Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Fat Reward & Ticket Home | My Farewell (all Chapters online)

Oh wow. I had no idea you were retiring from the Doom community. There might have been a few releases that I was not the biggest fan of, but there is no denying that you've made a huge impact on the Doom community. Good luck on your future endeavors Torm. 

Reading the 6th chapter, and seeing you talk about the Super Mario Bros 3 easter egg, it might be me, but with the coin collecting to progress, it kinda feels like some sort of proto Golden Souls with the red coins. That's pretty neat.

Your cadaverous valour, portrays an aura of foreboding...

As though as you sense a disquieting metamorphisis...

Is a giant DOOM Repository actually going away?!

thank you for all your work. your maps are epic and your realm is a resource for so many others. sad to see you go, but best of luck to you.

Sad to see you go, T - if it weren't for UTnT and the R667 repo, I might never have been inspired to try my own hand at Doom modding.

All the best, man. Thanks for all of your contributions over the years.

Chapter 7 has just been published.

...and before I forget it, thanks a lot to everyone for your kind comments. This is certainly touching for me! I wasn't aware how much influence I had @scalliano @hobomaster22 @Pirx @SlayerOGames666 @Salahmander2 @Lizardcommando @Final Verdict @Phobus @Ed @leodoom85 @Doom64hunter @Spawn @MidnightMage and everyone else commenting :)

Edited by Tormentor667

Well, the point is that I will reduce the time spending in Doom, no more new mods, but more „playing and enjoying“ the mods others create.

10 hours ago, dew said:

Welcome back!

I wouldn't really call this a "welcome back" since Torm wasn't quitting DOOM as a Game completely in the first place.

Well, we'll see how long until this cools down and you'll be back at modding. Kind of like @Mordeth, who is really working on his long time namesake mod, but hasn't got around to finishing it so far, and I can assume it's also because of lack of time. He keeps a really low profile though, without hyping it until it's imminent. 

6 hours ago, Tormentor667 said:

Well, the point is that I will reduce the time spending in Doom, no more new mods, but more „playing and enjoying“ the mods others create.

If you were never planning on leaving, why make such a big deal out of it in the first place?

39 minutes ago, rf` said:

If you were never planning on leaving, why make such a big deal out of it in the first place?

Because there'll be no more blockbusters led or contributed by him after this Wolfenstein Doom TC. That's basically it.

they never truly leave

no but srsly it's great that you're not going away for good

edit: it took me a few hours to realize what just happened lmao

Edited by roadworx

9 hours ago, Tormentor667 said:

You never even considered that the whole thing from the very beginning came off as incredibly narcissistic and self-aggrandizing, and the revelation that you're not actually leaving only makes the whole thing even more blatant under that angle, right?

I mean, not that I have a problem with you staying, I'm glad you're not leaving, but... you really did not even consider this angle, right?

Because narcissists typically don't understand that they are narcissists. I wish you the best but I sincerely hope you can get help, because none of this was normal in any way shape or form.

3 hours ago, printz said:

Because there'll be no more blockbusters led or contributed by him after this Wolfenstein Doom TC. That's basically it.

Exactly that’s the point. I never said „I am going to leave anyway“ so I don’t know why some people are disappointed :)

@Dynamo one of the reasons for writing these articles wasn’t telling people overdramatized that I won’t start new projects anymore, it was more for an autobiographical reason whoever is interested in reading it (as it is with all autobiographies). As a matter of fact: The main article has over 1500 hits, so it might have been interesting for more than my own narcissistic character ...

3 minutes ago, Tormentor667 said:

it might have been interesting for more than my own narcissistic character ...

Unbelievable.

But if nothing else I'm glad you didn't deny that you are a narcissist.

8 minutes ago, Tormentor667 said:

Exactly that’s the point. I never said „I am going to leave anyway“ so I don’t know why some people are disappointed :)

unknown.png

unknown.png

I mean, dictionary kinda proves ya wrong here guy.

My favorite part is how he confirmed what printz said, only to *immediately say the outright opposite* in his follow-up answer to me.

I really wish Tormentor, for once in his life, would actually answer to what people say instead of giving obviously false excuses to every single thing, or diverting the topic to something completely unrelated. All things straight off the narcissist playbook, I might add. And just to clarify I am not trying to be insulting, but acknowledgement is the first step towards honesty. I sincerely believe Tormentor isn't purposefully trying to rile anyone up and I'm sure he *actually* means well, but it's so, so hard to get a definitive answer on this when literally almost every single post he makes is unbelievably narcissistic.

I am not going to join the discussion as I already know this won’t result in any benefit.

The „Farewell“ articles are - and if you read it, you might know - an autobiography of my personal Doom story.

Because I love myself? Well, I do love myself as hopefully everyone else does. But was this the reason for writing the articles? Probably not.

I am an entertainer, that’s what moves me, I am a musician, I am a modder, I am a writer. It is fun. And I like feedback, wether it is criticism or praise, even tough I prefer the latter.

Does that make me a narcissist in some people‘s eyes? Maybe, and that’s okay, I can grow and evolve if I want to, but I don’t have to if I want to focus on those people who feel entertained by what I am doing - no matter if it is modding, singing or saying goodbye (e.g. farewell) to my active role as a modder. 

Nuff said.

I guess that's as much of an admittance as we're ever gonna get, so I'll take it. But yes, if your mods are able to bring joy to players out there, naturally, all the better.

But please understand that the way you present yourself is simply not the way most people do. "I love myself" is also not what the vast majority of people would say, either.

You sound reasonable and fair actually, I wasn’t expecting this after your first post so thanks for that reply and your feedback. 

4 minutes ago, Tormentor667 said:

I am not going to join the discussion as I already know this won’t result in any benefit.

The „Farewell“ articles are - and if you read it, you might know - an autobiography of my personal Doom story

Then label it as such. You still have an opportunity to do that. People do retrospectives all the time about their Doom journeys without implying that they're leaving and writing for that purpose for three months. 
I am also an entertainer, modder, writer, and enjoy praise. But I would not mislead people by saying that I was leaving, using language that by definition implies as such, and then turn around three months later and say "just kidding! I'm just not going to mod anymore but I'll still be here!". When I was taking breaks on YouTube, I would post videos from time to time saying that I'd be going on short hiatuses if I was getting burned out, or had other things going on, mostly just to keep my followers informed, and when I made the video that said I would no longer be uploading to YouTube for review purposes, I stuck by that. This is the reason people are taking issue with you, Torm. I thank you and recognize you for keeping up Realm667 and your general influence, but nothing beyond that. If you need that more often, do things that warrant praise. Blade of Agony seems to be plenty enough, with John Romero himself tweeting about it. Many of us don't get that luxury of recognition by someone who is, for many of us, a Doom idol.
While this behavior is disappointing, at this point, it's unfortunately unsurprising. It's become a pattern, which you've pointed out in your own postings. In short, it shows an unwillingness to learn from prior bad behavior, to move on and grow from it. I really hope that this thread doesn't get linked in another five or ten years with another three-month "farewell blog."

@Major Arlene thanks kindly for the reply, good points made and I am sorry that this evolved in such a misunderstanding or turns out to feel so negative.

I connected the farewell always with the modding, not with the community, maybe I wasn’t clear enough when releasing the first parts.