Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

Release Date?

If they did announce a release date, we will be one of the first to know, and it would easily be the biggest news of the year (until the actual release, that is).

It was originally speculated that release date would be sometime in MARCH 2003, but this is March so......

Can't say for sure but look out for June/July. ID can make most money on those months I am figuring.

doomedout said:

It was originally speculated that release date would be sometime in MARCH 2003, but this is March so......

Can't say for sure but look out for June/July. ID can make most money on those months I am figuring.

Yea thats what I was thinking also. I can live with it being released in the summer its not that far away.

Gamespot pulled a number out of their ass. For the only accurate estimate, keep your browser pointed here.

IMJack said:

Gamespot pulled a number out of their ass. For the only accurate estimate, keep your browser pointed here.

I visited that place, and I agree with you, sir.

IMO, Doom 3 should be released "when it's done," just like "Duke Nukem 4 Ever."

IMJack said:

The game is shooting for 2003. Why don't they write that? Also, placing Doom3 with DN4 is wrong.

Shaviro said:

The game is shooting for 2003. Why don't they write that? Also, placing Doom3 with DN4 is wrong.

No, I think IMJack is giving us a VERY accurate site for games with release dates.

[edit]Sorry about that, Zoost. :(

Kirby X said:

No

No, what no? Are you trolling around here? You can have your own opinion but please motivate your answer (just like in school). I think it is wrong for obvious reasons!

Shaviro said:

As soon as one of the id team gives Rich LaPorte a definite number, then Doom 3 will get away from the bad hoodoo of DN4 and TF2.

Of course, Rich had to be reminded to take UT2 off the short list after it appeared in the definite list. :)

Shaviro said:

Also, placing Doom3 with DN4 is wrong.

It's not wrong, it's just that those developers have asked for those games to be placed on that list, due to the amount of speculation over the release dates. As soon as the games are Gold, they will disappear from that list...

...and So far every release date given for Doom3 is a guess, because neither id nor Activision have made any comments/press releases on it.

Yeah I love how there's like 6 release dates floating around and not one of em holds water. Wait till id (or Activision) tells us Doom 3 will be released ##/##/03[hopefully] and then we'll have a big discussion about it (don't ask me what that thread will be about, but i'm sure someone will start one)

Why do they cll it Duke Nukem Forever? Maybe because it'll be Forever untill it's released.

Haha, Thanks, I'll be here all week, you've been great!

Demons Hand said:

Mags and sites seem to be saying alot of crap.

Except for that site IMJack provided us, IMO ^_^

Kirby X said:

Except for that site IMJack provided us, IMO ^_^

They haven't said anything at all! :P

Who is this spammer anyhow? Back to the point, I really really think ID will be pressurized to release it when they can make the most money from this title, so we are looking at a summer release(most probable).
Hoping.
Hoping.

Oh and another thing, haven't ID been awfully quiet in the last couple of weeks?

I'm pretty sure id will have the game to ready to go at some point in this year. Don't know when, but the release date probably too far away.

Kirby X said:

I visited that place, and I agree with you, sir.

IMO, Doom 3 should be released "when it's done," just like "Duke Nukem 4 Ever."

ohhhh shit......... well then were never seein doom 3.

mewse said:

the official release date is "when it's done".

my estimation is soonish.

And unlike 3Dgamers, ID won't dissapoint their fans. It'd be unpossible. ;)

mewse said:

the official release date is "when it's done".

my estimation is soonish.

and when it's done = 2003 according to id.

I don't give a fuck how old it is (people making a big deal out of the 10th anniversary), waiting till then if the game is ready now is a bad idea. If the game happens to get done at that time and they release it then, fine, but just waiting, or delaying, would be a dumb-fuck, why don't we satisfy some morons, thing to do.