Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

Liberosis (WIP)

Thanks for the kind words. Seeing as this is my first SP focused set (Bourgeois was primarily DM focused and then SP added after) any critiques of potential game play flaws or improvements is good. Particularly with the secondary skill settings!

Had a go at the demo, mate. It's about as nasty as I expected, but now it's also beautiful. I love the texture work :^) Combat is vicious, but fun and the progression has that fun, corkscrew charm I've quickly come to enjoy from you. I can't wait to see more!

Thanks for the vid, looks like the doom 2 game play seems pretty straight forward. I could probably add a bit more intensity into the latter half of the level and a bit more teeth to the end trap, but since this is supposed to be map02 anyway maybe not too much. I could maybe add another stim pack or medikit toward the end as well. I'm not sure yet but this is valuable feedback, thank you! Let me know if you try the other game modes/skill levels, they should be approximately equally difficult but completely different game play.

Looks neat... gotta say the choice to make difficulty settings wildly different seems a bit "risky" to me. Especially since you're making the easy modes slaughter-esque, the medium mode easy, and the hard mode medium. Wouldn't it make more sense to have UV be slaughter style? There's no difference between HNTR, HMP, and UV so why mess up the order there? Is it just because you want there to be an 'easy slaughter' mode with the double ammo and half damage?

23 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

Looks neat... gotta say the choice to make difficulty settings wildly different seems a bit "risky" to me. Especially since you're making the easy modes slaughter-esque, the medium mode easy, and the hard mode medium. Wouldn't it make more sense to have UV be slaughter style? There's no difference between HNTR, HMP, and UV so why mess up the order there? Is it just because you want there to be an 'easy slaughter' mode with the double ammo and half damage?

They should be all equally difficult, and I'm trying to cater to different play styles and offer up more than a single way to play the maps to get more mileage out of them. Doom 1 mode isn't really an easier mode, it should be difficult in it's own right. If it's too easy, I'm hoping to hear that so I can adjust it accordingly. Even nightmare should be manageable for this wad.

I would do a different mode/style of play per skill level if such a thing was offered for vanilla, but unfortunately you only get 3 skill levels for 5 options. I chose "slaughter-esque" for 0/1 so people could try it with the half damage/double ammo, then if they decide it's too easy they can up the difficulty a bit by choosing skill 1. As I said in the first post, I also don't really like slaughter/killing lots of demons, it is boring and tedious to me. I greatly prefer iwad style game play, and prefer more pacifist style play or UV-Speed style running. If people don't like the different modes and find UV/NM too hard, I don't know what to say because compared to things I've played recently this should be a cakewalk for people.

I'm super happy excited for this. The custom weapons, aesthetic, and the skill level thing - all cool as hell

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this! Neon DM had a great look, definitely pumped for more stuff in that aesthetic ballpark.

Big fan of colorful WADs.

Decay, at some point I'll be happy to adjust the difficulty screen to actually say the correct things rather than "I'm too young to die" etc. Drop me a line when you need that done/have decided on the titles of each setting.

Would it be possible to make a mod so you can use Bourgeois DM weapons in other WADs?

@Doomkid could probably oblige you. The current version of bourg weapons is palette changed to fit Liberosis' palette so not too useful.

@Doomkid @Decay hell yea the BourgDM guns make the chaingun and shotgun so much more useful. I'll definitely be using it for some co-op action 🤓 I just finished Bourgeois DM in single player and gotta say what a good time it was. I loved the intermission texts too

You should give the demo map posted here a try as well. It should feel very much like Bourg.

Did you enjoy the game play? Did you try the other game modes I outlined on the first post?

@Decay I didnt even think to try the difficulty settings! ill go back and give em a try and let you know. for UV map 01 I like that it's heated up quickly, kept me on my toes but casual enough for a starter