Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Simple Genetic Fluke? Or something far more sinister?

Do you think cats are evolving thumbs?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think cats are evolving thumbs?

• Yeah, can\'t see why not.
    • No. They are just freaks
    • Don\'t care. I love fuzzy kitties though
    • I hate cats and this poll.
    • What the hell is this? You make no sense.

I saw a report on Polydactylus cats last night. Polydactylus cats are cats with extra fingers on their paws, which generally makes them look like they have mittens or whatnot. The Extra toes don't really affect the cat's in any way, but then, people started mentioning that they have seen their cats pick things up in their funny catcher's mitt paws. Now this got me thinking.... Could cats be evolving thumbs? What's next? using clubs to beat mice senseless? Bipedal kitties? Either way,if you want do get a cat, don't Ignore one if it's polydactylus, they're just fine, albeit you have another claw to watch out for.

So, what do you think about this?

Heheh, with those claws he could rip his way out :)

They might be. As a tree-climbing species it might actually be smart.

Still, their claws used to suffice.

Besides, what the hell is sinister about a species evolving thumbs? Panda bears have done already.

well, pandas are okay, but CATS. they could cause untold trouble if they had thumbs. Don't get me wrong, I love cats, but if they figured out how to use the stove or something, I'd be worried.

I can't seem to find anything online about these cats...only found something about a Polydactylus Sexifils, which is a kind of fish. But hey, if cats are growing fingers, I can see myself going and getting one as a pet. And naming it Felicia. And getting its hair dyed white and blue.

Fredrik said:

In SOVIET RUSSIA, thumbs evolve cats!

roofles.

If these thumbs are opposable we're in trouble. Cats can be evil basrads.

Sentient cats...that would rule! Though I'd watch out for furries if I were them...

my dogs can speak. I wish they could bath by themselves.

[EDIT]they can sing too[/EDIT]

pritch said:

If these thumbs are opposable we're in trouble. Cats can be evil basrads.

Forget the thumbs. Cats from outer space have glowing collars that let them do weird shit. They even come with their own Roddy MacDowell :)

the_Danarchist said:

Sentient cats...that would rule! Though I'd watch out for furries if I were them...

Personally, I expected ravage to say something about this. Color me surprised that he wasn't first.

Yeah, I think the furries thing will be quite possible, In a billion years. or two. So I wouldn't be too worried.

the_Danarchist said:

*ahem* :P

Submerge said:

Personally, I expected ravage to say something about this. Color me surprised that he wasn't first.

Yeah, I think the furries thing will be quite possible, In a billion years. or two. So I wouldn't be too worried.

Once they start mapping other animals' genomes, its only a matter of time. Oh, and you expected right. :)

Russell_P said:

Forget the thumbs. Cats from outer space have glowing collars that let them do weird shit. They even come with their own Roddy MacDowell :)

http://tv.cream.org/cat1.jpg

I was actually watching an old copy of that. I love that movie. Brings back good memories. :)

the cat from outerspace. use to like that as a kid. cats are alright but pussy is better.

personaly i would fear a world run by squirrels, i hate those evil rodents

I've seen a few cats like that. They were able to pick up their toys. It was cute an freaky at the same time.

I shoot cats for fun......especialy the ones that piss on my poarch and have rabbies
The only ones that are safe are any undomesticated species or the ones in my house...stray cats r just annoying

Tyockell said:

I shoot cats for fun......especialy the ones that piss on my poarch and have rabbies
The only ones that are safe are any undomesticated species or the ones in my house...stray cats r just annoying

You my *good sir are an ass.

*good here is questionable

Um... maybe it's just someone's pet who ran away and the owners are looking for it.

People like you suck, but nobody's shooting you because of it.

Does anyone else not know of the impending feline evil that is descending upon us? Repent, sinners, for the end is nigh!

[prophet]
See, he comes, and his coming is as of a great foul kitty, with ten heads and two tails. And on those ten heads were written blasphemy. And seven horns did grow up from the first head, and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. And power was given to the first kitty to wage war upon men for time and half a time, and a third of the seas ran blood.
[/prophet]

Don't say I didn't warn you.

DC