Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greenhell

Stupid question

well... If your using vanilla doom/doom2 then for example you would type (doom2 -file *.wad) If your using a port then you type ("whatever port you are using" -file *.wad).
I can see you are really new to this, and im sure people are gonna call you a noob, but i am a nice guy and figure I can help you out.

When i'm playing zdoom i load a file by creating a shortcut of the zdoom.exe and add this sort of command in the target directory of the shortcut's properties (using icarus as an example)

c:\doom2\zdoom.exe -file icarus.wad

Then i double click the shortcut and then it should work.

You can do the same with most other ports too (eg. legacy). If possible try and get a launcher for the program.

[Start shameless Plug]

I use my nice, shiny, super easy and convenient Launcher for windows...ESL (see my sig)

[End shameless Plug]

Hey Lobo, I wonder when the day will come, you convert
your ESL to be a plug-in for KDX, so those special EDGE
features are covered by your stuff :P

I use Zdoom to play my wads. I like using the run command parameters, but it is pretty complicated. I recommed just going to http://zdoom.notgod.com and getting Zdoom and the Zdoom Launcher. This allows you to add wads as if you were using Doom95! It's easy to use so I recommend it.

The Experience said:

Hey Lobo, I wonder when the day will come, you convert
your ESL to be a plug-in for KDX, so those special EDGE
features are covered by your stuff :P

ROFLMAO

That's easy to arrange. Just code your KDX with a nice shiny button that says "ESL", and when you click it, it calls ESL.exe...

;)