Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ichor

Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom

4 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Hmm...you're not the first person to mention that cistern battle. I have looked at it in the past and I think I will tone it down a little. As for the darkness, it will brighten up after you find the part and put it back there.

Part? So that's what the odd panel was missing? Interesting.

Thought it needed to be lowered in order to reach whatever was behind it.

So cool an update, I thought you would enjoy it.

• Toned down the difficulty of the cistern battle a bit.
  • Fixed a monster spawning issue in the main hub map. Monsters were randomly spawning first before the delay, so sometimes you might see a monster appear immediately when you first start the map. Also increased the respawn delay some.
  • Fixed a couple of minor book text errors.
  • Removed a few instances of some annoying enemies that only appear in the last few maps.
  • Made jumping on the conveyors in the Forge easier.
  • Increased the scale of most DamNum fonts, as they seemed to be kind of small.
  • A certain enemy will now drop something when it dies.

Updated links in first post.

Bit late for me tho, there's no going back now haha.

More madness from today here. That arena fight was... quite something. I wonder how that looks like on higher difficulty settings, the hub is tough as-is, on the third skill no less lol.

I noticed the errors in book text formatting as well: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/942936801

What happens there is that the text extends past the edge of your screen, so it wraps around before the next line. What's your resolution anyway?

8 minutes ago, Ichor said:

What happens there is that the text extends past the edge of your screen, so it wraps around before the next line. What's your resolution anyway?

1080p.

It's curious insofar as only some books seemed to have it, but perhaps a lower scale fixes it (if it is affected by the scaling options, that is), didn't try that yet, wanted to have them readable first since last time the text was pretty small if I recall.

44 minutes ago, seed said:

1080p.

It's curious insofar as only some books seemed to have it, but perhaps a lower scale fixes it (if it is affected by the scaling options, that is), didn't try that yet, wanted to have them readable first since last time the text was pretty small if I recall.

It should be able to scale up and down.

Ok, after testing on that resolution (I use 1600x900 myself), I've seen how it wraps around. You must have the scaling set to 4, while I use 2. Setting it to 3 should work just fine.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, seed said:

The king is back in business indeed, there's lots of new additions this time around, I'm loving the new hub. But goodness the non-boss Fighter is pretty OP lol, did you really need to give him the Heretic claw of all things? Guy's a pretty crazy sniper with it sometimes.

I've been playing through it to find any other issues, and I finally got around to looking at the fighter. It does seem to be a bit strong (and even this was already toned down because if he had the same strength as the player's weapon, you would probably be dead in about 2-3 shots), so in the next update, I'll reduce the damage a bit more.

Alright, so after playtesting through it all again a few times, which took quite a while, I think I got rid of the bugs. There were still a couple of them (one of which went unnoticed for many years), but this update is more about getting the balance right. So anyway...

• Fixed a line not being marked impassable which should have been.
  • Reduced the enemy fighter's damage.
  • Fixed a minor timing issue with the final battle.
  • Adjusted the balance of a few maps in regards to a couple of enemies (removed some, moved others around, etc.).
  • Adjusted the damage of the quietus alt-fire (unpowered) and bloodscourge alt-fire (both powered and unpowered).
  • Removed most of the dynamic lights from the powered bloodscourge alt-fire to cut down on lag.

6 hours ago, Ichor said:
  • Removed most of the dynamic lights from the powered bloodscourge alt-fire to cut down on lag.

Speaking of which, Quietus suffers from the same issue, since it spawns so much blue fire, so a single alt-fire can lag the game pretty easily.

New day, new episode 🦊https://www.twitch.tv/videos/944141485

Links be links, since DW's embedding for Twitch videos remains unfixed. Dang, truly the new hub is a pretty big step up from the previous ones, loving how good it is, and fun, despite getting owned here and there, heh. I especially love what you did with the future sequence man, feels so good, dripping with atmosphere :3 . 

And also how much lore is in the mod now, wish I were that creative, but I really need to be in the right mindset to come up with anything story or character-related at all, and even then, not always the most original creations. Some weird names in places, got that in common, I can't come up with "normal"-sounding names either.

gfgddf.png

25 minutes ago, seed said:

And it's done, dang, didn't know I was rapidly approaching the end there - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/945309145

10/10, sets the bar pretty high, can't wait to see what else you cook with hub 4 in the future man 🦊.

Yeah, hub 3 turned out to be a lot more fun to make than I thought. I especially enjoyed making the Forge and Dungeons.

By the way, that powered up sword made short work of Korax, maybe just a bit too much.

5 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Yeah, hub 3 turned out to be a lot more fun to make than I thought. I especially enjoyed making the Forge and Dungeons.

By the way, that powered up sword made short work of Korax, maybe just a bit too much.

And it shows, it was fun to play too. Now Hexen is back to hibernation until a new wad shows up + the next hub.

I noticed that Quietus alt-fire deletes Korax almost immediately, but for that fight it was fine I'd say, since it's not the last time the player will meet him. None shall be removed from the board yet 🦊.

It's been a few days since I had to update:

• The DamNum color caused by ice damage was darkened some because it seemed to look too much like the default damage color of gray or white.
  • The Forge cannon targets should be a bit easier to see.
  • A couple of new monsters needed a bit of minor fixing, though I doubt anyone noticed any problems with them.
  • Added a section to a certain room, which should contain something nifty.
  • Fixed a couple of text typos.
  • The entrances to the Library and Citadel maps will now open automatically when you get close to them rather than by walking up and using them.

Updated link on first post.

