Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

On 5/23/2021 at 3:20 PM, bLOCKbOYgAMES said:

There was an early 90's doom 2 single map. It had in one area a bunch of hexagon lifts, all next to each other. There was a cyberdemon on a bridge I think. The start was very enclosed, with lots of tight corridors. The starting area was exposed to the sky. It was one of the earliest pwads that I can remember playing. Lots of tight interconnected spaces and areas. All three keys(?) The spider mastermind was in this silver and blue area I think.

I believe it was a reasonably well known wad back in the day.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Not everything is as you describe, but maybe Mines of Titan?

I want to take this chance to say really thanks to those people who always help in this thread (especially VVL and Mad Butcher). Really cool maps would have been lost without your often and unsung efforts. Thanks again!

13 hours ago, vdgg said:

Not everything is as you describe, but maybe Mines of Titan?

Hi vdgg. No sadly it isn't it. I see that Mines of Titan was released in 2003, and this map was around in 95, 96 at the latest. Thank you for the suggestion though.

(I actually had a play of the map you suggested, and Good God, I remember playing it like, must have been when it came out, coz it sure was a long time ago. I saw the hexagon section of the map, which presumably you connected to my 'hexagon lift' description. and the fact that it started outdoors. There are similarities. But the map I am after is tighter and less spaced out.)

Edited by bLOCKbOYgAMES

2 hours ago, bLOCKbOYgAMES said:

Hi vdgg. No sadly it isn't it. I see that Mines of Titan was released in 2003, and this map was around in 95, 96 at the latest. Thank you for the suggestion though.

(I actually had a play of the map you suggested, and Good God, I remember playing it like, must have been when it came out, coz it sure was a long time ago. I saw the hexagon section of the map, which presumably you connected to my 'hexagon lift' description. and the fact that it started outdoors. There are similarities. But the map I am after is tighter and less spaced out.)

Are you looking for the Enigma Episode by Jim Flynn? (Same authour as Mines of Titan) There is a section of a map in there that is indeed a fuckton of hexagons. It is also a map made in 1995.

724px-Enigma_Ep_MAP06_map.png

16 minutes ago, FEDEX said:

...and for thouse interested here is The Enigma Episode:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/d-f/enigma

Anyone playing Enigma should also play Interdiction Zone, which would fit right in, as its the only proper Jim Flynn release that's not either in Enigma or part of the Titan or Oracle series https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/g-i/intzone

We need to make a proper tribute project for Jim Flynn, RIP.

17 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Sorry for the off topic question, but I am a newbie: on my hard drive I have a copy of Interdiction Zone called DM2ITZ.ZIP, whereas on the Idgames database is called intzone.zip. Is there a reason why the name is different? Thanks in advance

For those interested this is the file  DM2ITZ.ZIP

Edited by thestarrover

On 5/28/2021 at 4:54 PM, thestarrover said:

Is there a reason why the name is different?

Yes, there is.

https://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom/p-r/quad.txt

* Copyright / Permissions *

Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.

You MAY distribute this WAD, provided you include this file, with
no modifications, and NOT for MONEY !
        BLSIDE.ZIP     Blindside! (Doom2)(~*~DM2BLS.ZIP)
        BLSIDE2.ZIP    Blindside2! (Doom2)
        FORSAKEN.ZIP   Forsaken... (Doom2)
        DEADLOCK.ZIP   Deadlock (Doom2)
        ORACLE.ZIP     Oracle (Doom2, Co-author : Jim Flynn)(~*~DM2ORA.ZIP)
        BRUNDLE.ZIP    Brundle's Revenge (Doom1)(~*~DMBRUND.ZIP)
        CASTLE5.ZIP    Castle from Hell (Doom1)(~*~DMCAS.ZIP)

~*~NOTE : SOME LEVELS WERE ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN THE COMPUSERVE GAMERS FORUM, 
	  THUS THE 'DM' OR 'DM2' PREFIXES. I'M USING THE NAMES AS I THOUGHT
	  THEY SHOULD REALLY BE.

Bonus:

Flynn's DOOM II Levels

On 3/19/2021 at 5:28 PM, Maverick00_ said:

Snip

So I finally figured out what the wad was. The wad I was thinking of was the Wooo2 jokewad. For anyone itching for solid jokewads, the three Wooo wads are fucking hilarious. It's kind of like Killing Adventure, or the higher effort Mock 2 levels most of the time.

Looking for

--  superepicwad.wad

--  not_hdoom.wad

I can't find the link

Thx in advance

Edited by FEDEX

Ok, guys, it would be really crazy, but I'm asking for help to find MY OWN WAD.

Back in ~2010, I've uploaded somewhere (idgames, possibly, btw) an one-level WAD. It was a simple "city-like" map, you're spawning on rooftops and fights zombies (3D modeled, taken from some wad) with custom weapons from realm667.com. The music was "Stalker" from Duke Nukem 3D.

Well, this WAD is really trash and low-effort, but I want kinda look at it again. BTW, I can't find it because I didn't upload it as "Dexiaz", it was possibly "Fantom", but not sure either.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