Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Catpho

DBP36: Aquatic Wonder

Oooh, this wad looks interesting and unique.. Cool theme!

Edit: That bubble effect is seriously well done

Edited by Doomkid

I'm going into deep waters, oh yes. You guys better have used Ocean Man or I'm gonna bust. :P

Oh nice, been waiting since last month for this and on God I'm gonna enjoy it

Thanks again for your work, DBP crew!

The wad crashes on Map 01 for me due to the music. ( runs with -nomusic ) 

Source port PrBoom 2.5.1.7

wait, it was DBP33 last time i checked! they did it again!

Alright so I tried to do something, it's not a gamebreaking thing but idk the statusbar was kinda bugging me off, so I made a widescreen version for my use

I tried it and it doesn't work in PrBoom+ for some reason, but it goes well on GlBoom+

Here it is, please if someone knows what I'm doing wrong and would like to help me further extend compatibility, do it, I'd like to see it!

dbp36_customsb.rar

Again, I'm not experienced or a master of editing wads and graphics, so please forgive me

Also this is the load order!

imagen.png.4845c079416cc47668a26c5f62dcec70.png

Here's an example

Spoiler

doom02.png.7bef6c7b0682a4a3654416f14d92bf55.png

I'm a sucker for the undersea theme, so this is right up my alley. Once again I'm amazed at how you all come up with these themes and maps on such a consistent basis.

1 hour ago, Bdubzzz said:

The wad crashes on Map 01 for me due to the music. ( runs with -nomusic ) 

Source port PrBoom 2.5.1.7

The MAP01 music (for UMAPINFO-supporting ports) is an XM module, maybe the port has an issue playing those? Works for me in dsda-doom v0.19.3 FWIW.

8 minutes ago, RemoveUwU said:

Alright so I tried to do something, it's not a gamebreaking thing but idk the statusbar was kinda bugging me off, so I made a widescreen version for my use

I tried it and it doesn't work in PrBoom+ for some reason, but it goes well on GlBoom+

Neat! This works in the latest dev versions of PrBoom+ and dsda-doom v0.19.3 even if you use the software renderer; older versions lack support for widescreen assets.

Edited by Shepardus

God that looks gorgeous. Love the blues. I seriously have no idea how you guys keep pumping out these every month and every month I'm like "that looks awesome and I need to play it now".

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Oooh, this wad looks interesting and unique.. Cool theme!

Edit: That bubble effect is seriously well done

Kinda like an updated UNDERSEA.WAD. I'll be kinda disappointed if it doesn't also include a Maniac MIDI :-)

What a nice relaxing wad, the Marswar music was a nice touch.

The standout map was Mariana Trench, I loved the opening shot, but you can cheese the fight in the long hall by hiding in the starting room and bottlenecking the monsters.

Also this is a bit of an out there question but why do people hate Joe-Iliya? I've seen a lot of shitting on him on forums and especially on @Tarnsman's streams (could be an inside joke, but I don't know)

Always a good day when the Doomer Boards unleashes a new project, and I'm a sucker for water levels so this set will be a must play!

7 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

Also this is a bit of an out there question but why do people hate Joe-Iliya? I've seen a lot of shitting on him on forums and especially on @Tarnsman's streams (could be an inside joke, but I don't know)

First, how dare you say that I hate Joe. Joe Ilya has done nothing wrong.

Second, he has done a bunch of stuff in community projects that rubbed people the wrong way, most recently getting himself re-banned for creating a map to replace an existing map in a community project because he said it was bad.

But I will always appreciate Joe as a legend within the community, even if I don't always enjoy his output.

I'm just popping in to report that Gzdoom 4.5.0 produces this error during startup:

Script error, "dbp36_rc1.wad:ZMAPINFO" line 46:
Unknown property 'InterText' found in map definition

@Tarnsman Thanks for the clarification. I remember seeing that particular meltdown in the UDINO thread, but I don't see why that was a bannable offense, sure he seemed to be incredibly stubborn but why not just ignore him at that point? If anything it was interesting to watch.

22 hours ago, Rince-wind said:

@Tarnsman Thanks for the clarification. I remember seeing that particular meltdown in the UDINO thread, but I don't see why that was a bannable offense, sure he seemed to be incredibly stubborn but why not just ignore him at that point? If anything it was interesting to watch.

He has a very long history of being a petulant manchild and people got tired of tolerating his behavior.

joe-ilya updated the wad to RC2. Changes:

-Added the ZDoom bubbles
-Added extra EDGE support
-Added mapinfo for Eternity so it can play the module tracks
-Player starts added for the non-40oz maps

MAP01 : Fixed the trigger skip.
MAP03 : Fixed the bleeding ship's shadow, and the out of bound jumps that are possible without infinite height.
MAP06 : Uses a converted .mod to .mid for the primitive source ports. Fixed the water illusio-pits, and a bleeding sector.
MAP07 : Fixed various bleeding sectors and floating things. Removed an out-of-bounds enemy.