Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

i wonder?

well, in a state of extream boredem and half dosed by my medication I noticed something. across the room sets my old atari 2600 along with a few joy sticks. I pick one up and look at the connector and think. "hey that looks like it can fit into a serial port" not sure but i think it can. either i tried and forgot or just never tried at all. so i want to know.
1. does it fit?
2. could it work if it did?
3. if it can work, is there software and drivers for it?

"Sephiroth
God of Faulty Hardware"

And your title is proven not to be idle flattery. :P Even if you did get the controller to fit in your serial port, I don't think there's any chance in heaven or hell, even on a 3-3-3 day, that your comp would recognize it.

i know it would not see it even if it fit. however i am wondering if someone has ever worked with it and wrote software that could interface with the joy stick

somewhere on classicgaming.com, i believe there's a page of step-by-step instructions on how to modify any controller to work with your usb port.
but if you think i care enough to go looking for it, you're pretty goddamn fucked.

Sounds like a tall order. But I wouldn't doubt there's some l337 guy out there who tried.

You might want to stop plugging components just because they sport look-alike ports. A friend of mine busted an old, $15.000 automated DAT system (complete with robotic arm to change the tapes) by plugging a monitor in an alternate data feed.

Heh me too, except my Atari stuff is pre-2600 and the system is a Sears Telegames imitation.

pritch said:

sorry, was that $15.000 (heh)?

or,

$15,000 (O_O)?

We use the period as a digit grouping symbol and comma as the decimal symbol.

well i dont just plug stuff in cause it fits. havnt even tried.

another interesting thing is that older MAC's had a monitor plug that was the same type as a game port. i think they currently use the normal svga connector