Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofgibbitude

Over 32-map megawads?

Technically, H!Zone's repackaged form has 106 maps. 9 single player episodes, 3 deathmatch episodes.

• DUMP 2 (+65 maps)
  • DUMP 3 (+75 maps)
  • Joy of Mapping 4 (+40 maps)
  • Joy of Mapping 5 (+50 maps)
  • Joy of Mapping 6 (+70 maps)

33 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

Technically, H!Zone's repackaged form has 106 maps. 9 single player episodes, 3 deathmatch episodes.

3 deathmatch episodes?! Are the maps any good?

Well I don't think this one is notable but 

I think this one is a good one

Hell legacy made by handofnagash 

But this one requires skulltag content which I don't think you may be interested in but it's quite a good one

Arguably, Memento Mori 2, which had 2 maps hidden in the info pack that was available when it first came out.  Only one of them is probably worth playing, though.

1 minute ago, Capellan said:

Arguably, Memento Mori 2, which had 2 maps hidden in the info pack that was available when it first came out.  Only one of them is probably worth playing, though.

was just about to say that

plutonia 2 also has an extra secret map

DTWID Lost Episodes has 55 maps, 2002 ADO 10th Anniversary Edition has 38 maps (39 if you count the exclusive map in the old edition. Really wish pcorf had kept the old E4M1 as a bonus slot, as it hurts noone to have an extra map in there), as does No End in Sight and Death Tormention: Complete Trilogy. All three of these are Ultimate Doom wads. Doom 2 Unleashed has 40 maps, 32 in the main episode and 8 in the other, although like most overflow maps, the 8 extras were neglected and are buggy (Can we drop this stigma on overflow/'rejected' maps please? Maps are maps, all of them are worth playing to someone out there). Mayhem 2020 has an impressive 48 maps, and Hadephobia and Whispers of Satan both have 35.

2 hours ago, OpenRift said:

3 deathmatch episodes?! Are the maps any good?

Can't vouch for the DM episodes, but episode 9 of H!Zone, Destiny's Children, is really good! It's basically the closet thing to Plutonia for Heretic, even down to the brutally efficient level design. Be warned that there's some ammo and resource starvation if you don't hunt for every secret, but if you can look past that, and don't mind using ravmap, it's a real blast. The other episodes vary in quality from meh to good, which isn't surprising given its an old WizardWorks production.

On topic, Whispers of Satan has 3 bonus maps that can be accessed in ZDoom, raising the total to 35 maps. Then there's the recently released Tenebrum for Heretic, which also has 35 levels.

Edited by Snarboo : added link; fixed a typo

Whispers of Satan = 36 maps overall.

Upcoming Zone 400 will be 33 maps.

Next Doom Odyssey hopefully 5 episodes, but if E5 is not done by release date it will just be an expansion for a future version.

2 hours ago, VanaheimRanger said:

I wish there were more of these.

Lets see..on my collection alone I have Wonderful Doom, DTWID+UDTWID, DTWID LE, Heroes, NEIS, Deathless, Death Tormention Trilogy, 2002 ADO,Doom: Damnation, Switcheroom and REKKR. You can also load up ConC.E.R.Ned with Draft Excluder to have 36 maps of Cannonball's maps, or load up Draft Excluder with his three Return to Hadron episodes.

2 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Lets see..on my collection alone I have Wonderful Doom, DTWID+UDTWID, DTWID LE, Heroes, NEIS, Deathless, Death Tormention Trilogy, 2002 ADO,Doom: Damnation, Switcheroom and REKKR. You can also load up ConC.E.R.Ned with Draft Excluder to have 36 maps of Cannonball's maps, or load up Draft Excluder with his three Return to Hadron episodes.

Need.  More.

lel

here comes another NoSp2 shill post from me :) although the extra maps are zandronum only. still counts!