A new update, this one focusing mostly on the Forge:

• Fixed the switch in the "power up" room (for lack of a better term) so that it can't be used more than once. Nothing broke if you did, but now you won't be hearing the switch sound again if you tried to use it more than once.
  • The bars in that same room will now reopen a little later on rather than by that switch.
  • The main Forge mechanism will now light up once it's activated so you can actually see what's going on.
  • Fixed a texture glitch in that area that I only noticed once I could see it
  • Adjusted the bloodscourge (powered up) to cut down on the lag

Here comes a new update with quite a few changes:

• Added 12 new maps. Most of them were old '90s Doom maps converted to Hexen.
  • All enemies now have three times their normal health and do three times the damage.
  • All weapons have now been combined into a single slot, which has been moved to the - key on the numpad.
  • Player can now only hold 5 of a certain item of a time.
  • It is now required for you to log into your bethesda.net account for this game to function.
  • All gargoyles have been replaced by other enemies, all from Tenebrum. The red ones are now the trixtress, the blue ones are the shadow succubus, and the green ones are the gray widow.
  • Replaced the devil with the hell wasp
  • Added lootboxes
  • All maps now have a thick fog that alternates between neon pink, lime, orange, and turquoise every few seconds.
  • Player's maximum health has been reduced to 30 and maximum mana for all types has been reduced to 50
  • Removed Herobrine
  • Carrying more than one total item will now slow down the player by 5% for each item that you have.
  • Removed all naturally occurring or dropped coins. The only way to get coins now is to purchase them online.
  • All music has been replaced by a random Japanese pop song.

Another update which fixes a couple of minor bugs:

• Reversed most of the changes in the previous update.
  • Fixed a problem with the Redeemer and a few monsters.
  • Changed the initial floor in the cistern to solid ice instead of thin ice to cut down on lag somewhat if you used a torch before using the switch there.
  • Fixed a bit of text in the normal sized hud.

A minor update this time, but I've been meaning to do this for a long time now, but I kept putting it off for more important things or forgetting it entirely.

• Rearranged a couple of rooms in the black market and opened that blocked passage, allowing quick access from the surface instead of going through a lot of the sewers to get there again.

Update time. This is a small one. Someone requested this, and it was probably needed anyway:

• There is now an option to scale the enemy health bars, which is located at the bottom of the main Options menu. However, since the ACS in the .pk3 was changed, it will clobber your saved games.

After a bit of testing, I discovered that the health bars were now interrupting certain texts, so I made a slight change to fix that. Also, there shouldn't be any lag anymore when using the powered up alt-fire of the serpent staff.

I just came across a game crashing bug by pure chance, mostly because the situation that caused it to crash doesn't come up very often. Fortunately, it was easy to fix.

A minor update, but kind of necessary.

• A bookshelf in the Grand Library should stand out more now.
  • Moved some lines around in a room in the Forge to prevent them from blocking the player from using the switches there if compat_useblocking is on.

I'm just trying to play it now, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn off the health bars on EVERY. SINGLE. ENEMY. Where is the option to turn that off?

Go to Options and turn on Full Options Menu if you haven't already, and at the very bottom there should be an option to turn it off.

I've been meaning to do this for a while.

• The teleporter before the Korax battle will now send you to another location rather than instantly killing you.

I have just played this in it's entirety. Since this game was first conceived of, what - 20 years ago? - I honestly thought that perhaps the passion would have died out, and all the good ideas would be over. Boy was I wrong! What this project is, just keeps improving throughout. The third hub is probably the best hub work! And I also think the Great Library (or is it Grand Library) might just be the best standalone level for Hexen. What amazes me, is that you still plan on making a fourth hub/world again? How have you not run out of ideas?

I think I prefer the entire weapon selection of the Cleric the best, especially with the modifications made to the existing weapons. There were some weapons (the reskinned and redesigned firemace) that I barely used, since now with all the extra weapons and alternate modes, there now seems to be an overabundance of weapons, that I almost find that there is too much to choose from. I also like the in-joke in the diaries about the defective version made for the Heretic.

I have three questions though:

1) In the underground black market, there are some items only purchasable with purple/pink coins. I didn't try gambling too much on the pigs et. al. but aside from that (if it even works), do we get coins for that in the game?

2) When I do the "all weapons" cheat (nra), it gives me a secondary 1st weapon, yet I never saw a secondary first weapon in the entire game. Has one been placed and I've missed it, or will that be a fourth world thing?

3) Could you consider lowering the health of the Ophidians slightly? They seem incredibly overpowered.

Aside from that, this game is great! I can't wait to see what else you have in store when the fourth episode is finally released. All the in game info though has me hyped up for the greatest boss battle of all time though - I hope it measures up to the wild imaginings inside my head!

1. There's a few places where you can get those coins.

Spoiler

You can get one from the slot machine.

You can get one at the end of the proving ground in the Citadel.

You can get one in Kraath. Just recently, I changed that one teleporter so that it goes back to an earlier part of the hub rather than instantly killing you, so you can go back and use it if you want.

2. There is a place near the end of the hub where you can get it. And if you miss it, it will show up again in hub 4.

Spoiler

It's in the museum section of Room 616.

3. They don't really have that much health, maybe slightly more than a slaughtaur (and don't reflect shots). They seem overpowered because they can do a lot of damage, but at this point in the game, you shouldn't have too much trouble dealing with them.

Another thing that I've been wanting to do...

• The Korax laser at the end of the fight will no longer be directly aimed at you from the start. It will begin off center and work its way to you in about a second. This should give you a better chance to react.

• Fixed the rare occurance where the Abomination wouldn't drop the required item when it dies.