Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

The DWmegawad Club plays: Base Ganymede

Base-Ganymede.jpg

What is the DWmegawad Club?

This is a place where we settle down, have a cup of tea (or drink of your choice) and take a month to play through a megawad on our own, together! Any keen observations, criticisms, or frustrated ranting about it goes here in the discussion. As long as you want to say something about what you've played, feel free to speak your mind.

Can I join?

Sure. The only rule is that you have to play at least some of the levels in our monthly megawad to contribute, but you're generally encouraged to finish the whole thing, even if you've played it before.

What levels am I allowed to post about?

Whatever day of the month it is, is the upper limit for the map you can post on. So if it’s the 6th, you may discuss up to MAP06.

Do I have to post an entry every day?

Nope, not at all. This is only for our more enthusiastic members. As long as you play through it with us you’re part of the club.

When do we vote on the next month’s megawad?

Voting begins on the 25th of the current month. Remember to add one “+++” before your vote to make it easier to count. For example:

+++ Ultimate Doom

Note that you can only nominate up to three separate wads for a single month, and the wads must contain at least three maps each. The winning wad must receive at least four votes for a thread to be made. Ties will be decided by RNG.

----------

>>>DOWNLOAD BASE GANYMEDE HERE<<<

That’s no moon! That’s 2012's Base Ganymede: Complete by Khorus, three Ultimate Doom episodes of demon-killing, shotgun-swingin’, nukage trekkin’ fun! Go shoot stuff!

Maplist:

E1M1

E1M2

E1M3

E1M4

E1M5

E1M6

E1M7

E1M8

E1M9

E2M1

E2M2

E2M3

E2M4

E2M5

E2M6

E2M7

E2M8

E2M9

E3M1

E3M2

E3M3

E3M4

E3M5

E3M6

E3M7

E3M8

E3M9

(Yes, all the maps are untitled)

BONUS CONTENT

Base Ganymede

DSDA

kmxexii reviews

Lingyan203's playthrough

--------

OLD THREADS

Spoiler

The DWmegawad Club Metathread

Edited by dobu gabu maru

Are we just playing a map a day from the 1st to 27th, i.e. e1m9 would be on the 4th and e1m4 on the 5th?

I'd been curious about this particular mapset personally and it's been sitting on my To-Doom list for almost a year now, so when I saw some people brought it up as a nominee for last month and it only JUST lost to Bourgeois, I knew it'd be a good idea to jump on the bandwagon and help people push it for this week. I'm really interested to see how @Khorus met the challenges of Doom 1's limitations and how the episodes and maps evolve over time as his mapping skills increased and pushed the bounds of what one determined mapper can do with the constraints working in this format provides.

E1M1

UV | Continuous Play with Saves | GZDoom + Dead Marine

We're off to a humble start with a slightly unassuming little techbase that feels like we start in a sewer before proceeding onward to a more surface-level area. Once you reach your first outside-ish area, it becomes more clear that you're not on Earth, but in fact some kind of moonbase and ends with you venturing what feels further inside an underground emergency tunnel to investigate what happened... which is VERY appropriate. It's Doom 1, baby!

Edited by Biodegradable

i had been put off from wanting to play this Cacoward recipient by some convincing average reviews its got, but i think this Club is the best opportunity for me ever to see what my actual opinion will be.  i'll be playing HNTR having just been traumatized on HMP by TNT Revilution just to be safe, as i don't have a clear indication how modern the gameplay will be... and i'll at least hope to max everything on the first maps.  Will play on Crispy Doom.

E1M1 (HNTR, Continuous)K 96% (43/47), I 100% (10/10), S 100% (1/1), D 0 - The map is a small smartly designed techbase with an outside area and a small cave.  Very classical look, so i instantly liked this aspect.  The gameplay seems very classical for now, contrary to expectations, enemy roaster consisting of all the low-tiers.  The map begins in nukage area, and advances to a higher floor of the base, from which access is gained to the cave in which the exit is located.

The secret i got opened somehow, as i was going around looking for a switch, it had been opened out of the blue, though i didn't hear it.  (After checking, the secret was apparently opened by humping a wall, which is quite bizarre - evidently this mapper does not care for secrets.)  The secret itself, with only one Medikit, was a disappointment - i was fully expecting it somehow to lead me outside, too.  Another thing that irks me are the four missing enemies from my kill count, eventually i checked with iddt and found them outside the playing area, they likely were meant to teleport at some point but did not (edit: checked, this is a known bug.)  So as there were no secrets left, i just decided to let them rot there.  And one more irk for me is going against the Romero-rules of design (for no apparent purpose), and creating an inviting-looking outside area into which there is no (at least sensible) access!  So, whilst the map was nice to play, i seriously question some of the design-choices, whilst i also think there could have been a great opening map with this design with just few different decisions, and a few more meaningful and better designed secrets.  The whole campaign took a bit over 8 minutes, and i guess i would give this 3/5. 

