Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

are your files getting ripped off?

I came across something that concerned me today because I found a site direct linking to about a dozen tc's on my site. Well, naturally, this pissed me off. I won't mention the site here but I will give you a link to the pages so you can see if your files are in there. Amongst some of the downloads circumventing the original sites were batman doom - hosted here on doomworld and also Immoral conduct (again hosted here on doomworld) and some of the networks they were direct linking to with other files were sourceforge.net and gamers.org.
I figure if they want to host these files and the authors allow it that is one thing (not the case with Hellraiser tc which is only available on Doom Wad Station - which they had a direct dl link to) but to simply ignore the host site completely is just wrong.

Here's the link

By the way - the way in which I fixed the problem was to create an html file and include it in a zip with the name(s) of the files they were direct linking to, changed the original name of the file and its corresponding link so what they're users will get is a zip file with a single html file telling them to go to the page I have set up for the download.
:-)

None of my stuff is there. You should do some ting about your stuff being riped off. Ya know ya can dissabule the right click on you site.

No, I don't want to screw up regular users who did nothing wrong. I fixed the problem in my own way but thanks.

No wonder really, Doomzone was (and probably still is, can't be arsed to check) warezing DOOM II, so you can imagine about leeching other sites...

I know they were but they moved the link off the main page at least if they still have it at all. In the meantime - I think my solution should change something (I hope).
As*holes.

The Darkest Hour is listed on DooM Zone. It even has a "RECOMENDADO!" and a "muy bueno". I'll take it those are good things. Heh.

Ya - those are good things but I changed the file name and the link on my site - etc... and did what I said above basically.
It IS an excellent wad

Ya know ya can try to track those wed site owner, bilder exetra and Sue there ass for violateing a copyright law.
BTW im makeing a doom site and I want to know can I use your banner to link to you site to get wads.I give ya credit and crap like that
On the top of the site Im going to put all wads can be down loaded at
[your banner here].If I can use it email it to me demons_hand@mail.com

"Randoomloads"? So let me get this straight, they combined "doom" and "downloads" to get "doomloads", and then combined "random" and "doomloads" to get "randoomloads".

Jesus Christ.

Brad_tilf said:

the way in which I fixed the problem was to create ....

Very nice way of taking care of the problem.

Btw, in my previous post I was being somewhat flippant. I do disapprove of what DooM Zone is doing, and I do know enough Spanish to realize what 'recomendado' and 'muy bueno' mean. ;)

Buenos tardes, muchachos!

You know, I'm actually amazed that ID didn't come down on them about the full versions of Doom and Doom 2 they had on their site.
I've tried emailing them but they just ignore it which is why I took the action I did. I could have asked them to fix the links but since they are apparently a bunch of dicks I didn't bother this time.

Bob, just noticed the update in which you've mentioned the Planet127 by the Purge Team. You said "Here's another Starwars TC for Zdoom .... This version requires EDGE version 1.27" As it's for EDGE, you may want to delete the reference to ZDooM.

Also, feel free to use screenshots from my home page for your page.

Is that yours?
I wanted to contact the author but I was told by someone who has tried that he couldn't do it.
I was wondering if all those files were going to be combined.
I'll look at the page. Thanks.
Whats your addy again?

Never mind, I'm a dumbass. I forgot that I have the link to your? site there. I fixed the zdoom thing and changed it to Edge - thanks for pointing that out.

Brad_tilf said:

Is that yours?

If you're referring to Planet127, no it's not mine. I just noticed the typo when reading your page.

When I mentioned the screenshots I was talking about The Darkest Hour

Whats your addy again?

Piper at the Gates of DooM

EDIT: Didn't notice that you'd already got my site URL.

By the way - Rex, could you put a link to my site up in your links section? You might want to remove that doomcenter link while you're there.
I posted your link (I was thinking of the other site) and a screenie you had on your site.

Brad_tilf said:

By the way - Rex, could you put a link to my site up in your links section? You might want to remove that doomcenter link while you're there.

Done. And done.

Brad_tilf said:

I posted your link .... and a screenie you had on your site.

The link to the site is mistakenly the same link as to the zip file ;)

Demons Hand said:

None of my stuff is there. You should do some ting about your stuff being riped off. Ya know ya can dissabule the right click on you site.

That doesn't stop you from using View -> Source. But of course the HTML will stop at least a handful of retards in their tracks.

DarkWolf said:

That doesn't stop you from using View -> Source. But of course the HTML will stop at least a handful of retards in their tracks.

I know but jugeing form the site I think were dealing with retards.

Hay Brad, I sent ya a pm about a wad on your site didnt want to go off topic on this thread.