Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

You Get 2 Million Dollars But you Can Never Play Doom Again

"I'd rather chop off my ding dong than never play Doom again!"

"You'd rather chop off your ding dong than not play Doom?"

"Yeah!"

"Wowee..."

Probably the first thing I'd do as well, my first thought would be "why is this guy offering millions so that I can't play this specific game?"

And that is how it ends. That is how Dark Lord bought most of the doomworld members so no one will stop him again.

So many sell-outs. This is an absolute disgrace.

Spoiler

Does it apply to all Doom games or just one? I'm asking purely out of curiosity you understand.

2 hours ago, Kes Gaming YT said:

That would suck, but I'd take the money and switch to GTA

What happened to the "Rise to the Top" :p

What about some pays you 2 million dollars but you can only play bad slaughter maps for the rest of your life.

1 hour ago, JBerg said:

What about some pays you 2 million dollars but you can only play bad slaughter maps for the rest of your life.

Have you seen Maximum Doom?? It IS bad slaughtermaps for life!!

10 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

What happened to the "Rise to the Top" :p

I just tell people the series is "on hold" but that we'll "come back to it eventually."

Worked for getting me out of Minecraft.

7 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Search your feelings, Kes.  You ain't giving up playing Doom, not for anything. 

You know this to be true

I mean, you're fairly right. Though, eventually, I'll run out of Doom content to play, and the bulk of my focus will be shifted elsewhere.

Sure, it seems like a lot now, but I'll be done with Maximum Doom in about 2 months, and then only have another 14 games or so in the main series. I mean, it will probably take me awhile to get through the 720 custom levels packs on my Doom Mods list, but even that will run out eventually.

Is this thread a joke? Even if you didn't need nor want the money for personal use, that kind of wealth can save/change so many lives. It would be immoral to say your enjoyment of a particular videogame is more valuable than the good you could do with that money.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:35 PM, Dubbag said:

A very rich person offers you 2 million dollars but the catch is you can never play Doom ever again or he'll come back for you with some friends, doesn't matter how he knows.  You know he's good for it and would take you to the bank with him to start the first deposit immediately so you can see him do it.

What do you do?

eh sure. i've already beaten doom 1 and 2 on UV, haven't played final doom yet though.

Probably not going to take the money. Don't get me wrong, it's not because of my love of Doom, no. Anyone offering anything close to that amount of money for me to never play a very specific video game is mad sus. I'd think something is seriously wrong in this entire deal and would play it safe, and not get involved. For all I know the 2 mil could be very illegal and if I choose to take it, someone might come for my ass even if I don't play Doom. NO DEAL!

1 minute ago, Zulk RS said:

Probably not going to take the money. Don't get me wrong, it's not because of my love of Doom, no. Anyone offering anything close to that amount of money for me to never play a very specific video game is mad sus. I'd think something is seriously wrong in this entire deal and would play it safe, and not get involved. For all I know the 2 mil could be very illegal and if I choose to take it, someone might come for my ass even if I don't play Doom. NO DEAL!

Take the money, just play Boom on Doom II compatibility settings. It's under a different name, so you could play it.

1 minute ago, Paf said:

Take the money, just play Boom on Doom II compatibility settings. It's under a different name, so you could play it.

Not playing Doom is not the issue here. The issue is that the whole situation is a very fishy one. They could have told me "I'll pay you 2 Mil to never play solitaire again" and I'd still refuse even though I never play Solitaire anyway. 

Just now, Zulk RS said:

Not playing Doom is not the issue here. The issue is that the whole situation is a very fishy one. They could have told me "I'll pay you 2 Mil to never play solitaire again" and I'd still refuse even though I never play Solitaire anyway. 

Oh.

Now, $2 million is a lot of money. But Doom is priceless. (Plus, I can just run Maps of Chaos, D2TWID, Plutonia 2 and countless others through Freedoom, it's close enough.)

Enjoying my 2 million, found a nice old game that's pretty good as a replacement, "Dhoom Thoo" or something.

maxresdefault.jpg.a633ade357f50fbb6b87fcff32a85114.jpg

It's pretty good, definitely not Doom 2 but it'll do

25 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Enjoying my 2 million, found a nice old game that's pretty good as a replacement, "Dhoom Thoo" or something.

maxresdefault.jpg.a633ade357f50fbb6b87fcff32a85114.jpg

It's pretty good, definitely not Doom 2 but it'll do

Lol that gave me a good laugh. 

I like your style, top man.

3 hours ago, Zulk RS said:

Makes all the sense in the world the dealer seems a bit mental to offer such a thing so that I can’t play or do an specific thing 

4 hours ago, vdm1337 said:

Now, $2 million is a lot of money. But Doom is priceless. (Plus, I can just run Maps of Chaos, D2TWID, Plutonia 2 and countless others through Freedoom, it's close enough.)

just play boom

What I would do is this. I would take the money, spend it on a cool RV, buy a cool RV and RV Awning Enclosures. I would give the necessary amount to my parents so they would not need anything, and I would put the remaining amount on deposit in a Swiss bank. I would get interest on the deposit and travel the world in my SUV (I'm thinking of an electric Toyota Tundra or Tesla Cybertruck) 

Nay. Shitty overused cliche, but money can't buy you happiness, or to be more exact, money can't buy you ataraxia, and I don't know what I'm going to be able to do to keep myself from going mental with all the time I would have spent playing Doom. I guess like all rich people I'm meant to start playing golf but I hate going outside.

I would rather play Doom than take the money
Money are Temporary but Doom is Eternal

I'd take the 2 million.  It would be super unfortunate, but lots of other hobbies and retro games to play (why hello XCOM2)

Ok, this one was way too easy I think.

How about, you are paid 2 million $ not play video game, ever.

(And you can't cheat.)

Accept or reject ?

Can I use the money to fund an indie dev project with the goal of creating my own Doom entirely from memory