Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

21 hours ago, Harpax said:

Wow, you're right, it doesn't, sorry for reporting not bugs. I tested it out in a few other ports and different versions of vanilla heretic, and it seems the hud change is originally only for the god mode cheat.

It's funny that I also made this mistake until one day I said Invul gives you golden eyes on the HUD but it's actually not... I think we probably both thought of Doom's behavior about IDDQD & Invul.

Checking vanilla is better in a way. I think Crispy Doom (or maybe another port but I mis-remember something...) will light up the 3 in arms when you have SSG, which is not the case in vanilla.

I was looking through the autoload and dsda_doom_data directory structures. The data directory structure generates a folder for every pwad loaded. I'm loading three additional files for btsx 1 and 2.

explorer_2021-06-09_09-55-59.png.edc0cac07770d88358b35893b80e47f5.png

Would it be, or is it possible to create a directory in the root of autoload with the first pwad name, and drop any any additional patch wads into that?

Yes, the autoload feature supports pwad-specific files, so you can make a folder for any pwad as well. I think it's just the name of the wad in the root, as you described.

Updated to v0.19.7 (see original post for download)

Continuing with fixes and tweaks...

• Fixed heretic god mode eye color (cheat)
  • Fixed heretic intermission map name / graphics
  • Fixed text file export category detection
  • Fixed a crash in dehacked processing (rfomin)
  • Added save file deletion (pr+)

hi, loving DSDA Doom and have been migrating to it, thanks for all the good work.

lurking Vile's stream I've noticed that he's got the advanced stats readout active above the traditional HUD, what combination of buttons and settings achieves this? thanks

7 minutes ago, yakfak said:

hi, loving DSDA Doom and have been migrating to it, thanks for all the good work.

lurking Vile's stream I've noticed that he's got the advanced stats readout active above the traditional HUD, what combination of buttons and settings achieves this? thanks

Look for "Use extended HUD" in dsda-doom settings (last page of general settings).

Some minor suggestions (fixes?):

- "Show alive monsters" should use the same logic as kill counters/maxing rules. Specifically, show enemies revived by archviles

- Recording in strict mode should disable "after dying, press use to respawn". Or maybe just make it possible to disable it in general?

15 hours ago, djnr said:

- "Show alive monsters" should use the same logic as kill counters/maxing rules. Specifically, show enemies revived by archviles

If this is picked up, then perhaps add lost souls to that as well?

1 hour ago, VanaheimRanger said:

Lost Souls aren't required kills for max rules.

12 minutes ago, Daerik said:

Lost Souls aren't required kills for max rules.

Are revived monsters required?  I don't do speedruns so I don't know all the rules there.

5 minutes ago, VanaheimRanger said:

Are revived monsters required?  I don't do speedruns so I don't know all the rules there.

Yes, all revived monsters must be killed to qualify for a UV-Max run.

If you're ever unsure check out the rules on the front page of https://dsdarchive.com/intro :)

On 6/10/2021 at 12:36 PM, Ramon_Demestre said:

Win32 build:

DSDADoom-0.19.7-win32

image.png.d406ad678a7ac75edbb0703dd687d2c4.png

(text: "dsda-doom.exe - System Error: The code execution cannot proceed because intl.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.")

On dimanche 20 juin 2021 at 11:53 PM, VanaheimRanger said:

Lost souls lost their MF_COUNTKILL flag in v1.666, presumably due to the addition of pain elementals.  So they literally do not count.

Great stuff. I was wondering: is it possible to get 640x400 running in widescreen (like in Doom Retro for example)?

1 hour ago, Mike Stu said:

Great stuff. I was wondering: is it possible to get 640x400 running in widescreen (like in Doom Retro for example)?

Just set the resolution to 640x400, then change "Aspect Ratio" from Auto to 16:9

8 hours ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

Just set the resolution to 640x400, then change "Aspect Ratio" from Auto to 16:9

Nah, I tried that. Doing so only messes up the scaling as it is technically a 16:10 resolution (see below). Setting it up to 16:10 also produces a similar result, oddly enough.

Thanks for the reply anyway though.

