Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1Destro3456

An "invisible sculpture" was sold at 18,300$

10 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

Send me a trillion dollars and the location is yours...

Or you can pay me handsomely and I'll name an obscure star after you.

6 hours ago, ReX said:

Or you can pay me handsomely and I'll name an obscure star after you.

Haha, do they still do that thing where you can buy a star or name them or some foolishness.

I know it’s kind of dumb but in this case the point being made is probably about the intangibility of things like NFTs and other things where you get a certificate and an idea of something. Who knows if anyone actually paid that much versus a friend funneling a loaned $18k back to the artist at auction just to get the art talked about. I think these kinds of things are more likely trolling the exasperated public and making some sort of point in doing so, then that a rich person was fooled into spending $18k. There’s either some nefarious laundering thing going on or a point being made, but no one is being tricked or so pretentious as to actually think buying nothing makes some kind of high-minded sense. It’s the entirety of the absurd ordeal that is the art, not just the “invisible statue”.

Welcome to Black Cat Scams Plc

You can download your new virtual NFT statue that you bought for £1,048,576 at the following location:

file:///dev/null

Have fun :p

Isn't the high-end market of modern art just a big money-laundering/tax dodging/other scheme? It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

The modern art scene is notorious for being a money laundering front, and this is just another example of that.

7 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

I know it’s kind of dumb but in this case the point being made is probably about the intangibility of things like NFTs and other things where you get a certificate and an idea of something. Who knows if anyone actually paid that much versus a friend funneling a loaned $18k back to the artist at auction just to get the art talked about. I think these kinds of things are more likely trolling the exasperated public and making some sort of point in doing so, then that a rich person was fooled into spending $18k. There’s either some nefarious laundering thing going on or a point being made, but no one is being tricked or so pretentious as to actually think buying nothing makes some kind of high-minded sense. It’s the entirety of the absurd ordeal that is the art, not just the “invisible statue”.

Again, I can see this happening, after all, I kinda like artist like Piero Manzoni, while I don't like the art itself, also, I believe bot that he's trolling us while making a point, and money laundering to some degree, both seem likely, but I also kinda think that his a bit delusional with how he talks about it, however, I'm not sure which one is true, all I know is that the rich person that bought it is a fool if it's not money laundering

There are some real hard working and skilled scammers who invest much of their lives perfecting their art.

Then this pretentious bastard comes along and just makes 18k out of nothing. Soiling the good reputation of true scam artists.

"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

It's unlikely to me that this sale has anything to do with art. I would guess it's some tax evasion scheme, money laundering scheme, or possibly even a blackmail payment. The thing about art purchases is that they can avoid certain taxes, depending on where you live.