Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coraline

Duke Nukem stuff

Hehehe.

I need to know about some Duke stuff.

First off, the EARLY beta of Duke3d had a very unstable engine. WAs it the same engine ROTT was based on?

Second, Duke Nukem3d featured the DOOM marine. Did 3drealms have to buy a license to use the DOom guy?

Third, Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project is a neat idea, but is there any modifying things to do with it (level editors, etc)?

Fourth, anyone heard of BLOOD? Cool game. Just started playing it (based on Duke Nukem's BUILD engine).

Fifth, anyone know of where I can obtain the early screenshots of Shadow Warrior and Quake I?

Sixth, there was a mod for Doom II awhile back for Dehacked, called Duke2Doom, featured worst things in the world but I want to know where I could obtain it.

Seventh, has anyone played the Doom2Duke TC? It was very awesome. Available on my site shortly.

Some more random duke stuff will be posted randomly.

i kinda like Duke3D, so i'll do my best... hehe

01 i donno
02 no, i dont think they did, i mean how can id get mad cos thay put a guy in green and said "that's one doomed space marine"
03 yeah i guess it is.. but i cant help you there
04 YES!! i bought it off of E-bay and been playing the demo a bit
05 nope
06 Duke2Doom? i think i saw it somewhere a long time ago, never tryed it tho and dont have it
07 Doom2Duke TC? sounds cool, when i get Win98 installed i'll have to d/l that! :)
08 ok, random is nice
09 wait you didnt have a 9th Q... well nevermind
10.... see ya

First off, the EARLY beta of Duke3d had a very unstable engine. WAs it the same engine ROTT was based on?
No. ROTT used a modified Wolf3d engine (!!)

Second, Duke Nukem3d featured the DOOM marine. Did 3drealms have to buy a license to use the DOom guy?
No, it's just a small easter egg, and a joking reference. I'd imagine 3dr gave id a friendly fax, asking, but nothing more.

Third, Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project is a neat idea, but is there any modifying things to do with it (level editors, etc)?
It comes with an editor.

Fourth, anyone heard of BLOOD? Cool game. Just started playing it (based on Duke Nukem's BUILD engine).
Practically everyone. Pretty cool game, eh?

Fifth, anyone know of where I can obtain the early screenshots of Shadow Warrior and Quake I?
Google.com is your friend.

Sixth, there was a mod for Doom II awhile back for Dehacked, called Duke2Doom, featured worst things in the world but I want to know where I could obtain it.
You mean that conversion of E1L1? Check the idgames ftp.

Seventh, has anyone played the Doom2Duke TC? It was very awesome. Available on my site shortly.Which one, the one with the voice-over? Yeah, it was average.

The early beta of Duke3D (later on released as LameDuke) ran on an early version of the Build engine. The Build engine was written by Kenn Silverman and he was improving the engine while a dev team was working on Duke3D.

Tyockell said:

I play blood quite a bit are there any level editors and such for it??

Uh...

Chu said:

"Hmmm, That's one DooMed space marine!" LOL

Well, I'm sure 3D Realms got permission from id Software to use the Doom guy (I personally call him Flynn Taggart, which I found out from the Eternity site, NOT from the DooM books; I have never read the books before) as an inspiration of the Doom guy.

The Doom guy has no official name. Any references to Flynn Taggart are based on the Doom novels. This topic has been beaten to death.

DUE TO MY STUNNING IDIOCY, THE EDITING OF THIS POST GIVE A PERFECTLY GOOD REASON WHY I AM ON A DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION.

There was an even less stable version of Duke3D?

Oh well, still one of the better FPS despite occasionally getting stuck in a wall.

Duke Nukem....? I have not played that game in years... I actulally forgot how most of the levels went. This means I think its time I give it another run through...
Oh, and yes I have heard of and even have Blood. That game is alright, but nothing great.

Duke Nukem also had two 2d sidescrolling games which had awesome music by bobby prince (doom music)

some of it was also mettalica rip offs

Chu said:

anyone heard of BLOOD? Cool game. Just started playing it (based on Duke Nukem's BUILD engine).
anyone know of where I can obtain the early screenshots of Shadow Warrior and Quake I?

Blood is one of my fave games.

You will know of they are eary shots of sw
cuz the ninjas arnt reptiles the are ninjas.Look on the duke3d cd I thoght I seen some in the goodies section. It was a preview of the game.

spank said:

Duke Nukum (heh) had no music.

Hey thats right. I forgot it didn't. The second one on the other hand, had some cool music. Or at least thats what I thought when it first came out.

BlueSonnet said:

Doomguy is a perfect name for our hero. Nuff said.

I'd like to find out what id says to that...if they ever thought of a name for him or if they would, what would it be?

Postal 2's player is called 'the Postal dude'.
I guess it hurts your brain to be original once in a while.

Hm. Well, all he does is run around killing stuff. He doesn't need a name. It might do some character development. :P

/me chokes on the irony of this statement