Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

RAMP - Rabbit's All-Comers Mapping project [DONE!!]

I 100% the whole thing. Was rather proud of myself tbh.

I was missing one secret at the end and a few items so I want looking - noticed a half-drawn section on the map adjacent to the green pool with the bridge over it. Checked it out and saw another tunnel with literally everything I could have used much earlier on!

So far I have 2 added things to my map, which I hope doesn't break the rule about custom things. All I did was change the map music to Donna to the Rescue and added this sky I made myself:

HELLOFFIRESFINISH.png.c4cc1c7556bca12c28bcdbbe57e569fc.png

Hellness.png.e663d00ed8d995ec94c13629178a1a0a.png

Muahahahahahahahahahhahaha...

5 minutes ago, KubaloBlackMT said:

So far I have 2 added things to my map, which I hope doesn't break the rule about custom things. All I did was change the map music to Donna to the Rescue and added this sky I made myself

Sounds good :) The uploader on ramp.teamouse.net will recognize the first MIDI in the wad as the music to play, and it’ll also import the sky as long as it’s called RSKY1.

11 minutes ago, DavidN said:

Sounds good :) The uploader on ramp.teamouse.net will recognize the first MIDI in the wad as the music to play, and it’ll also import the sky as long as it’s called RSKY1.

Great, my map is on map01 anyways!

@Lazlo Panaflex

I think there's supposed to be a switch here.

When I pressed use on the wall here the ramp showed up, but doesn't seem to be a switch.

This is at the top of the third tower after you get the red keycard.

Screenshot_2021-05-21_23-10-01.png

No other issues. I haven't finished the map yet though.

I got the red key... beat the archvile here and haven't figured out what to do next.

So far its been a really challenging but super cool map.

Screenshot_2021-05-22_00-45-41.png

@dodex1000 you’re right there at the exit, and the switch to open the door is across the room from where you  are. It’s on a timer so you have to hit it and hotfoot it back in time.

17 minutes ago, SLOTH MARINE (CB) said:

I am trying to submit a wad but no matter how much a drag an drop the file then submit IT JUST WON'T SUBMIT, can someone help me?

1120077255_Screenshot2021-05-2123-19-24.png.39d21f8e7bcc546cf4f95b5a610375df.png92306801_Screenshot2021-05-2123-19-36.png.2c89cfdfb9d6d963f96dd1f95be112f2.png1120077255_Screenshot2021-05-2123-19-24.png.39d21f8e7bcc546cf4f95b5a610375df.png

odd

I just uploaded monster camp wad without issues

@CBM -- MONSTER CAMP! Another brilliantly sweaty monster festival that seemed impossible at first but rewards the faithful. Architecture overall is a little boxy, but the focus here is on the action, (Shout out to the 4-linedef turd on the floor in the bathroom. Someone had a little stool in their blood).

Once again, a brilliant example of doing so much with so little. Using 3D floors to create a two-story housing block and keeping the bestiary limited to Caco's and Revenants forced me into this 'run-and-cover' panic mode that had my heart racing without much opportunity to take a breath. I'm very jealous of how efficiently you use monsters. Excellent stuff once again. 

Screenshot_Doom_20210522_104858.png.b67970c1200f8dc697f284adcb2c5cec.png

Send failing WADs to me directly and I'll take a look!

@SLOTH MARINE (CB)'s submission was just over the 8MB upload limit - but more to the point, is full of an impressive list of custom stuff, and as it stands just now it overwrites just about every monster sprite, menu item, weapon, sound effect and everything else in the game (including a DEHACKED lump). So unfortunately I wouldn't be able to include it in the hub level/main project as-is because that would affect all the other levels as well.

There are a couple of things I could do... first (and far easier) is to maybe include WADs with a load of built-in custom stuff as a bonus pack outside the main PK3 project? The second (much harder), I could write up some sort of guide on how to convert this so that it'll work in a GZDoom project with other maps... it would involve moving a lot of sprites to new names and defining monsters through ZSCRIPT or DECORATE instead of DEHACKED.

Just submitted my map into slot 19!  Not the first map I've ever made, but it's the first map I've ever shared.  It's pretty short, but I'd love some feedback on the balance.  Too many hitscanners? Not enough monster variety? Too much ammo and health laying around?

I'm still going to tinker with it some more, maybe add in one more big fight before the end, but basically I think this is it.

Just now, it only records whether jumping/crouching is enabled! But I plan to add more flags as people need them.

So that map is map 20, but it looks like it wasn't assigned a portal in the hub. There are still at least 6 unused portals in there that I can see... or can I just not find it?

1 hour ago, DavidN said:

Send failing WADs to me directly and I'll take a look!

@SLOTH MARINE (CB)'s submission was just over the 8MB upload limit - but more to the point, is full of an impressive list of custom stuff, and as it stands just now it overwrites just about every monster sprite, menu item, weapon, sound effect and everything else in the game (including a DEHACKED lump). So unfortunately I wouldn't be able to include it in the hub level/main project as-is because that would affect all the other levels as well.

There are a couple of things I could do... first (and far easier) is to maybe include WADs with a load of built-in custom stuff as a bonus pack outside the main PK3 project? The second (much harder), I could write up some sort of guide on how to convert this so that it'll work in a GZDoom project with other maps... it would involve moving a lot of sprites to new names and defining monsters through ZSCRIPT or DECORATE instead of DEHACKED.

well I know nothing about using decorate and zscripts so just not include that wad and I'll make a map (probably in UDMF) that uses doom 2 assets 

The response to this has really bowled me over so far - it's been three days since I announced it here and the hub level is now stuffed with 18 maps at varying degrees of progress! It's particularly fantastic to see so many people who are new to making Doom maps giving it a try. Here's a look at where the project is so far, and some playthroughs of five of the shorter maps.

Looks like this blew up bigger than you expected, huh Dave? Really exciting to see so many people quickly come together to produce some maps. I look forward to playing this once it's all compiled. Hell, if it gets big enough, we might be even able to play it with the DWmegaWAD Club at some point. 

On 5/20/2021 at 10:55 PM, Geckertim said:

Your content's been really helpful for me getting started with mapping, and I'd love to contribute to this! I know it's probably not a good idea to be juggling multiple community maps at once, but, in the words of Postal Dude: "This can't be good for me, but I feel great!"

Same with the juggling. I have four maps to finish up for June but thankfully they're almost all complete. I may join in on this one, once that stuff is all done. Not 100% sure at the moment. haha.

Good luck with the project DavidN. Like DoomKid said, that's a cool looking logo.

If you're incentivizing maxing the levels, perhaps a screen prompt when you max the level would be appropriate. 

It's a week after I opened this to submissions, and people seem to really have been in the mood for large projects - we are now beyond megawad territory with 35 maps submitted, and an ever-expanding hub to fit them all in! You can have a look at the project with the continuously updated build at https://ramp.teamouse.net/download.php - and see a load of tutorials if you're thinking about submitting one yourself :) 

Here's another very small selection of contributions so far - I'm working my way steadily through them...

3I7bJ7F.png