• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koren

Demos for miscellaneous Ribbiks maps

Orange Is True Love

Map01 UV Max in 2:25.51

oi01m225.zip

I love this time and probably it's very good on my book. It's beyond my expectation TBH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Map01 UV Tyson in 4:01.31

oi01t401.zip

Not very lucky run, but basically it's the same as Max TBH. I'm not grinding for a 2:25 kind of good run for this.

Map02 UV Max in 1:56.14

oi02m156.zip

I'm hardcore spamming use at this point, so I guess the ultimate time depends on how fast did you shoot that switch.

@Grain of SaltIs there a chance there will be something like this in the future? I love that BFG <3

Title      : Magnolia
Map        : MAP02 - Prowling Fowl
Category   : NM 100S
Plays back in : DSDA Doom v0.18.0 & GLBoom+ v2.5.1.7 (-complevel 9)
Time       : 2:37.69

El Inferno's run was quite a surprise to us. But watching it back, it seemed like shorter times were undoubtedly possible. Perhaps even a 2:35?

Only 12 attempts after a couple practice runs. Room for improvement? Solving the math problem quicker and moving out of that arena faster without hitting the teleporter or getting smacked by projectiles. I see a 2:35 being possible in this case.

This is on the publicly-released HMP version of Magnolia. 
I haven't liked the WAD that much - a lot of obtuse progression and downtime that turns me away from it. I have yet to finish MAP03 on HNTR with saves, that and MAP01 are just magnum opuses relatively-speaking. This is the only fun and breezy map of the three.

Also, big thanks to @Lucky_Edie for showing me the strategy for the triple-turret encounter.

magn100s-237.zip

Magnolia Map03 HMP-max in 51:06 (I am aware this is quite slow, but I haven't seen any non-TAS maxes for this map, or really demos for Magnolia at all so I'll just throw this out here) 

mag3m5106.zip

Edited by KineticBeverage : slight inaccuracy fixed

19 minutes ago, KineticBeverage said:

(I am aware this is quite slow, but I haven't seen any non-TAS maxes for this map, or really demos for Magnolia at all so I'll just throw this out here)

That's because UV isn't implemented. It is just HNTR and HMP. 
The custom copies with UV are all different and desync demos. The people with the ability to UV-max them aren't willing to share their wad with the public in order to have the demo playback.

Congratulations on the HMP-max.

Edited by Lucky_Edie

Ah, thank you Edie. I suppose that was a rather obvious explanation in retrospect, considering I knew of the fact that the publicly released one has no real UV and that there are multiple UV version with different Map31s. Still, thanks, now I know.

Should I change the .txt file to say HMP-max instead of UV-max for the category, and the skill level to 3 instead of 4, despite the fact that I selected skill 4 in the command line to play the maps? 

58 minutes ago, KineticBeverage said:

Should I change the .txt file to say HMP-max instead of UV-max for the category, and the skill level to 3 instead of 4, despite the fact that I selected skill 4 in the command line to play the maps? 

No, the demo will still be read as "UV" by demo tools. If a UV copy ends up on DSDA it'll get its own category. 

Noticed Swim with the Whales didn't have a map31 pacifist run so here is a proof of concept run. Can be improved for sure, 4:54

Edited by Decay : removed old run

4 hours ago, David Asaad said:

Glad you enjoyed! 

great runs as usual