Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArchViolence

Which is consensually the best wad?

What is the wad that most people in the community (here, the ZDoom forums, etc) agree is the best ever, basically.

Just posted this the other day. read it to find the answer you're looking for. 

Edit: I also don't know if this is on the list, but here is a thread that's pretty easy to find on the forums. 

46 minutes ago, ArchViolence said:

What is the wad that most people in the community (here, the ZDoom forums, etc) agree is the best ever, basically.

Here is a voted list of Doomworld's favorite wads, but basically there is no consensus. The current #1 in points Ancient Aliens has 11 10-point votes -- and probably a few more than that at most if it's just "whoever assigned their highest number of points to it." That is out of 158 total voters, so it's pretty diffuse as a plurality. (Here is also one for ZDoom's community, which includes gameplay mods.)

That is the beauty of Doom of course -- there is something for everyone, and no one will agree. Of 2020, there were 20-25 wads I know of that I saw someone (on Doomworld, Discord, Twitter, etc.) feel deserved a Cacoward, sometimes quite adamantly. (That includes the "official" 10.) You won't find a great deal of consensus anywhere unless you start to narrow it down into specific things like, "What do people agree is the best slaughterwad with a sector toilet in it." 

1 hour ago, Chip said:

Just posted this the other day. read it to find the answer you're looking for. 

Edit: I also don't know if this is on the list, but here is a thread that's pretty easy to find on the forums. 

The last post should be pinned.. incredible.

I don't know the draw to ancient aliens. i think alien vendetta may be the best third party wad ever created. glad to see it rank #2

Consensually, there's no best wad being set in stone. Only a bunch of lists that you can find to help you decide which is the "best" wad.

On 5/22/2021 at 2:36 PM, Biff Dunderbuff said:

Obviously it's Imp Encounter

I don't think there was anything consensual about that.

16 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Clearly we should be asking which is sensually the best wad

Kama Sutra is pretty close

No such wad exists. People like different things for different reasons.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:22 PM, Doomkid said:

dwango5.wad obviously

dwango9.wad is better