Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM Bear

Any one else play/played Warhammer?

Ok so the other day I get a random YouTube recommendation about a Warhammer 40k painting channel which instantly gave me a huge nostalgia hit.

I instantly ran to the shed to pull out all my old Orks and next thing I know I’ve fleshed it out to a 2000pt army and bought a new 2000pt Ultramarine army as well :-P

This got me to thinking though, I know DND and DooM seem to go hand in hand (I’ve never actually played it though) but am wondering if there might be a fair bit of overlap here too?

i always wanted to play warhammer but its kinda hard to find someone else who is interested on it here

though i really like how brutal and unique its world is 

I've become a historical hex & counter wargame player over the past year or so, but I don't mind serving as a 'warm body' every once in a while for someone who wants to move some space marines around and roll some dice.

There are ways to play 40k digitally via either Table Top Simulator or Vassal, for anyone who's interested.

I used to play 40k years ago! I think I used to like reading the Codex and looking at the well painted (as opposed to my efforts) miniatures more than playing the game but I did have a few battles with my brothers and friends.

I play Vermintide and Inquisitor on my PC but I've never played any of the board games. I do have the Doom 2016 board game but it's a little complicated to learn to play if you don't have any experience of such things. The only board games I've played are Monopoly and Stratego,

I want to get some 40k Tau or Eldar armies and maybe some Fantasy High Elves on the go but it is way too expensive for me to mong up the paint job, I've just stuck to Dawn of War and Total War for my Warhammer fix.

I played a bit of Warhammer back in the early 90's (mostly as Skaven or Goblins); ended up liking Blood Bowl and Space Marines more but not enough to buy more than the rulebooks.