FRICKIN HECK" by reverie
14. MAP13: "A Librarian's Nightmare" by 7Soul
15. MAP14: "3TEK" by Dieting Hippo
16. MAP11: "myhouse.wad" by muumi
17. MAP16: "Forkress of Doom" by Worst
18. MAP17: "Nebula Swamp" by Salmon
19. MAP19: "High Class Bypass" by PeceMan
20. MAP21: "Metallurgy" by PinkFlamingo
21. MAP15: "The Badlands" by Captain Toenail
22. MAP25: "Skull Faced B*stards" by NeilJohnRips
23. MAP18: "Iron and Stone" by Captain Toenail
24. MAP24: "Metal2Metal" by Helm
25. MAP22: "Garden of Despair" by myolden
26. MAP23: "Rocket Tears 2" by Death Bear
27. MAP32: "The Faces of Evil" by BoxY
28. MAP27: "City of Chalk and Flame" by Dac

Unranked
MAP12: "Sludge Terminal" by SCF
MAP31: "Tightrope" by MFG38

Also, a few small issues I noticed in some of the maps:

A Short Ascent by @PeceMan

Spoiler

In the secret rooms, only a small border is marked as a secret. As a result, in GZDoom at least, I was able to enter the room without actually triggering them.

Coastal by @AtticTelephone

Spoiler

If you enter the teleporter immediately, without clearing out the area first, there will be a big cluster of chaingunners waiting for you when you return and it's basically impossible to survive. Maybe moving the second area to the east of the first one would help? Since then enemies would move away from the teleporter exit.

Edited by SCF

On 5/4/2021 at 8:43 AM, MFG38 said:

Okay, so I've replayed all of the maps that made the cut, re-replayed some, shuffled them around in my mind, contemplated the flow of the final mapset, questioned my life choices and decided upon some sort of map order. And thus, I present to thee the first draft of the map list:

Spoiler

MAP01: "A Short Ascent" by PeceMan
MAP02: "Metal-pipe-skin" by Jacek Nowak
MAP03: "Keep Out!" by Mr. Tadpole
MAP04: "Powered by Grayskull" by Death Bear
MAP05: "Moss Cushion" by Alper002
MAP06: "The Devil's Gut" by MFG38
MAP07: "Vile Book Club" by Worriedidiot
MAP08: "Coastal" by AtticTelephone
MAP09: "Nukage Castle" by Jacek Nowak
MAP10: "Toxic Rumble" by PinkFlamingo
MAP11: "myhouse.wad" by muumi
MAP12: "Sludge Terminal" by SCF
MAP13: "A Librarian's Nightmare" by 7Soul
MAP14: "3TEK" by Dieting Hippo
MAP15: "The Badlands" by Captain Toenail
MAP16: "Forkress of Doom" by Worst
MAP17: "Nebula Swamp" by Salmon
MAP18: "Iron and Stone" by Captain Toenail
MAP19: "High Class Bypass" by PeceMan
MAP20: "Maudlin of the Wall" by Helm
MAP21: "Metallurgy" by PinkFlamingo
MAP22: "Garden of Despair" by myolden
MAP23: "Rocket Tears 2" by Death Bear
MAP24: "Metal2Metal" by Helm
MAP25: "Skull Faced B*stards" by NeilJohnRips
MAP26: "FRICKIN HECK" by reverie
MAP27: "City of Chalk and Flame" by Dac
MAP28: "Formula 666" by muumi
MAP32: "The Faces of Evil" by BoxY

I'm a bit late with my thoughts, but consider the overall pacing of the megawad itself over ordering only by difficulty. For example, while I haven't played the rest of the set, I know my map is both a) rather mean, and b) rather short. Placing it as the second-last map, sandwiched between two other maps of similar meanness but grander in scope, is preferable to having it be the finale and ending like that. (For an example, think the last three maps of Sunlust). Or be MAP26, have MAP25 and MAP27 be the epic maps, and end on Formula 666 as a victory lap of sorts. The episode ends can also be used for this: difficulty spike on MAP11/MAP15/MAP20, then a more relaxing next map before we start ramping up even further.

