Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chaingun Nationalism

Dehmake Will not Work With Plutonia 2

I am trying to run Plutonia 2 with dehmake. From what I can tell, I have done everything properly. Pl2, it's deh, plutonia.wad, and all the other dehmake components. Dehmake is set under the auto exec, it gives the usual blurb of text, but whenever I type out the parameters, including pl2.exe, it always says, "illegal command". I have done the exact same thing with this deh as I have with all others, this seems to be the only one behaving this way? I want to stick to dos/vanilla doom. Anything I can try? Thank you.

parameter not functioning.png

doom2 code parameter that was typed.png

Since Plutonia 2 is just a mod, not an iwad/a separate game (thus not having an exe of its own) shouldn't you patch the original Plutonia instead?

Also, since the Dehacked only contains intermission, map name texts and does not provide any substantial gameplay changes, you could try making a compromise and run pure Plutonia, without any patches applied.

46 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Since Plutonia 2 is just a mod, not an iwad/a separate game (thus not having an exe of its own) shouldn't you patch the original Plutonia instead?

Also, since the Dehacked only contains intermission, map name texts and does not provide any substantial gameplay changes, you could try making a compromise and run pure Plutonia, without any patches applied.

I tried just running it like a normal wad. It technically worked, maps are there, thanks for that! However, the music doesn't work. It's a shame because pl2 has one of the better midis out there. When you said I should have patched the original Plutonia instead, what did you mean by this? Rather, how do I do it? Thanks again

11 minutes ago, Chaingun Nationalism said:

the music doesn't work. It's a shame because pl2 has one of the better midis out there.

You'll need to apply the Dehacked patch for that.

And I meant that you can try patching the original Plutonia.exe (using Dehmake), then run with the Plutonia 2 PWAD to get the full experience.

10 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

You'll need to apply the Dehacked patch for that.

And I meant that you can try patching the original Plutonia.exe (using Dehmake), then run with the Plutonia 2 PWAD to get the full experience.

Okay, I'm still a little fuzzy with this. But this is how I have auto exec set up for when plutonia is selected in the dos/gog menu. Do you notice anything missing? Is this what you meant by patching it since there is no plutonia.exe as you said?

pluto.png

Try using this version of dehacked (just replace the current Dehacked.exe) https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/117871-dehacked-30a-special-edition-with-support-for-both-final-doom-versions/

Also there should be no Plutonia.exe or TNT.exe - they’re still called Doom2.exe even for Final Doom.

That should do the trick, but If all that still doesn’t work, try renaming Plutonia.wad to just Doom2.wad for the sake of patching.

This should, one way or another, end up working. 

7 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Also there should be no Plutonia.exe or TNT.exe

Seems like a mistake on my part when I said plutonia.exe should have been patched. Glad to learn something new!