Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VanaheimRanger

Post a picture of your cat(s)!

They were both feral cats who went through the Trap-Neuter-Return program before we brought them inside our house. A "tipped" left ear is a sign of a TNR cat.

4 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

They were both feral cats who went through the Trap-Neuter-Return program before we brought them inside our house. A "tipped" left ear is a sign of a TNR cat.

Ah, i didn't know that.  Most of ours came to us from people my wife found online who couldn't continue caring for them, so we rescued them to keep them from being taken to the animal shelter.  Some we have had since they were kittens, some we rescued when they were older.

4 minutes ago, VanaheimRanger said:

Ah, i didn't know that.  Most of ours came to us from people my wife found online who couldn't continue caring for them, so we rescued them to keep them from being taken to the animal shelter.  Some we have had since they were kittens, some we rescued when they were older.

Rescues are just as good. Glad to see you doing this.

5 hours ago, PSXDoomer said:

Felix.

What @Reelvonic said. Plus very nice lighting and photography.

15 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

They were both feral cats

A friend of mine rescues and helps to rehabilitate feral cats, particularly kittens. They, in turn, occasionally use her face for a scratching post while she's asleep. Much as I love cats, I couldn't see myself adopting a feral cat.

5 minutes ago, Thirteened_Candles said:

Gigi ..... just chillin on my desk

Gotta love that purple/starry bowtie and silver bell!

[EDIT: I just noticed the plush caco on the shelf above. Very cool!]

36 minutes ago, ReX said:

[EDIT: I just noticed the plush caco on the shelf above. Very cool!]

Thanks! I've had that plush since middle school, one of my prized possessions

12 hours ago, ReX said:

A friend of mine rescues and helps to rehabilitate feral cats, particularly kittens. They, in turn, occasionally use her face for a scratching post while she's asleep. Much as I love cats, I couldn't see myself adopting a feral cat.

Baker was brought in as a kitten. He was very friendly from the get-go, even when he was living outside as a feral. Loudmouth we believe was really an indoor cat who was abandoned due to certain "litter box issues" with which we have found a way to cope.

Here's an old picture (2017) of our feral cat colony. I think Loudmouth is in the picture on the far right, before he became an indoor cat.

FeralColony001a.jpg

12 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Here's an old picture (2017) of our feral cat colony. I think Loudmouth is in the picture on the far right, before he became an indoor cat.

aaa, they're so cute <3

speaking of feral cats, my s/o brought in a feral kitten last fall. she's adjusted to her new lifestyle as an indoor cat very well

image.png.67b56091f8ee9c95278dbbcd4c9cc707.png

her name is iris

5 minutes ago, roadworx said:

aaa, they're so cute <3

speaking of feral cats, my s/o brought in a feral kitten last fall. she's adjusted to her new lifestyle very well

image.png.67b56091f8ee9c95278dbbcd4c9cc707.png

her name is iris

Ah, a tortoiseshell! My wife rescued one from a hoarder's house just before the City of Garland Health Department was about to bug bomb it. She would have died from the fumes if my wife hadn't searched the home and located her. Her name is "Pretty Girl" (not our choice), and she's a 7-pound ball of absolute tortitude. She bullies both Baker and Loudmouth into submission.

54 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Ah, a tortoiseshell! My wife rescued one from a hoarder's house just before the City of Garland Health Department was about to bug bomb it. She would have died from the fumes if my wife hadn't searched the home and located her. Her name is "Pretty Girl" (not our choice), and she's a 7-pound ball of absolute tortitude. She bullies both Baker and Loudmouth into submission.

Speaking of Torties, I have wondered if our Zero might be part tortie, she has some very interesting markings, my wife thought she was Siamese when we first went to get her.

Her picture from my first post here:

20200218_054306.jpg

I have also wondered if she might be a chimera, she definitely has some genetic issue that has stunted her growth, she is 2 but is still the size of a kitten.  Our vet said they call it microkitten syndrome.

8 hours ago, FrozenPizza said:

She passed away yesterday. RIP Bella. <3 

Kitty in a trash can <3

I am so sorry. I was wondering if that was was a trash can. They just can't stop getting in to weird places.