(Mostly I don't think the set should end on my map 😅)

Shame we so narrowly missed a full megawad, I was tempted to submit another (more chill) map but I was playing other games more so I ended up not being able to. Still I really enjoyed mapping and playing everyone's submissions and I'm looking forward to playing the final version. Thanks for accepting my shitpost slaughtermap and for all the feedback everyone gave.

I wanted to elaborate a bit more on the difficulty, especially some of the later maps that I hadn't played before. It should go without saying that just because I think a level is easier doesn't mean it's worse. A lot of the entries are great and I had fun playing through them. I just found it interesting to see how much opinions on difficulty differered when it came to certain maps.

(I'm having some issues with the post editor and can't get @s to work right now. I'll see if I can fix them in edit.)

FRICKIN HECK by @reverie

Spoiler

After playing this a few more times, I really think it's in the middle of the pack. All three fights can be beaten pretty reliably by circling around the outer edge of the arena, and if you get the BFG first the hell knight section is trivial. The revenants are the most dangerous just because of their homing projectiles and speed, but as long as you keep moving they'll mostly stay in the center and you can easily pick them off with BFG shots.

Formula 666 by @muumi

Spoiler

Maybe I put this one a little too low in my ranking because you can still die very quickly if you make a mistake, but you're given a lot of space and infighting opportunities, so you rarely have to get close to a spider demon without the BFG ready (or partial invis). I still think it would make a fitting final map even if it's not the hardest. It's cute, fun and full of boss enemies.

City of Chalk and Flame by @Dac

Spoiler

After giving it another go, I still think it's the hardest map in the set, or at the very least top two. Maybe if you're playing saveless The Faces of Evil would be harder, but that map has short fights with clear breaks so with saves you can tackle them one at a time. This map gives you a lot less room to breathe. Maybe there's just an easier strategy that I'm missing. Taking out the archvile in the first room is a tough call with mancubi everywhere and limited shells. But if you don't kill him, you have to deal with two of them at the same time in the next room, with mancubi attacking you from all sides, and where hitting the red zones too early is suicide. The only way I ended up beating that part was by cheesing it, and taking an archvile jump out of the pit immediately after grabbing the rocket launcher. The secret plasma helps, but isn't easy to get early on.

Skull Faced B*stards by @NeilJohnRips

Spoiler

I don't think this is one of the hardest maps in the set, but there's a lot of maps of comparable difficulty, and I think the enemy selection in this one is good at punishing mistakes. What keeps it from really being hard is that a lot of fights have a safe spot where you enter, so if you take it slow you can avoid a lot of risk. And in the final room, you can kill the enemies behind the 'teeth' ahead of time through the gaps. I generally tried to judge the maps without taking secrets into account because they're easily missable, but the ones in this map (especially the rocket launcher) are pretty obvious, which helps as well.

A Librarian's Nightmare by @7soul

Spoiler

I already mentioned this in an earlier post, but I think the double invulnerability is excessive and lets you bypass the entire red key fight. Also, in that same fight, if you know what's coming you can just not fire a shot until the archvile closets open, and then take them out immediately with the BFG. That fight is by far the trickiest in the map otherwise, so whether or not you play it 'normally' could have a big impact on how difficult you consider the map.

Iron and Stone by @captain toenail

Spoiler

I might've given this a higher placement because I'd already played it before and it was still giving me some trouble. All the shotgunners can easily whittle you down, and the mancubi in close quarters are deadly if you get in their way. The beginning is especially hectic, but once you've made some space it gets a lot more manageable. I like that more enemies spawn in at certain points because it means you're never completely safe.

The Badlands by @captain toenail

Spoiler

It's an open level with a lot of opportunities to get sniped by a chaingunner or arachnotron. It's definitely one of those levels where you get surprised, die, then reload and get through it without problems, but that sequence of events happened quite a lot to me while playing it.

