Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Full Moon" a 1 Hour Speedmap Community Project and Finale of the "Time-Trilogy (Closed)"

Sorry it took me so long to get this started I got really bad food poisoning and just lost my job. Had to take a few days to get things straightened out but here we are now!

Just now, Dubbag said:

Sorry it took me so long to get this started I got really bad food poisoning and just lost my job. Had to take a few days to get things straightened out but here we are now!

dont sweat it dude. no one here is in a hurry. Sucks about your job and food poisoning.

Just now, Reelvonic said:

dont sweat it dude. no one here is in a hurry. Sucks about your job and food poisoning.

thanks man already got a new one BTW so it's no big deal.

2 minutes ago, 1Destro3456 said:

I'm going to make a map for this

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

Didn't read this, but damn, that's really rough, it's really great that you got a new one, but I can't imagine how it must feel. And food poisoning, damn. Thankfully it seems you're okay now, but those must be some really rough days

Just now, 1Destro3456 said:

And food poisoning, damn. Thankfully it seems you're okay now, but those must be some really rough days

yeah it was pretty shitty. No pun intended.

i really need to start mapping but as a total noob i dont think i should start here

i really liked half moon the gameplay was bit sized and it remind me a lot of scythe on how maps are short i think the maps are gonna be a little bigger now but i hope we see as much experimentation as half moon

not all maps were winners but its was a good wad overall

1 minute ago, omalefico32x said:

i really need to start mapping but as a total noob i dont think i should start here

i really liked half moon the gameplay was bit sized and it remind me a lot of scythe on how maps are short i think the maps are gonna be a little bigger now but i hope we see as much experimentation as half moon

not all maps were winners but its was a good wad overall

im glad you enjoyed it man. Half Moon is a WAD that either people love it or hate it lol.

my map had a few problems just fixed them and re-uploaded

27 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

im glad you enjoyed it man. Half Moon is a WAD that either people love it or hate it lol.

isnt that true to all community wads? i dunno i think people always should aproach them knowing that some maps are not going to be so good

Well that's on them. I think all sets have good and bad maps even the original.

Just so everyone knows this will be only one 32 map set. We arent doing that crazy 64 maps thing again. We worked it out but it was CRAZY lol.

Gigawads are insane lol. But it's kind of what made Half Moon so special. Those kind of WADs are rare.

4 minutes ago, Dubbag said:

Just so everyone knows this will be only one 32 map set. We arent doing that crazy 64 maps thing again. We worked it out but it was CRAZY lol.

i think 64 maps are way too much too especially since maps are going to be bigger now because of the 1 hour limit 32 maps are fine

Just now, omalefico32x said:

i think 64 maps are way too much too especially since maps are going to be bigger now because of the 1 hour limit 32 maps are fine

that's what im sayin lol

31 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

what slot can i take?

any one you want

1 minute ago, The BMFG said:

map05 sound good?

well actually your maps slot may change based on difficulty. same with every body else's so it's best to sign up before all 32 are taken

1 minute ago, Dubbag said:

well actually your maps slot may change based on difficulty. same with every body else's so it's best to sign up before all 32 are taken

aight gonna start making the map rn

question. so last time i spent a majority of my time texturing, which led to a fairly simplistic map. im unsure if you are supposed to actually time while texturing(like i did)

or if you dont have to time while texturing?

1 minute ago, Reelvonic said:

question. so last time i spent a majority of my time texturing, which led to a fairly simplistic map. im unsure if you are supposed to actually time while texturing(like i did)

or if you dont have to time while texturing?

Typically, any work on the map (from when you put down your first linedef to until the timer runs out) is part of the time.

3 minutes ago, Dunn (& Dunn) said:

Typically, any work on the map (from when you put down your first linedef to until the timer runs out) is part of the time.

yeah texturing is part of it

@Reelvonic however, if you are finished with the map and are play testing and find a missing texture, then fixing that doesn't count towards time.

Edited by Dubbag

Map Name: Murderer's Muse

Author: myolden

Music: "Necron's Arena" from Kings Field

Sky: SKY3

Format: Boom (Doom 2)

Difficulty Settings: No

Build Time: 1 hour 5 minutes

Comments: The extra 5 minutes was spent fixing a few small bugs and re-balancing the map, as I ran out of ammo on the first couple of playtests. Are difficulty settings a requirement? I could probably add them in 2 minutes tops. 

Murderer's Muse.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

mm-01.png.bf88b7f13b08f6e773b4948365e9ce69.pngmm-02.png.b5045549ba1aadcf7ca5a935df3e3192.pngmm-03.png.7d01338e50b227ecd65d1b131794340d.png

@myolden Now that's what I'm talking about. That map was just fuckin dirty! Love it great work and no , difficulties are not required.