Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

Ozonia Boom Megawad - on /idgames!

On 12/19/2020 at 4:36 PM, SilverMiner said:

Does the red liquid hurt?

Yeah, but you will not need to pass through the big lava river =x

On 12/19/2020 at 6:52 PM, paradaimon said:

Nice to see a megawad with maps titled in portuguese! Can't wait to play when it's done.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, it's hard to find maps with titles in portuguese :D

So, today i finally tried this for the first time, and beat the first level (after much gnashing of teeth)! 

At first, the beginning of HNTR didn't seem that much different from UV videos i'd watched (all linked to from this thread), and i died many times with the first Revenants and Cacodemons, feeling just a bit overwhelmed...  But after maybe 5-6 practices i finally managed to kill them with good amount of health and ammo left.  After which it took a little while (maybe around 40 minutes haha) but i got through the level dying just 2-3 times.

And then for map02...on first try, i ran around (had also watched couple of videos of it on UV so i knew running around is a must) but managed to get killed by something just after getting the RL.  This isn't easy...but very rewarding,

In my opinion the set is simply gorgeous and the layouts are unique (in my rather limited experience at least - they're not similar to any of the levels i've played, and are even more intricate than in Moonblood - i guess Eviternity is closest).  Unlike many, i don't mind the repetitive tilings when it makes sense, to me the visual impact was very strong.

Great Work, Deadwing!

Edited by dei_eldren

Thanks a lot, @dei_eldren!

Sorry for taking such long time to answer! I'm glad you've enjoyed the first episode so far! The early maps are tough but after some tries you get used to the gameplay style. For the final wad, the early maps will be a bit easier to hopefully a lot easier to navigate :P (but still with the non-linearity).

The project is still in development, but things are going slower than expected >.<

A very WIP picture of the current E2 map I'm working on:

JrjAkBn.png

On 2/5/2021 at 11:51 PM, Deadwing said:

Thanks a lot, @dei_eldren!

Sorry for taking such long time to answer! I'm glad you've enjoyed the first episode so far! The early maps are tough but after some tries you get used to the gameplay style. For the final wad, the early maps will be a bit easier to hopefully a lot easier to navigate :P (but still with the non-linearity)

Yeah, in that sense a lot in common with Moonblood (to which i returned just a few days ago since i've finally got used to high-tier enemies), but of course the design now is much more intricate.  Really like the way you've progressed the layouts without sacrificing the vanilla style gameplay...Doom, with the exception of Si666il, never had levels like this, but gameplay still manages to maintain the same atmosphere. 

Quick update for the project:

- It's around 70% done.

- Episodes I and II are fairly done, with the following things remaining: Epilogue maps from both episodes, soundtrack and Iconography.

- As for episode III: 3 or 4 maps still need detailing, which should take a good amount of weeks to finish >.< 2 maps will also be done from scratch.

Hopefully by July (around) I'll have everything wrapped up, with only the soundtrack + testing remaining to do.

Ripping-off those floating stones from Ancient Aliens >.<

Holy shit, skillsaw was crazy in creating 256 repetitions of 2 equal textures lol

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.a478c1f551e737b20f6a3032a9eb00e2.gif

1 hour ago, painelemental667 said:

This looks interesting. I am waiting for this. I like plutonia. Enjoyed playing moonblood. It was something different.

Thanks a lot, painelemental!

The wad nears its completion, with 28 maps already ready, but there's still a lot of work to do, which will demand some good months before a public release. >.<

Edited by Deadwing

I've been watching this one for a while now, and I'm excited for it's release! It looks fantastic. I know some levels are already available, but I'm waiting for the whole thing to be out. 

Thanks a lot, guys!

Hopefully the final release will meet all your expectations >.<

MAP13: I was unable to get any of the teleport closet monsters to teleport in. For reference:
-Every sector tagged 23 is connected to linedef 77 (with action 38). Ten sectors seem to have this issue, with some of the closets connected to each other more or less. None of the teleport lines can be reached by these monsters after I crossed those two lines 2 and 77. The sectors in question are 291, 487, 488, 489, 490, 492, 493, 495, 499, and 501.

-Sectors tagged 37 open a door, but because the teleport line is below the two monsters in those respective closets (at a lower ledge), they never leave their closets. These sectors are 505 and 356 (also including 354 and 355 as they are the lower ledges these monsters cannot reach).

-Sectors tagged 2 (as well as one sector tagged 12), doesn't free two arachnotrons. Seems to be that the ceilings are too low. These sectors are 323, 292, and 293

I'll add more when I get to them. First episode seems to be free of any issues for me.

MAP18 - sector 349 flat looks wrong.

MAP19 - sector 188 is a random teleporter outside the map.

That's about it! I've got nothing else to really pinpoint bug-wise. Very fun megawad in general, definitely has classic vibes.