Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2021

RRzQoqf.png

Surely I can pick this map up... nothing's gonna hap-

dLFzXiL.png

52 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

FAHDFSJSHGfghjakhgfvhsja

I remember that fight, you sick, sick bastard. Thou'st a true master of eliciting vein-popping gamerage from your players...

I appreciate the liberal dosage of Cyber, tho.

1 hour ago, Omniarch said:

I remember that fight, you sick, sick bastard. Thou'st a true master of eliciting vein-popping gamerage from your players...

I appreciate the liberal dosage of Cyber, tho.

Yeah I think that's the only fight I've ever made that can just kill you if you're unlucky, no matter how well you know what's coming. Total BS.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:37 AM, Janitor said:

Clones and Grafitti

Screenshot_Doom_20210511_172703.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210509_212225.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210511_202659.png

Holy shit man, I love that so much.

1.png?token-time=1622419200&token-hash=A

simple question: would you shoot this thing hoping it was a switch, if it was on the other side of a set of bars? I just need to know how deadly the trap it lets you out of should be =P

28 minutes ago, yakfak said:

would you shoot this thing hoping it was a switch, if it was on the other side of a set of bars?

I'd say probably yes. I could potentially be initially deceived by earlier usages of similar-looking switches, if those aren't the type you shoot, but I'd think to try shooting it one way or another.

3 hours ago, yakfak said:

simple question: would you shoot this thing hoping it was a switch, if it was on the other side of a set of bars? I just need to know how deadly the trap it lets you out of should be =P

That depends on what kind of trap I am into. If I feel like I can handle the monsters fine in the arena given to me, then I probably won't shoot it until the fight is over (if at all).

If I am being overwhelmed, I would desperately try to escape by any means necessary, which includes hunting/shooting any switch I come across.

18 hours ago, Bank said:

Screenshot_Doom_20210515_235927.png

his nostrils don't require a void glide

Some, well most, well basically all of these screenshots look amazing. Are people simply posting their works in progress? Otherwise some download links will be nice, I'd play the crap out of them. Especially the ones with a night sky or sunset.

On 5/16/2021 at 5:04 AM, Bank said:

Screenshot_Doom_20210515_235927.png

Literally my face when looking at this thread.

On 5/16/2021 at 5:04 AM, Bank said:

48 minutes ago, MajorRawne said:

Are people simply posting their works in progress? Otherwise some download links will be nice

Any screenshot is fine, it's just expected that if you post a screenshot from something that's not your own work, you mention the source. Corollary: any screenshot posted without further comment is generally assumed to be from the poster's own WIP.

Obviously if you post a screenshot from something that's exceedingly recognizable, like say E1M1: Hangar, it'll be obvious it's not your own work, but then again that means the screenshot will be scrutinized to see if there's some WIP hi-res textures or WIP gameplay mod or whatever...

Playing some more shovelware Demon Gate. Taking some screenshots of of The Apocalypse Project (APOCALYP.WAD). I really enjoy this episode 1 replacement, early 90's maps are my jam. 

Spoiler

YiMcgAL.png

Aqw0RwJ.png

af1urs9.png

C8jniyw.png0Sm0QXz.png

1 hour ago, ketmar said:

floor and ceiling decals, proof-of-concept code:

fh87yz.png

I would love to see this working with the basic blood decals that come with GZDoom.  They feel simpler and more Doom themed.

11 minutes ago, VanaheimRanger said:

I would love to see this working with the basic blood decals that come with GZDoom.

it is not possible as-is, because standard blood code doesn't spawn any entities, it just does line trace to the nearest wall. i.e. there is nothing that can fly and fall on the floor, so nothing to get floor decal from.

and this is only PoC, i didn't even started adapting the whole thing. it is just using standard wall decal textures, and spawns too much floor splats (because currently floor splats are done with much smaller sprites, so i had to spawn quite alot of them). i'll rework that later. also, you can control gore level -- this is "bloodbath" mode, so it... well... looks like a bloodbath. ;-)

p.s.: of course, you can turn off the gore mod, and get those "standard" blood decals. no blood on the floor/ceiling then (yet, i may fix the tracer code to spawn "flat" decals later).

Onwards through hells darker chambers. Playing some more shovelware Demon Gate. Today is the first of a series by Alberto Barsella titled Wasteland. Map titled Dead Base. It's a nice trip down memory lane playing through some old maps from the 1994 era, there's a certain charm to them that I really appreciate.

Spoiler

oE5Z8SR.png

qlXC82F.png8ba1K2M.pngBiSNCBl.pngq7C5HKm.png