Spoiler

DSDA 640x400 Auto:

1790553939_640x400Auto.png.64ab80e6c230a2259ed57d035baf43e9.png

DSDA 640x400 16:9:

1526142047_640x40016x9.png.f78773cfbc7ba8dfb0361ada0c049c32.png

DSDA 640x400 16:10:

380627298_640x40016x10.png.624e1bb7720f4bc6baca157458943903.png

Crispy Widescreen 640x400 "Match Screen" mode:

1863122288_640x400WidescreenCrispy.png.e2629dd869007428a8491fa26c11d540.png

Edited by Mike Stu : Added Crispy for reference.

Kind of a dumb hack, but you could set the resolution to something like 641x400. Do it through the config file, or a command-line parameter (e.g. -geom 641x400).

On 7/6/2021 at 9:12 PM, Shepardus said:

Kind of a dumb hack, but you could set the resolution to something like 641x400. Do it through the config file, or a command-line parameter (e.g. -geom 641x400).

Ha, I'm surprised I didn't think of this before, love it. Setting it to 710x400 did the trick in my monitor, thanks.

It's obviously not perfect (the HUD really gives it away), but eh, it will do for now. I'm guessing PrBoom+ in general just lacks proper widescreen implementation for these older resolutions, which is understandable.

Edit: Changed it to 856x480, looks just right. Not quite 640x400, but it's close enough and the scaling is correct, so I'm a happy man.

Spoiler

Crispy Widescreen 640x400 "Match Screen" mode:

1665293568_640x400WidescreenCrispy.png.f905684b2e1641f90d4ace90001fedb3.png

DSDA 710x400 Auto:

1614415672_DSDA710x400Auto.png.1918f5c57371c11eebcab4a97f190c9b.png

Edited by Mike Stu : Helping lost souls play at beautiful crap resolutions

24 minutes ago, Mike Stu said:

I'm guessing PrBoom+ in general just lacks proper widescreen implementation for these older resolutions, which is understandable.

The reason is that there's a bit of code where 320x200 and 640x400 are hardcoded to use 4:3 aspect ratio with non-square pixels, since these are the original resolutions the game ran at (Doom95 supported 640x400) and people wanted to play with these resolutions. Unfortunately, these happen to be a 16:10 ratio, which messes with people with 16:10 monitors who want to use these as widescreen resolutions. I myself have a 16:10 display and use 960x600 resolution with it.

I have updated the top post of the macOS thread for this source port.

An experimental version of the future Launcher is also available there, but only for Macs for now.

Edited by PBeGood4

Hello, I'm here to report an issue when compiling dsda-doom on Arch Linux.

The package creation tool (makepkg) uses the GCC flag -Werror=format-security which fails the compilation process:

/tmp/build/dsda-doom/src/dsda-doom-0.19.7/prboom2/src/dsda.c: In function ‘dsda_DisplayNotification’:
/tmp/build/dsda-doom/src/dsda-doom-0.19.7/prboom2/src/dsda.c:141:3: error: format not a string literal and no format arguments
[-Werror=format-security]
 141 |   doom_printf(msg);
     |   ^~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/dsda-doom.dir/build.make:118: src/CMakeFiles/dsda-doom.dir/dsda.c.o] Errore 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:187: src/CMakeFiles/dsda-doom.dir/all] Errore 2
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Errore 2

The culprit is in the dsda.c file, in line #141:

doom_printf(msg);

It should be changed to:

doom_printf("%s", msg);

to fix the compilation error

During fullscreen mode, switching between GL and 32bit will crash the sourceport. However in windowed mode, it's fine.

I have another copy particularly for viddump. That one seems fine with this... so I'm a bit confused about this.

Don't know whether somebody can try this to see whether it happens or not. Thanks.

I'm using 1920x1200 with 16:10 just in case it matters.

This also happens to me

Edit: Might be because of the only partial support of opengl for macos, but the game crashes when switching to open gl, fullscreen or not, starting on 8bit or 32bit. So I cant use opengl in any way. @JustANormie uses opengl fine iirc (he also has a mac).

Here is my config file

dsda-doom.cfg.zip

Edited by PBeGood4

Hello, I have a question: is there a "remember previous target" option available similar to prboom's? The thing is I've been recently setting up this port to see how it works for me, and so far this would be the only feature I can't find in the configuration. I personally like it when monsters shout their alert noise after infighting which in prb+ can be toggled on regardless of complevels.