Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

The Age of Hell: FPS game for GZDoom - DEMO OUT

2 hours ago, Insane_Gazebo said:

I'm still slowly working away at my giant map and losing my sanity in the process.

No worries. We all will lose sanity, when we see this alive.

10 hours ago, Insane_Gazebo said:

I'm still slowly working away at my giant map and losing my sanity in the process.

Could even say you are going to become an Insane Gazebo!

Fine, I'll throw myself into a real-life replica of Sunder MAP19.

11 hours ago, Insane_Gazebo said:

If that latest screenshot is an example of you going insane then we don't want you sane for the forseeable future.  

3 hours ago, Jacek Bourne said:

When will episode 1 be released, or when are you hoping to release it. Unless of course, you don’t have release dates yet?

Volume 1 (first 2 episodes) is planned for release next year. I'll have a better idea of exactly when in the next 6 months. The main hold up over the last year or so was getting a lot of the assets finished but that's in a much better spot now so we can make a real good tilt at smashing out maps this year.

A wild finished layout appears! Initial rough playtesting run done on The Foreboding Impasse. Time to inflict it on poor unsuspecting testers >:D

A1M2_edit_area_at_2021.03.07_10-35-12.06

10 hours ago, Gideon020 said:

Jesus christ preserve me...

I definitely need a new laptop...

So you're saying this won't run on my 486? O_o

10 hours ago, Korozive said:

So you're saying this won't run on my 486? O_o

It if does, it's probably better than this potato I'm using.

58 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Actual gameplay?? Illegal

Can't wait for this, amazing work

Edited by Euphoricape

2 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Actual gameplay?? Illegal

When will we be able to get our hands on this 19.99€ DLC?

Out of curiosity, are all the monster and weapons in the mapset essentially high-quality reskins of their vanilla counterparts or will there be significant differences gameplay wise?

A quick look at the gameplay video above would answer that with a resounding "yes".

It is yes, but it is to be noted that BridgeBurner puts alot of effort into the difficulty settings, so UV is perfect for those really into slaughter fights and HNTR is spot on for the more causal doomer. 

7 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

This looks amazing so far, but the fps looks a little choppy. Will it be like this in the final version or the demo for that matter?

On 4/3/2021 at 1:57 AM, Rudolph said:

Out of curiosity, are all the monster and weapons in the mapset essentially high-quality reskins of their vanilla counterparts or will there be significant differences gameplay wise?

A little of both. Some enemies are pretty close to the classics (Cacovore and Bone Reaver are similar to the Cacodemon and Revenant) and some are quite different. The Hellknight replacement is a 4 armed Wendigo that has a volley attack and the Balor (Baron replacement) does a lot more damage and has an aoe splash attack.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:25 AM, Korozive said:

Not sure if this was asked already in this thread but is this gonna be slaughter? 

There will be a fair amount of slaughter but the idea is to have a variety of play styles through out the wad. The top difficulties will be hard. Bastion of Chaos is a good bench mark for what to expect as it is now in Age of Hell. But as Lib said there will be a lot of work put into difficulty balancing so as many people as possible can enjoy it. The goal is to make the lower difficulties feel like a massive power trip and not punish the player too much for mistakes.

On 4/3/2021 at 5:28 AM, danidf96 said:

This looks amazing so far, but the fps looks a little choppy. Will it be like this in the final version or the demo for that matter? 

The large open area shown in the thumbnail needs a little bit of optimisation but this map runs smooth (on my machine at least). I used a shitty free app to splice the video which would have made affected the quality.

I'm seriously thinking about making a low spec version for AoH like I did for Bastion. I'm not committing to it yet but if there is enough demand for it I do want to do that. It'll be done once an episode is fully bug free because editing to full sets will be a chore and a half.

The more I look at the trailer the more I like it. It has more energy than what I've seen in any iteration of Doom. I think blurry particle effects clash a bit with neatly pixelated sprites. I have concerns about performance. It would be good if being able to play Doom Eternal smoothly allowed you to play Age Of Hell without hickups, but it's gzdoom, and I remember the slideshow that happens on big maps in this source port. 

Not sure sure how I miss the Discord notification and just finding out from Doomworld forums -_-;

11 hours ago, R4E_ said:

i wanna play it,but my  laptop says no

And to think I started playing DOOM on my 486. lol

9 hours ago, game said:

The more I look at the trailer the more I like it. It has more energy than what I've seen in any iteration of Doom. I think blurry particle effects clash a bit with neatly pixelated sprites. I have concerns about performance. It would be good if being able to play Doom Eternal smoothly allowed you to play Age Of Hell without hickups, but it's gzdoom, and I remember the slideshow that happens on big maps in this source port. 

Bastion of Chaos is pretty much a benchmark for Age of Hell (especially because it's now a part of AoH). If you can run Bastion, you'll be able to run AoH. 

AoH will also have as many options as we can put in to help with performance. Gib counts will be a big one that we will make available to the player to lower (like Supercharge), but we will see what other clever stuff we can come up with to help make it accessible. And like I've previously said, I will give serious thought to making a full low spec version of AoH.

7 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

I will give serious thought to making a full low spec version of AoH.

A true man of the people. 

/salute