Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
continuum.mid

[Released] Ultimate MIDI Pack - A community music replacement for the original Doom

Just now, northivanastan said:

It's been available for download for a while, just now it's complete(-ish).

Thanks!

Yes, but I am famously unobservant. :)

On 6/22/2021 at 12:33 AM, lokbustam257 said:

Hey i have an updated version of DMAPINFO, though the par time for this one is messed up, i don't know if that's the Unity port problem or just the DMAPINFO is messed up. Let me know if the intermission is messed up too. 

(this one is for the whole game)

DMAPINFO_updated.zip

Hey, didn't check this until now! I will include your DMAPINFO in RCs, but unless a few people can test it and any issues can be fixed it will be removed in the final version.

Question: why is it necessary to do all of the maps? That isn't a problem for {E,U,Z}MAPINFO as far as I can tell

3 hours ago, northivanastan said:

why is it necessary to do all of the maps?

The DMAPINFO lump of RC2 will render the Doom Classic Unity port numb, so to speak, shortly after you choose a map to play.

Just now, Diabolución said:

The DMAPINFO lump of RC2 will render the Doom Classic Unity port numb, so to speak, shortly after you choose a map to play.

Ouch, that does make things rather hard.

4 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

The one updated above does work, though. I will post my report later.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

The progression of the third episode is broken: completing E3M7 will finish said episode up.

Green: to be added.

Red: to be removed.

map "E3M7" "Limbo"
{
    next = "E3M8"
    music = "D_E3M7"
    sky1 = "SKY3"
    par = 165
    episodenumber = 3
    mapnumber = 7
}

map "E3M8" "Dis"
{
    endsequence = "epend3"
    music = "D_E3M8"
    sky1 = "SKY3"
    par = 30
    episodenumber = 3
    mapnumber = 8
}

16 hours ago, Diabolución said:

The progression of the third episode is broken: completing E3M7 will finish said episode up.

Green: to be added.

Red: to be removed.

Thanks. It's fixed in my local version and I'll probably put up RC3 tomorrow, considering how gamebreaking the DMAPINFO issues in RC2 are.

On 6/26/2021 at 11:22 PM, Diabolución said:

I will go into explanations later, since I am in needing of my daily dose of caffeine.

All I could gather from these is that the par times seem to be in minutes rather than seconds. Not sure how to fix that

I did not want to double post...

Back to topic, in this port, par times are expressed as minutes, seconds, and centiseconds, I guess.

And well, I have just realised the DMAPINFO lump is wrongly overriding the par times of E1M8, E2M8, and E3M8 (in this port, they are 02:45, 02:15, and 01:45, respectively).

On 6/29/2021 at 7:24 AM, Diabolución said:

I did not want to double post...

Back to topic, in this port, par times are expressed as minutes, seconds, and centiseconds, I guess.

And well, I have just realised the DMAPINFO lump is wrongly overriding the par times of E1M8, E2M8, and E3M8 (in this port, they are 02:45, 02:15, and 01:45, respectively).

I'm guessing the "par" value in DMAPINFO is in seconds, they should be set properly in the next RC or release.

On 6/30/2021 at 2:50 AM, Bloo said:

All right I updated Stricken Commission and Happy Destruction. I think they sound a lot better now. Happy Destruction and Stricken Commission.zip

Those just may be my two favourite tracks in this pack, but I have to say I prefer both originals from listening and comparing them a few times just now. The updated version of Stricken Commission sounds like the keyboard mix is louder, overpowering the rhythm section at times, especially towards the end. Similarly, Happy Destruction in the updated version appears to have a more prominent lead guitar compared to the electronic and rhythm parts. I'm no musician but the originals sound perfect to me.

This should be the last RC for this pack before the release on either the 3rd or the 4th. Changelog:

• Added @Cammy's bonus track for E1M10. Now this XBOX/Maximum Doom bonus level has a soundtrack that it absolutely does not deserve in any capacity.
  • Fixed, or at least tried to fix, par times in DMAPINFO for E1M8, E2M8, and E3M8. Thanks @Diabolución for the report.
  • @Bloo has been working on updates to four of her contributions (E1M1, E1M4, E1M7, E4M9); however, I've determined that these updates are not ready, and as they are the old versions would be better for release. As such the updated versions are not included at the moment.

Please enjoy and give feedback: https://archive.org/download/ultimidi-rc4/ultimidi-rc4.zip

Edited by northivanastan

6 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Thanks @Diabolución for the report.

No problem!

14 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Added @Cammy's bonus track for E1M10.

Hell yes! I really love the tropical-style, for the lack of a better term, MIDIs of his.

23 minutes ago, NeilJohnRips said:

ahhhh so much stuff to do so little time. Hopefully this weekend :O

Unfortunately that is when the release is planned!

Reporting in turbo mode.

map "E1M7" "Computer Station"
{
    next = "E1M8"
    music = "D_E1M7"
    sky1 = "SKY1"
    par = 165
    par = 180
    episodenumber = 1
    mapnumber = 7
}

map "E1M8" "Phobos Anomaly"
{
    music = "D_E1M8"
    sky1 = "SKY1"
    par = 30
    par = 165
    episodenumber = 1
    mapnumber = 8
}

Yo, for those who want to check it out, I've uploaded my entries to the MIDI pack on YouTube:

13 hours ago, Diabolución said:

Reporting in turbo mode.

That one is most likely my mistake! Fear not for it will be fixed in the final release.

The DMAPINFO lumps of ultimidi-rc4.wad and uldupmid-rc4.wad are not in sync.

D_E1M10 is missing in ultimidi-rc4.wad.

D_INTROA is not a duplicate (but a variant of D_INTRO for OPL playback), hence uldupmid-rc4.wad should not feature it, in my personal opinion.

I'm just glad that Episode 3 has more original songs than the og and that Episode 4 doesn't reuse tracks from the previous maps

Good job

5 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

I'm just glad that Episode 3 has more original songs than the og

Defo. Glad I could contribute.

6 hours ago, Diabolución said:

The DMAPINFO lumps of ultimidi-rc4.wad and uldupmid-rc4.wad are not in sync.

I checked and the contents are the same, just some small formatting difference I think? In any case they should be identical for release.

D_E1M10 is missing in ultimidi-rc4.wad. 

I swore I added it, but it was indeed not there. Will be fixed.

D_INTROA is not a duplicate (but a variant of D_INTRO for OPL playback), hence uldupmid-rc4.wad should not feature it, in my personal opinion.

Now that I think of it, that makes sense, since you won't hear both in a playthrough anyway.

The way things are going 1.0 may not be the final release; still, I'm planning to send it to /idgames when it's done.

2 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

The way things are going 1.0 may not be the final release;

Aww who would have thought just doing midi's would have been so difficult :D

3 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

The way things are going 1.0 may not be the final release;

I feel like the fact of maintaining several variants of MAPINFO and both full / partial replacement variants is adding a layer of complexity.