Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfredo

Bloodflow - A GZDOOM megawad project! EPISODE 2 RELEASE

I got caught up last night, finished all 14 maps. So far this wad has been nothing but knockouts. Each level is detailed, dense, and full of action. Sometimes that action was a little too rough, and my modus operandi was save scumming between each room, but these were some very crunchy maps. I'm thinking this'll go down as one of my favourite wads!

A new map is available for playtesting! Map15: Going Down!

See if you can find the secret exit! :3

A New Map is Available to playtest! Map32: ???! 

Warning: This map is a slaughter map.

Very cool! it is possible to play this megawad with "software renderer"?

Edited by Valboom

4 hours ago, Valboom said:

Very cool! it is possible to play this megawad with "software renderer"

Its technically possible to play the maps fully with "software renderer" . But. Certain sloped 3D floors will not render in "software Renderer" So you'll run into awkward spots where there are invisible platforms.

Examples:

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

Software Renderer won't render them for whatever reason.

18 hours ago, Alfredo said:

A new Map is Available to Playtest! Map 16 - Unto The Doomguy!

Always happy to see more maps from this set! I especially liked the blue key room, the starting fight, and the ending of this one. :-)

A few little thoughts/suggestions, for what they're worth:

Spoiler

(1) The lava isn't a pain sector, which I think is probably just a small oversight.

(2) I'm not sure if some or all of this was intended, but the big fight that happens after you press the blue switch felt a bit easy to cheese for a few reasons. First, given the amount of time and room you have to position yourself before the enemies teleport in, it's pretty easy to trivialize the archviles in the middle by running behind the pillar on the second level of the far east side of the arena, where you're more or less safe from everything and then can peekaboo rocket the archviles from there (plus when I went to this spot, it seemed to automatically get all the barons/revs in the blood to infight until the revs all died). Second, the cybers are too tall to fit under the rock walkways over the blood, making it easy to pop in and out behind the central rock and kill them with the plasma gun without them posing much of a threat. Like I said, though, I'm not sure if some of this was intentional.

(3) Some of the floors that raise out of or lower into the blood look a bit weird after they've moved, given their floor textures -- it might look better to switch the raise/lower actions to raise/lower and change texture actions. 

1 hour ago, Fiendish said:

Hide contents

(2) I'm not sure if some or all of this was intended, but the big fight that happens after you press the blue switch felt a bit easy to cheese for a few reasons. First, given the amount of time and room you have to position yourself before the enemies teleport in, it's pretty easy to trivialize the archviles in the middle by running behind the pillar on the second level of the far east side of the arena, where you're more or less safe from everything and then can peekaboo rocket the archviles from there (plus when I went to this spot, it seemed to automatically get all the barons/revs in the blood to infight until the revs all died). Second, the cybers are too tall to fit under the rock walkways over the blood, making it easy to pop in and out behind the central rock and kill them with the plasma gun without them posing much of a threat. Like I said, though, I'm not sure if some of this was intentional.

Could you screenshot where exactly you ran to and how you got there? The only thing I could think of is that you escaped from the fight somehow and got onto the upper floor.

Aside from that. Thanks for playing! Will fix the lava. Might leave the blood on the cover though. 

No problem -- thanks for making these fun maps! Here's a screenshot of the spot and how I got there:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210621_210104.jpg.2f45f5c46d9c821e677154dcb6540603.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20210621_204633.jpg.99776386061fd5e991af67fa36e1ceb5.jpg

In case it would be helpful to know, I also noticed that I get a P_STARTSCRIPT: UNKNOWN SCRIPT 0 message when I pick up the plasma gun. 

4 minutes ago, Fiendish said:

No problem -- thanks for making these fun maps! Here's a screenshot of the spot and how I got there:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20210621_210104.jpg.2f45f5c46d9c821e677154dcb6540603.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20210621_204633.jpg.99776386061fd5e991af67fa36e1ceb5.jpg

In case it would be helpful to know, I also noticed that I get a P_STARTSCRIPT: UNKNOWN SCRIPT 0 message when I pick up the plasma gun. 

Ahhh that explains it. I'll have to wall that off so you can't jump there. Its intended that the player is forced down into the blood to fight at ground level. Try the fight like that c:

As for the script error i have no idea. You seem to have beaten the map just fine. So I don't think it's impacting anything.

A new map is available for playtesting! Map17: Fleeting Mortality!

Note: This map has a gimmick. Anything not a hell texture will (or should) damage you. If you need context. Go beat Map16 and read the exit text :)

ps. Only UV is available atm. too tired for other difficulties.

A new map(s) is available for playtesting! Map18: Palace of the Damned!

A secret, alternate map was added along with Map18. It is accessed as an alternate ending for Map17. To access it. Go to Map16. Read the last line of the exit text. Then: 

Spoiler

Die in map17. 

Hope you enjoy this little twist!

Edit: Map18 was previously unwinnable due to a careless copy/paste at the last minute prior to uploading. Fixed now :)

Edited by Alfredo : bugfix. Map18 was unwinnable due to a last minute copy/paste i made

A new map is available for playtesting! Map19: Dude. Where's My Boat?!

Only one more map left in Episode 2~<3

Enjoy!

Worked my way through the first couple of maps and I'm already having a great time. Lots of good stuff in here! 

This is it. The last map of Episode 2.

Map20: Beef Barge. Is available for playtesting.

Following this, I will not be posting the new maps to DW until the Wad is 100% complete. If you'd like to keep up with the wad. You can find me at "The Hellforge" discord run by @Bridgeburner56.

Thank you all for your support so far. I'll see you when Episode 3 is done <3

-Alfredo