But yeah, I am really sorry to hear that you lost your kitty. I was almost going to say losing a pet is hard, but really when "you lose a pet", you lose someone. They have a name, they have their own personalities, you interact with them on a daily basis. It doesn't feel like just losing a pet. So my most sincere condolences. But I'm sure Bella's life was far better having you in it, and your life was far better for having Bella in it. I wish you the best, just remember the best times. The times that little kitty ran in front of you and you had to pull your foot up so you didn't step on her. Or the purrs and the cuddles. Or the meows, and the lazy afternoons. Or the multiple, random, out of nowhere demon scratches for no apparent reason.

Again, I'm sorry. Bella was a cute kitty.

Not to take anything away from your loss, but I figured I'd post a picture of Lilly. She was on the back of the couch trying to figure out how to get outside and kill the birds in the yard. Shaking her little butt and getting tensed up to pounce.

zqhowqD.jpg

I decided to sit down and look out the window with her. She seems to like it when I sit and look out the window with her; not sure if it gives her a feeling of validation or camaraderie ("Yes, I was right! There IS something out there that needs to be killed!"), but she seems to enjoy it. I'm glad I did, because she was paying particular attention to the screen window in the lower left hand corner. I looked at it, and realized that the rubber splining had come loose, and the mesh screen had slightly disconnected.

The gap wasn't enough for her to instantly get out, and she's tended to like staying indoors for the last few years. But there was enough of a gap that she could probably muscle her way out, especially if there's finches on the menu. So I closed the window, went out there with a splining tool and sealed it back up. 

I'd love for her to be an outside cat, but I really don't think it's a good idea. There's a highway about 200 yards behind the house, there's fields with tall grass all over, and some people around here just really like shooting cats. I'm not worried about .22's, but you can kill a cat with a BB gun, or a crossbow, so no noise. I'm not terribly concerned about her getting shot in this area, but some asshole with a BB gun could easily prove me wrong. And there's cars. And turkeys, and coyotes, and mountain lions. So I would just prefer to keep her inside. And she seems pretty happy with that, even if she really wants to kill those damn birds.

Edited by Jello

FB_IMG_1621463220854.jpg

This is Nina, my wife and I have applied to adopt her and are hoping to hear back very soon.  Since our girl Pinky passed away a little over a year ago my wife has not felt right about taking in a new one, but when she saw Nina she fell in love.  She is missing one of her back legs, but can still get around very well.

EDIT: If we do get to take her home, her name will definitely be chaned, lol.

24 minutes ago, VanaheimRanger said:

FB_IMG_1621463220854.jpg

This is Nina, my wife and I have applied to adopt her and are hoping to hear back very soon.  Since our girl Pinky passed away a little over a year ago my wife has not felt right about taking in a new one, but when she saw Nina she fell in love.  She is missing one of her back legs, but can still get around very well.

EDIT: If we do get to take her home, her name will definitely be chaned, lol.

Awww, little cutie. I hope you get to take her home. I do agree that getting another little fur bundle is hard after losing one, but your wife will not regret the decision. After my dog got cancer, I never really wanted another pet. Then I realized just how empty the house felt without a little ball of fluff running around, so perusing the shelter I found Lilly. Well, her name was Little Bit, for some reason. I've always wondered if the previous owners didn't take her back and call her Little Bitch, and the shelter changed her name; apparently she was "stalking" their children. She's done that to me, it looks like she's just acting like a damn cat. But I've always thought Lilly was a really pretty name; and her big blue eyes were just so striking when I first met her.

Anyway, I understand your wife not wanting another kitty at first, it's hard to say goodbye to a pet, it's hard to accept that you'll ever get over them, but you'll both be happy. Well, all three of you, I'm sure "Nina" wants a loving home too. 

No idea what name you'll give her, but my first thought was Samantha, followed by Sasha, and then Athena. Of course it's up to you guys, but for some reason I thought Samantha. Regardless, she's very pretty. Wish you and yours the best of luck.

8 hours ago, Grazza said:

C0KLQNh.jpg

Teddy telling Milton he isn't trash.

Aww. No kitty is ever trash. Even if they like pretending that they are from time to time.

You've got some cute cats there.