Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Reznor The Playboy

The April 2003 issue of Playboy has a small interview with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, talking about his work on the music of Doom 3. The following was transcribed by Dandamar, and can be found on page 34 of the original magazine:

Doom III finds Nine Inch Nails' front man and Id Software's John Carmack paired up to create what could be the most anticipated video game in history. Just don't hold your breath - according to Id Software, the game's official release date is "when it's done." We tracked down Reznor to ask, "Are we there yet?"

Playboy: How is work on Doom III doing?
Reznor: It's difficult. Albums and movies move from point A to point B. Video games are harder because the player changes the pace. We end up spending many hours testing how the music sounds in each of the environments.

Playboy: What do you think of the game so far?
Reznor: Doom III is complex and different. It has narrative, which has never been much of a consideration or strength for Id. John wanted to slow the pace and increase the immersion. I was enthused that it wasn't all action and explosions like some Schwarzenegger movie. It's creepy and filled with tension and dread.

Playboy: What games have you played lately?
Reznor: I really like Ghost Recon and the other online console stuff. And Metroid Prime stole a week of my life.

Apparently, the magazine also includes a couple of nice pictures, to complement the other nice pictures that Playboy is known for.

This is when you know internet gamers are killing their stand business by distributing across the internet.

tits, and doom.
now that makes me wanna yell out " THANK YOU GOD "

i think trent reznor will do a good job for some reason i like his game tracks better than his tracks that he plays live for others..good thing they push doom3 back some we all dont want doom3 to turn out like unreal2 the awakening that would suck...

kristus said:

ZOMBIE PRON

I don't even want to know what it would look like when 2 zombies would have sex.

Disorder said:

I don't even want to know what it would look like when 2 zombies would have sex.

I smell a new fanfic coming...and it is called "Zombie Encounter".

Disorder said:

Heh, bad idea.

Oh, hell. It's not my bad idea, but I bet someone's going to try another sexfic sooner or later.

we all dont want doom3 to turn out like unreal2 the awakening that would suck...

Am I the only person who liked unreal 2? Come on people, It wasn't that bad! It was much better in my opinion, than the first unreal.

Hey....I have my old title back.......strange. Ah well, it's better than what it was before.