Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Half Moon" Official Release! 64 Community Speed Maps! (Now on idgames!)

37 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

if i keep the rules to having vanilla textures only, then I could compile it myself no problem. As it stands right now, I'm going to take a break from projects to focus on the show. But in a few weeks I will be starting it up.

I'm expecting some 2-3 weeks before starting the new projects cuz i think people need to take more energy/creative for the next maps, it shouldn't be like "map for the sake of mapping" y'know.

Congrats on the release. :D Looking forward to the inevitable 200 demos or whatever that will be done for this once it's officially on idgames. :P

Spoiler

Sorry for making D2ALLs of both parts basically impossible. :^)

20 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Congrats on the release. :D Looking forward to the inevitable 200 demos or whatever that will be done for this once it's officially on idgames. :P

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry for making D2ALLs of both parts basically impossible. :^)

Demo pack incoming?

I recorded a first part, I am uploading it now though it will probably take until tomorrow. 

I can say that the few maps I've played are so good, and some got most of all that they could of the 30 minute limit. Love the speedmaps megawad ideas you're doing @Dubbag. Really interesting what some mappers can do in such a short time limit both 10 minutes and 30 minutes .

Edited by 1Destro3456

On 5/3/2021 at 1:43 AM, KubaloBlackMT said:

Very good, I can conclude so-far from my first playthrough of part 2 that my map is still the worst one lol. 

Don’t say that man! You made a map for Half Moon which is automatically better then not making a map at all. :)

On 5/2/2021 at 11:43 AM, KubaloBlackMT said:

Very good, I can conclude so-far from my first playthrough of part 2 that my map is still the worst one lol.

Don't think so, it's a map made in 30 minutes, don't expect a Mucus Flow quality map because you're going to disappoint yourself 

Part 2 of my playthrough interesting stuff here, for being made in 30 minutes (featuring a Pac man inspired level, I still can't believe it was made, surprised by it, I want to play it with IDDT and only looking at the map now) 

Edited by 1Destro3456

So Half Moon was rejected from Idgames on the basis of containing unmodified id resources...

On 5/7/2021 at 6:03 AM, 1Destro3456 said:

Part 1 of my playthrough (played on DSDA-Doom 0.18.0)

DUDE awesome thank you!

18 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

So Half Moon was rejected from Idgames on the basis of containing unmodified id resources...

That's sad, and weird, what are those resources it says?

Just now, 1Destro3456 said:

That's sad, and weird, what are those resources it says?

it doesnt

2 minutes ago, 1Destro3456 said:

Huh, never used idgames so I don't know if that's weirder or its normal

its normal. they dont email you either if you get rejected, you have to check the "Reject" list yourself to see why. Most likley it means some one used Doom 1 textures.

8 hours ago, Reelvonic said:

so yall mind if i make a thread for speed demos, or do one of you wanna do it, ima sleep rn, so check i'll check back in the morning

yeah go for it !

9 hours ago, Reelvonic said:

so yall mind if i make a thread for speed demos, or do one of you wanna do it, ima sleep rn, so check i'll check back in the morning

If it's not yet accepted on idgames, it might be best to wait until that happens to make a speed demos thread.

21 hours ago, Dubbag said:

Are unmodified id resources things like textures from the original Iwad?

If so then the problem might be that there is a flat named FLOOR1_1 in the part 1 wad, which is just an unmodified flat from doom 2 with the same name.

I'm clueless about texture editing so I'm probably wrong about this.

Gonna have to stop uploading videos, because it started creating internet problems, unless I found a way to minimize file sizes or used my celular data.

@Reelvonic did you ever get around to uploading those files again? I would love to get this on idgames

"Full Moon" a one hour 32 map only speedmap project shall commence on the 10th of June. It will be ran by me and @Engired. It will be vanilla textures only that way there will be NO problems in compilation of the WAD.

1505194236_F23V.jpg.746953d8c02847e7000483a0ce20f448.jpg

Edited by Dubbag

all good I'll upload them when I get outta work thanks :)

On 5/24/2021 at 2:30 PM, Dubbag said:

"Full Moon" a one hour 32 map only speedmap project shall commence on the 10th of June. It will be ran by me and @Engired. It will be vanilla textures only that way there will be NO problems in compilation of the WAD.

1505194236_F23V.jpg.746953d8c02847e7000483a0ce20f448.jpg

Oh hell yeah, I am excite.

Question about Full Moon: Could we use Gothics Patched Up Textures? It's a texture pack that only uses vanilla Doom 2 patches and contains no new imported graphics. It's what I used in my Half Moon map Zin's Cathedral.

1 hour ago, Wavy said:

Question about Full Moon: Could we use Gothics Patched Up Textures? It's a texture pack that only uses vanilla Doom 2 patches and contains no new imported graphics. It's what I used in my Half Moon map Zin's Cathedral.

Great idea, there's this Fixed version that wasn't uploaded in the realm667 archives for some reason...

1 minute ago, Walter confetti said:

Great idea, there's this Fixed version that wasn't uploaded in the realm667 archives for some reason...

What's different about that fixed version?