Rocket Tears 2 by @Death Bear

Spoiler

I struggled with the yellow key room and it took me a lot of tries to get past it. It didn't help that I went in with about 40 health. One problem is that if you leave that area, you enter an place with damaging floor (and more enemies). There's a rad suit there, but I'd already picked it up earlier, so I had to be really careful with my health. The same damaging floors also prevented me from going back to search for health kits before the final fight. Without these issues I probably wouldn't have had as hard a time with this level, but I think it's still one of the hardest of the bunch.

Forktress of Doom by @Worst

Spoiler

With all the choices in this map, the difficulty is going to be different for each playthrough. For example, on my first attempt, I took the shotgun and rocket launcher, and then died in the area with the lowering floors because the rocket launcher was not the ideal weapon there. Then I took a different path that ended up being significantly  easier. That kind of variation is the strength of the map so that's a good thing, it just makes it hard to estimate the difficulty.

2 minutes ago, BoxY said:

Shame we so narrowly missed a full megawad, I was tempted to submit another (more chill) map but I was playing other games more so I ended up not being able to. Still I really enjoyed mapping and playing everyone's submissions and I'm looking forward to playing the final version. Thanks for accepting my shitpost slaughtermap and for all the feedback everyone gave.

When MFG38 said there were two days left, I thought I'd try to make another map too. So I spent an hour setting up a big fight, tested it, discovered you could beat it without firing a single shot, and immediately gave up. :D

Shitpost or not, I liked your map a lot, especially the fight with the two cyberdemons on pedestals.

Thanks for the feedback on the map list - your thoughts are most appreciated. I'll think about it some more and hopefully post a final map list tomorrow. Then I can get around to compiling the set. Expect an RC1 sometime next week.

8 hours ago, dac said:

more ammo why am I so stingy with ammo

Well if you're like me I don't tend to try to kill all the enemies. I then see people playing my maps and they're there methodically killing every enemy then run out of ammo later on and moan. In future maps I'll have to test it killing every enemy along the way.

1 hour ago, NeilJohnRips said:

Well if you're like me I don't tend to try to kill all the enemies. I then see people playing my maps and they're there methodically killing every enemy then run out of ammo later on and moan. In future maps I'll have to test it killing every enemy along the way. 

I like to max the maps I play and I think many people like that too.

6 hours ago, jacnowak said:

I like to max the maps I play and I think many people like that too.

Amen

Some further contemplation and questioning of life choices later, I've finally come up with a map order that feels adequately smooth and that I can confidently call final. Some maps got swapped around within a 4-slot range, others were thrown much earlier or later, yet others retained their previous placements - half-accidentally in a few cases. At any rate, the final map list is as follows:

MAP01: "A Short Ascent" by PeceMan
MAP02: "Powered by Grayskull" by Death Bear
MAP03: "Keep Out!" by Mr. Tadpole
MAP04: "Metal-pipe-skin" by Jacek Nowak
MAP05: "Moss Cushion" by Alper002
MAP06: "The Devil's Gut" by MFG38
MAP07: "Coastal" by AtticTelephone
MAP08: "Toxic Rumble" by PinkFlamingo
MAP09: "Vile Book Club" by Worriedidiot
MAP10: "Maudlin of the Wall" by Helm
MAP11: "Sludge Terminal" by SCF
MAP12: "Nukage Castle" by Jacek Nowak
MAP13: "Nebula Swamp" by Salmon
MAP14: "Forkress of Doom" by Worst
MAP15: "myhouse.wad" by muumi
MAP16: "A Librarian's Nightmare" by 7Soul
MAP17: "3TEK" by Dieting Hippo
MAP18: "Iron and Stone" by Captain Toenail
MAP19: "High Class Bypass" by PeceMan
MAP20: "The Badlands" by Captain Toenail
MAP21: "Metallurgy" by PinkFlamingo
MAP22: "Garden of Despair" by myolden
MAP23: "Skull Faced B*stards" by NeilJohnRips
MAP24: "Rocket Tears 2" by Death Bear
MAP25: "FRICKIN HECK" by reverie
MAP26: "Metal2Metal" by Helm
MAP27: "City of Chalk and Flame" by Dac
MAP28: "Formula 666" by muumi
MAP32: "The Faces of Evil" by BoxY

Should participating mappers feel the need to make further updates to their maps, I'll give you ~24 more hours as of this post to do so before I begin the compilation process. An alert will be posted tomorrow to let you know exactly when I start compiling - please try and get your final updates in before I post said alert. As previously stated, an RC1 build should be available sometime next week. Keep an eye peeled!