PS: It'd be nice if the levels had names. :P

Edited by dei_eldren : more, Crispy

See, boys, this is where persistence gets you! D:)

I've played the first episode and the first few episodes of the second, so I know this to a point. I look forward to see much of the rest(even though this isn't really the most visually striking wad out there). Funny titlepic for this thread as all ways!

Playing pistol start on UV

E1M1

You start out in a sewage tunnel. Eventually, you'll end the map in a marble cave filled with slime. Is this some combination of waste disposal and mining operations? At any rate, these thematics persist for much of the episode so you better get used to it. You're set upon almost instantly by former humans. Speaking as someone who originally played this map keyboard only, this was quite a difficult map to play through. Still, this map teaches you a strategy that you're probably familiar with if you've played lots of modern classic Doom: Think quick and act fast. And with DtwId E1M1 playing, you're gonna be really pumped after this!

You can choose to stand and fight and maybe not incur too much damage, or turn around, head to the left over a sewage flow and reach the room with the shotgun. You'll definitely want to visit this room first before going outside. Because when you do go outside, you'll be attacked by all the Doom E1 baddies from different directions and I wouldn't want to think of the chances of finishing this with just a pistol. For obvious reasons, figure out where the Shotgun Guys are coming from first. Not so obviously, hitting a colored wall in the same room with these first shotgunners will open up a barred room on the other side of the courtyard, netting you the map's only secret (and one you may feel thankful to find!).

As a rule, the enemies come in large enough numbers to feel threatening, but almost never to the extent that combat gets repetitive. Still, the ending where you have to traverse through slime to reach the exit is indicative of the amount of room you have to screw up.

Deaths 1 (a shotgunner in the hallway leading the red key courtyard; I'm so-so at the fast and reckless thing).

Edited by LadyMistDragon

A Doom 1 wad, I haven't played one since Si6il got released. Anyways, let's do it. I'll play with FreeDoom for E1, The Ultimate Doom for E2 and FreeDoom for E3. Through Chocolate-Doom on the medium skill.

E1M1 Results: 91% kills, all items and 0% secrets

Time: 5:11 min

So the first map reminds me of e1m3 with all the slime, the amount of monsters can be dangerous, but if you play slowly they are not that dangerous, like I said, reminds me of e1m3, but I feel it has a more "night" atmosphere because of the lighting and the sky box, I really like it, the combat is good, it never feels unfair, but, maybe the health points are a bit scarce. I didn't see the exit, and honestly I didn't know what that switch did. Anyways, not a bad start.

Edited by Lol 6

I don’t know much about this map set, I first heard about it on the Wad Progression for Skill Improvement thread:

This thread put it between the difficulty of TNT: Evilution and Sigil, both of which I haven't played fully (I know, I know, I'm a noob). But I think I'll be able to to take this on without much difficulty.

I’ll be playing on UV with pistol starts using GZ Doom. Trying to go for all secrets (I’ll look up the ones I can’t get).

It’s been on my to play list for a bit, but I’m basically going into it blind. Since the maps aren’t named maybe I’m going to try to make up some names for the fun of it/practice for naming levels. I find I tend to make a lot of level names with alliteration so it gives them a bit of a goofy quality.

E1M1 - Overrun Outpost

Spoiler

Base_Ganymede_E1M1_map.png

Fun little techbase level. Even though it’s pretty small it’s no pushover for a first level. Lots of toxic pools and hitscanners to whittle down your health before you get the armor. I liked the nonlinear aspect to it. Sort of starts off in a sewer system before going into a little base and then back into a cave system. I like the progression, good texture work and detail (nothing mind blowing but very solid). The secret was pretty easy, though a bit unintuitive

Spoiler

(hump a wall that looks like it could be a hidden door to open up small room)

. I liked the trap at the end with the hallway opening up to reveal a cave. I thought I was finished with the level when I hit the switch, only to get a surprise from some more enemies hiding in the dark toxic area. So far so good.

Edit - Also I dig the new music, looking forward to listening to some tracks that I haven't heard before.

Edited by Doritos420 : Added a bit about the music.

I'll never pass up an opportunity to play Khorus maps so I'm in.

