Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

Was going to pick up R-Type Final 2 this friday but after watching all 6 levels it's a definite nope, just came across as an generic shmup with the R-Type ship slapped over it. Has none of the qualities of Final. 

On 4/27/2021 at 7:57 AM, Swordofdanu said:

Was going to pick up R-Type Final 2 this friday but after watching all 6 levels it's a definite nope, just came across as an generic shmup with the R-Type ship slapped over it. Has none of the qualities of Final. 

That sucks to hear. I've heard people complain about the game's graphics, but I think the game looks really good. The R-Type series has always been fantastic based on my experiences. Besides Super R-Type, anyways. 

I'm beta-testing an UT map for a friend over at UT99.org. I really like it so far, and of course I commended said person for it! :D

I liked it so much, in fact, that I'll share some of the screenshots I took here.

FKScWKQ.jpg

mrGsWJ9.png

zlXjinU.jpg

(this wooden beam is bent, very attention to detail, much environment pr0n)

h5TXl5W.jpg

7 hours ago, [McD]James said:

That sucks to hear. I've heard people complain about the game's graphics, but I think the game looks really good. The R-Type series has always been fantastic based on my experiences. Besides Super R-Type, anyways. 

Final is my favourite out of all of them, you might still find some enjoyment in 2 but for me it's really disappointing and off the mark. No rotating background stages, Bosses don't seem to have much thought put into them (Stage 3s Battleship is severely lacking) and Finals diary entries and stage intros are gone. 

To top it off they're charging almost 50 for the full game which includes DLC stages (to be made yet) 

I love R-Type but this is on my back burner until a decent discount comes up for it. 

Just finished replaying Doom 3. Now I don't know what the hell I want to play despite having a bunch of stuff to pick from.

I got a VR headset not long ago so aside from playing a lot of Doom in VR I have been playing quite a bit of Fallout 4 VR and Skyrim VR.

I've finally sussed out how to play Shadow Empire, it's a very cool game, which I highly recommend. However the learning curve is pretty brutal.

12 more championships to go with Forza Horizon 2, so that's probably 6-ish hours of game play left. Also only four more campaigns left on Age of Empires Definitive Edition. I'm playing the latter on Standard, as the difficulty seems to be all over the place and I'm a fairly slow and methodical RTS player who often gets caught out on the hotter starts to a battle, only to slowly build up, grow and then win a war of attrition. Once these two are done, I'll look at some of the other games I left unfinished at various points in the last year or so. Hopefully I can get a bit of momentum going with one and finish it off as well, rather than getting drawn into starting yet another game!

Got softlocked on Wolfenstein 3D episode 4, I am hoping to actually beat Plutonia and not lie that I have, then play through TNT, then the Master Levels, then Doom 3, and T H E N maybe I can start doing ultra violence runs to get good.

Taking a small break from Doom cause I just beat Scythe's Map 30, Fire and Ice, and that took a while. So getting into some roguelike game called Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, in which all the apocalypses happened at the same time. Kinda intimidating to get into because I'm currently foraging, looked at the stuff I'm picking up and there's nutritional and caloric values to this I assume I need to balance. So, doing the ole, having multiple wiki pages up while playing, thing.

Tekken 7, I recently got a 14-day trial PS Plus subscription to play the online mode and man, it seems broken. For some reason whenever I found a player, I always get this "connection lost" error it happens a lot and is pretty annoying. I did get a couple matches though and reached Initiate rank so that's nice.

I can't really tell if it's just my connection (I play with WI-FI but the game shows that its really good, about blue) or just the game having problems. Either way I might have to buy the PC version (might seem like a waste at first but its on sale in Steam right now) to see if there's a more active online mode there since its free. Might buy Ultimate Edition because it comes with Season 1 and 2 pass and I'm interested on trying out some of the DLC characters particularly Lei and Julia (playing Dragunov can get a bit boring sometimes you know).

Dang! A lot! I just finished Grim Fandango, which really got me into Point-and-click games. So now, I'm playing The Wolf Among Us by Telltale Games. Then, I just got a Chromebook with Android app support, so I'm playing Freedoom as well. Sadly, my Chromebook doesn't store the correct files, so I can only play Freedoom and the Wads that come with it (10 sectors, 10 sectors 2, and Sigil, though I played that one already), so no Alien Vendetta :(. I'll probably finish TWAU tomorrow, to which I'll finally get around to completing Ion Fury. I was about halfway through when I then started playing Red Faction, and sort of just lost my feel for it. Playing Freedoom gets me back into that retro FPS mood, so I'll return to it soon. 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:28 PM, Chip said:

I was about halfway through when I then started playing Red Faction, and sort of just lost my feel for it.

I forget most of the first Red Faction. The 2nd one annoyed me, so I didn't play far. Then Red Faction Guerilla happened and man what a blast that game is. Destroying buildings, crushing enemies with a sledge, driving vehicles, causing traffic jams, driving through buildings, shooting the shit out of the EDF guys... fun stuff. Can get repetitious but overall the best in the series IMHO. Then I played Red Faction Armageddon and only got half way through.

So I finished my Doom 3 replay and started to play Borderlands The Pre -Sequel. I had to hack an .ini file so I can take screenshots minus all the hud junk on the screen, including weapons. Made it to the surface of the moon at the start. So far, so good.

Edited by Doom_Dude

I also am playing RE Village, and damn, Capcom finally got some mojo back, enjoying it a lot. 

Playing Metal Max for NES.

Having a really good time enjoying the dystopian setting mix of Mad Max, Terminator, and with a really goofy nature kinda from Earthbound.

Here is a vid:

Finally played Bug Fables...and man am i GLAD I finally got to it. I you love Paper Mario 1 and 2 you should enjoy it.

Also got at least 1 picture of each Pokemon in the New Pokemon Snap.

Aside from playing Blade of Agony (I'm on Chapter 3), I had been playing the Miitopia demo and had been going back to Super Animal Royale again.

Metal Gear Solid 3. I've owned this game for a very long time but have only now just gotten around to it. So far, I like it a lot more than MGS2, but I don't think I like it as much as MGS1. 

I'm really enjoying Resident Evil Village so far. Menu navigation is a pain and it seems to suffer from various mouse issues, but the game itself is really enjoyable, combat feels great and there are plenty of baddies to kill. More fantastical things like vampires and werewolves seems like a strange choice for RE but it works with the locations and almost has a Bloodborne feel.

The locations and level design are fantastic for my taste, The decor in castle Dimitrescu is just as over-the-top as the characters that inhabit it. I'm playing very casually and slowly because I have many other things going on in my life, but I look forward to finishing the whole game eventually.

Anyone here play HROT yet? I've been really enjoying it. Has a very unique aesthetic, albeit - its a little brown...

Holy shit, the boss battle with The End was so fucking epic. Maybe this actually is a better game than MGS1.