4 minutes ago, muumi said:

if myhouse.wad is going to be map15, should I add secret exit there?

Ah yes, you should. I was going to tag you and let you know about it but somehow neglected to do so. Sorry about that. :P

The compilation process begins!

Megawad's been compiled. Just need to write up a readme for the thing and then RC1 will be good to go later today. Hope you all are as excited as I am!

I am VERY excited, I have a long weekend coming up and I intend to play this from the top and capture video reaction for all the beautiful people that participated. The few I've played so far were of a consistently high standard. Thanks for running this show MFG38

Ladies and gentlemen, RC1 of 3x3: Take Two is out! Go download it from one of the two links below:

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/js7jtxtw3uq6xwm/3x3ttwo_rc1.zip?dl=0

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cstEChpnt-hSsFVYExUJwa03Yquo-WJx/view?usp=sharing

Once again, I can not thank each and every one of you enough for taking part in this project and making it another success. 30 maps in the final roster... Whoo boy. Anyway, that's enough sentimentality out of me - I hope you enjoy playing the mapset as much as I did running this project! If you come across any bugs, please feel free to report them and I'll fix them to the best of my ability. Should nothing game-breaking occur, the current build will be "re-released" as v1.0 and also be submitted to /idgames within the next week or two.

Played through the first two maps and I'm really impressed with the quality and inventive use of textures, it's been great fun! I do want to ask though, are pistol starts expected? I want to know whether or not I should feel guilty about having a chaingun at the ready for unpleasent starting surprises.

18 minutes ago, Basin_is_BACK said:

Played through the first two maps and I'm really impressed with the quality and inventive use of textures, it's been great fun! I do want to ask though, are pistol starts expected? I want to know whether or not I should feel guilty about having a chaingun at the ready for unpleasent starting surprises.

I balanced my map so that it can be played pistol start, but the maps should support continuous playthrough. Death exits were not allowed, so don't fret about keeping your weapons from map to map.

36 minutes ago, Basin_is_BACK said:

I do want to ask though, are pistol starts expected? I want to know whether or not I should feel guilty about having a chaingun at the ready for unpleasent starting surprises. 

I think all the maps should be balanced for pistol starts, since no one knew at the time of mapping what the previous/next map would be like. That being said, pistol starts are not enforced and it's up to you to decide whether you want to play continuous or pistol start, as mentioned by MFG38:

On 4/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, MFG38 said:

Pistol starts won't be enforced in the final mapset, chiefly because I want players to decide for themselves whether they want to play continuous or pistol starts.

On 4/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, MFG38 said:

At any rate, the rule of thumb here is to balance maps for pistol starts but consider continuous players as well.

9 hours ago, Basin_is_BACK said:

I do want to ask though, are pistol starts expected? I want to know whether or not I should feel guilty about having a chaingun at the ready for unpleasent starting surprises.

Essentially what Worst said above. All maps are chiefly balanced around pistol starts, but they're not enforced. A noteworthy side effect of playing continuous is that the intended challenge of the maps is somewhat trivialized by the player having weapons they normally wouldn't early on in a given level. But it's ultimately up to you whether you want to have that advantage or not.

I played through MAP01 through MAP08, here's a video of the playthrough:

I had a blast with these opening levels! I wish I hadn't blown myself up a few times (you can see me quicksaving more after MAP02 because of this), but other than that it was good fun fights.

There was one issue I hit with the end of MAP03 "Keep Out!", where I exited the map early and tried to reload it only to not have the door trigger fire again. Not sure why, I had to noclip myself to the exit for that one.

Edited by Dieting Hippo