Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netnomad312

A weird story (I'm bored, bear with me...)

I used to have a Doom site with a page with this story on it, but I took down the site a couple of years ago. Anyway, I'm bored out of my skull so I thought I'd tell you.

You know how most enemies can't hurt each other... or at least the projectile-weilding ones? Well that isn't quite true, or at least not when there's a barrel involved. This one time (I don't remember what wad I was playing now), I was in a room with two Mancubi, and a couple of barrels in the back. I passed them into a little alcove in the back, but one of them was shooting at me as I passed, and ended up hitting a barrel - which the other one was standing by.

After about ten seconds of seeing no Mancubi, I went back into the main room, where I saw that the second Mancubus had trapped the first one in a corner of the room - and was attacking it. I left them alone for a while and went out on to a little outdoor platform, where I found more enemies on other platforms... and when I came back in, there was the first one, apparently escaped from the corner. I killed it, and then I heard the other one growl...

Anyone else seen something like this?

One of the more recent ZDoom versions had a bug, that a monster would attack itself when it blew up a barrel and was in it's blast radius. That was funny :)

Due to some fuckup in Zdoom once all arch-viles became vulnerable to their own hellfire. Since it is a blast attack they will hurt themselves if they set it off too close to themselves.

Then they will begin to target themselves. Anyone else experienced this with Zdoom?

Little Faith said:

Due to some fuckup in Zdoom once all arch-viles became vulnerable to their own hellfire. Since it is a blast attack they will hurt themselves if they set it off too close to themselves.

Then they will begin to target themselves. Anyone else experienced this with Zdoom?

Yep, I always got it at least once every time I tried to beat the Suburbs Blue Key bit.