Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

Over the past several months TNT (Maps 05, 08, and 09 stand out the most here) gave me a newfound appreciation for Invisibility Spheres.

3 minutes ago, peach freak said:

Over the past several months TNT (Maps 05, 08, and 09 stand out the most here) gave me a newfound appreciation for Invisibility Spheres.

they are really usefull for avoiding scanners especially in tnt since theres so many of them

Sometimes I like to fire my chaingun and pretend that I am a spider mastermind. 

Try it. Look at where your chaingun is situated on the screen! Plot Twist: Doomguy is a spider mastermind.

Once you have seen it, you can't unsee it.

On 5/29/2021 at 2:41 PM, peach freak said:

I can't be the only one bothered by this double-spacing in the episode 2 ending text, can I?

e2ending.png

Fixed it: Ep2StoryFix.deh

4 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Fixed it: Ep2StoryFix.deh

I love the fact that there are people so passionate about this game that we  have a dehacked patch for a double spaced gap in an ending text.

I hope John Romero sees this one day.

That sounds like a good addition to the Minor Sprite Fixing Project deh patch. Good thing it's a superfluous character and not a missing one, or this would've been harder to fix.

- I use crouch, mouselook, and jumping

- I like texture filtering

- haven't finished Valiant

- I've play hdoom once in a while

now, I must run and hide!

I perceive the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes as using the Mock 2 MAP40 theme song, and not the other way around.

-I very rarely play through a wad in its entirety. it was many years before I sat down and actually beat the 4 main IWADs. I did AV and maybe some others, but that's it.

-I don't like the attitude that UV is the only difficulty, especially as modern maps tend to be harder even than plutonia. I suffer from it too...I feel bad about playing under UV, like somehow it matters. Nobody's watching!

-To be honest, after playing Doom for so long, it gets repetitive. There's only so many ways you can mix up the gameplay. Probably why I find myself gravitating towards wads with great visuals. More room for creativity there.

inspired by the previous post: while i love to look at modern maps with stunning visuals (like BridgeBurner56 creations, for example), i see them as art objects, not as actual game maps i want to play. but give me good old standard techbase -- and i am immediately sold.

I don't really play Doom much anymore. In fairness I'm overwhelmed with other projects, and I am playing through the games on stream, but just sitting down and trying new wads isn't something I do much like I used to.

honestly i really dont like the 32 level megawad structure, at a certain point unless the author(s) can really mix things up a lot either gameplay-wise or visually, after the first few levels it tends to blend together for me and i end up just never finishing out of boredom

7 hours ago, CherryMvffins said:

honestly i really dont like the 32 level megawad structure, at a certain point unless the author(s) can really mix things up a lot either gameplay-wise or visually, after the first few levels it tends to blend together for me and i end up just never finishing out of boredom

Me neither, it feels like it never ends, and like i achieved nothing.

• I only use GZDoom ( I don't have a need to switch)
  • I think Brutal Doom is a good mod (it seems to be a sin in doomworld)
  • I use mouselook
  • I use texture Filtering(only linear it seems it doesn't affect map textures), along with high quality resizes(XBRZ Old)
  • I play HDoom once in a while

2 hours ago, Cehualli5 said:
  • I only use GZDoom ( I don't have a need to switch)

Read the results of this poll.

• I think Brutal Doom is a good mod (it seems to be a sin in doomworld)

No it's not, just don't bother WAD creators when their projects aren't compatible. That's the only reason (besides some of Mark's old antics) that some people frown upon it, if you don't do that you're golden.

• I use mouselook

This is like the least frowned upon advanced feature ever. Even purist-friendly ports like Eternity, Odamex, Crispy Doom, and even technically PrBoom+ have this.

My Doom confession is that this stupid trope of Doomworld being some toxic hive of purists who will crucify you for using GZDoom/mods/UDMF/whatever is getting really old, really fast.

1 hour ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

Read the results of this poll.

No it's not, just don't bother WAD creators when their projects aren't compatible. That's the only reason (besides some of Mark's old antics) that some people frown upon it, if you don't do that you're golden.

This is like the least frowned upon advanced feature ever. Even purist-friendly ports like Eternity, Odamex, Crispy Doom, and even technically PrBoom+ have this.

My Doom confession is that this stupid trope of Doomworld being some toxic hive of purists who will crucify you for using GZDoom/mods/UDMF/whatever is getting really old, really fast.

I am new here and I am mostly joking, except for the last two

I just got the most stupid V_DrawPatch error ever after naming my intermission midi INTERPIC instead of D_DM2INT.

I can't stop procrastinating to finish my Ultimate Doom E4 playthrough. I should only start playing TNT after that if I care about chronology, but somehow I already have a TNT playthrough save lol

On 6/19/2021 at 4:14 AM, CherryPoptartzzz said:

I only finish really standout out megawads. A lot of them (I mean a LOT) blend together. I much prefer the Ultimate Doom four episode structure.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:49 AM, Kyka said:

I love the fact that there are people so passionate about this game that we  have a dehacked patch for a double spaced gap in an ending text.

I hope John Romero sees this one day.

I hope that double-space was ironic.

On 9/17/2021 at 2:59 AM, Scypek2 said:

I just got the most stupid V_DrawPatch error ever after naming my intermission midi INTERPIC instead of D_DM2INT.

That is the best brainfart! I've caught myself crossing wires in similar ways in the past.

I can't ever seem to make it through an entire megawad. I feel like there's all this content waiting and all this stuff to experience, but I never really make it past 8 or so maps in. It's happened with just about every major megawad I've tried to play since Doom 1 and 2.

-After playing AV, I fail to see the reason why the WAD is praised.

-I genuinely think some tracks from classic Doom games sounds a lot better on OPL

-I use resurrect command in ZDoom at 75% rate.

-I IDDQD casually while playing Doom wads.

-I've never finished 80% of wads in my Doom folder (but played most of them)

-I use crosshair when playing in ZDoom based source port

-I use freelook daily

Spoiler

-Eviternity is boring. Ancient Aliens is a better wad

-D_RUNNIN is a good track

Edited by lokbustam257