Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Multiple Tags

I'm just wondering, is there any way you could give a given sector or sectors more than one tag?

Using ZDooM one can assign tags to things that are spawned but are not present at the start of the map. But I don't think there's a way to reassign a sector tag. Yet.

No. It's probably not necessary though, but I don't know the specifics of what you want to do. But say for example you have three sectors and you want them all to lower 64 units after you an imp. Attach the imp to a Floor_LowerByValue special. Simple enough.

Now say you want to do that, but then when you kill a demon only the central of the three sectors will raise to its original position. So, tag the other two sectors x and the middle sector y. Now attach an ACS_Execute to the imp with a script that does Floor_LowerByValue(x, 16, 64); Floor_LowerByValue(y, 16, 64); And then for the demon attach a Floor_RaiseByValue(y, 16, 64) special to it. A bit more complex, yes, but it works.

Perhaps if you explain what it is you need to do someone can suggest an alternative.

I use multiple tags for sectors all the time. The sector can only have one tag, but you can perform a variety of functions on it such as raise, lower, lights etc. Just make sure that all your trip lines or switches use that tag.

One of my favorite tricks is very simple. Raise a lift out of the floor, then have it perform normally. You can use any combo you want.

Searcher said:

I use multiple tags for sectors all the time.

I believe what you mean to say is that you use multiple triggers for a given sector. You correctly pointed out in your post that "the sector can only have one tag, but you can perform a variety of functions on it..."

Cyb said:

Perhaps if you explain what it is you need to do someone can suggest an alternative.

Well, it's nothing really. Just random editing curiosity :)

It's rarely an issue. I have never come across a situation where this would be needed.