Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

What are you listening to?

Last song I was listening to when I got out of the car.

Rhymin' & Stealin'.

I was bored one day and decided to browse through my Gamehouse folder in my computer which I forgot existed, found this game Zuma-esque tile matching game called Charm Tale. It's like a jigsaw game but with tiles moving in a specific path trying to reach the other side, it also has a nice soundtrack too.

"Star Queen (which has the worst chorus out of any song Enisferum’s ever released)" - Metal Archives review

On 6/18/2021 at 11:36 AM, The_Trve_Raith said:

Frankenchrist is unironically one of my favorite albums ever.

Frankenchrist is my favorite Dead Kennedys album, and I'm glad someone else agrees. Everyone I've known that like the Dead Kennedys seem to think it's their worst album, but it really showed that they could do more than 90 to 120 second songs. Some of the songs on that album are extremely haunting, such as "Soup is Good Food" and "Chicken Farm". Glad to see someone else liked it. Most people have just complained that the songs are too long. Oh well.

I'm still convinced "Chicken Farm" is one of, if not the most, depressing songs ever made.

And as far as the last song that was playing when I listened to one was "In the Flat Field" by Bauhaus when I got out of my vehicle this afternoon.

Edited by Jello

8 hours ago, Jello said:

Frankenchrist is my favorite Dead Kennedys album, and I'm glad someone else agrees. Everyone I've known that like the Dead Kennedys seem to think it's their worst album, but it really showed that they could do more than 90 to 120 second songs. Some of the songs on that album are extremely haunting, such as "Soup is Good Food" and "Chicken Farm". Glad to see someone else liked it. Most people have just complained that the songs are too long. Oh well.

I soooo fucking agree. I think alot of people dislike Frankenchrist cause it moved away from the whole "Hardcore" thing they did with Plastic Surgery Disasters, and towards more of a Surf Punk thing. But personally I really like the longer more haunting songs, and I think Stars and Stripes of Corruption is one of the greatest protest songs ever made.

8 hours ago, Jello said:

I'm still convinced "Chicken Farm" is one of, if not the most, depressing songs ever made.

That fucking solo after the first chorus makes my skin crawl every time I hear it.

15 hours ago, The_Trve_Raith said:

I soooo fucking agree. I think alot of people dislike Frankenchrist cause it moved away from the whole "Hardcore" thing they did with Plastic Surgery Disasters, and towards more of a Surf Punk thing. But personally I really like the longer more haunting songs, and I think Stars and Stripes of Corruption is one of the greatest protest songs ever made.

That fucking solo after the first chorus makes my skin crawl every time I hear it.

I agree. It sounds so much like the surf rock they were mocking, and they called attention to issues by being sarcastic assholes. Did it work? No. Apparently it didn't. But hearing songs about people trying to flee the Khmer Rouge, while children are being killed by unexploded cluster bombs from a war that wasn't (technically, thanks Kissinger) in their country, and then being told that they're not welcome in the Democracy that started the Vietnam War and the Cambodian Incursion is very disturbing. 

It would be funny if it was an act in a play. But it's real, there are still unexploded cluster bombs in Vietnam and Cambodia.

"Little brother died playing at the dump today
He found a new toy and held it up proud
Then it blew him to bits"

Children were getting killed by unexploded ordinance. Because the entire economy of Vietnam and Cambodia, and Laos to an extent, were destroyed by the war. They sent their children out to collect metal because it could be sold to someone who could melt it down, while the parents tried to rebuild their lives.

I'm going to change my response and say that "Chicken Farm" isn't one of the most depressing songs ever made, it is the most depressing song ever made.

The line:
"Sliced with a machete from the breast of my homeland. The new world tries to spit us out. But it sure beats the chicken farm" stays with with me. 

I'm not a perfect person by any means, but it keeps running in my head. Whenever I start judging a person, or having second doubts about someone, it rings in my head. I don't know someone's life, I don't know where they've been, and I don't deserve to judge them, and vice versa.

Edited by Jello