E1m1: UV, Crispy Doom, Deaths 0

Great opener. Fast paced but not too difficult. Has great visuals but detailing is fairly clean. The midi is fantastic, really getting you amped up to kick some ass. The secret is dumb though. It's got a weird trigger and it only rewards you with a medkit and some shells? Overall a great start to a great megawad.

This was a megawad I played a lot when it came out. I did a lot of demos for this too. As such I will join in for this month.

E1M1 - A fairly simple layout, but decent enough for a first map. Plenty of monsters to shoot where the main risk is through attrition rather than deadly traps. I must confess to dying here once trying to remember how this wad went.

I did some UV Max demos, I might as well post the ones I did at least.

Spoiler

Funnily enough, the skill progression thread was the very same way I became aware of this megawad, I remember parts of playing through it but not being that amazed by it, maybe a second look will give me more perspective.

(GZDoom, UV, Pistol Starts)

E1M1

Not a crazy start, but for a Doom 1 replacement's first map, I wasn't expecting anything too unusual. Standard E1 techbase, imps, zombiemen, shotgunners, and a few demons. The map's one secret is a bit obtuse, but hardly necessary. The detailing is solid, and while I'm not a fan of the mandatory damaging floor, it's thankfully brief enough to only need one or two tics of damage. The DTWiD music was the best part of the map. 
🟊🟊☆☆☆

Screenshot_Doom_20210701_145635.png

12 hours ago, Capellan said:

Are we just playing a map a day from the 1st to 27th, i.e. e1m9 would be on the 4th and e1m4 on the 5th?

Sure, we'll try it this way. Dunno if it's smart to do it like this since folks habitually know to play secret map + regular map, but Doom 1's episode structure doesn't even follow naturally with the days of the week, so.......

I'll type in bold for people: secret maps get their own days.

I don't think I've played this one before. At least, I haven't played it since I've gotten this laptop in like '15 or '16. So I figured I'd join this month. I've always wanted to do one of these blind. Will be playing UV continuous, with saves, on GZDoom. 

E1M1: 100% kills and secrets

Time: 6:21

This one was actually a little more tough than I expected. By the time you get the shotgun and head outside, you get swarmed by pretty much every E1 staple monster. You gotta keep moving to avoid everything, but if you head down to other areas, you'll just wake up more baddies. I had low health pretty much the whole time. It didn't help that this is the first time playing Ultimate Doom with this version of GZDoom, so I'm trying to adjust my settings as I go (I had a hard time figuring out why my autoaim wasn't working, and I still don't have the text on the automap sized in a way where I can actually read it). The lone secret is incredibly obtuse and there would be no way I would have figured that out without the video posted above. Normally I wouldn't care too much about it, but I needed the medikit. It is a fun level though, and I'm looking forward to the rest so far. (and if anyone can tell me how to make the text on screen bigger, i'd appreciate it. I dumb with settings).

E1M2 (HNTR, Continuous): K 100% (97/97), I 100% (8/8), S 100% (1/1), T 9:38, D 0 - Don't know what to say about the design - it's another techbase, nothing stood out except the use of nukage runs, and the BK exit is near the start, so the task was to find the BK.  It's all a bit bland, and while i don't see any flaws in this level as in the first one, this also lacks the potential for making a lasting impression.  My favourite parts were the necessary short nukage-run in the beginning, and the area for obtaining the Chaingun.  As for the visuals and architecture, i think there's some effort put into them, but everything's a bit incongruent to my eyes.

Fun fact: only thing in the whole level i tried on a whim turned out to be the secret - this time a rewarding one - but i suspect i won't be the only one so lucky.  For me the inspiration is in severe want here, and i can't even think of anything else to say.  Just not feeling it yet, so going to have to give this one 2/5.

Edited by dei_eldren : time added

I was actually playing through this wad until someone let me know this was happening so time to restart and add my bit into this :)

E1M1 - K - 100%, I - 100%, S - 100%, Time: 2:57, No Deaths
Pistol Start, No Saves, UV Max, Not Blind
A good first map, simple, quick but nothing particularly memorable.
Not super fond of using the pistol myself so getting the shotgun makes this a lot better for me.
On UV, the central first outside area can get a bit crowded with imps and pinkys if you aren't careful with movement and let them crowd you.
The only secret in the map could be very easy to miss (in my opinion) as there is no real indication of it as that entire wall is that texture.
First secret hunting technique, Slightly different texture usage.

E1M1

UV, pistol start, no saves

100% kills, 1/1 secrets

The megawad starts you in a small techbase area with nukage aplenty, a cliffy exterior, and a nice starry sky. I enjoy the midi quite a bit, I haven't played DTWID yet but it's a solid track. The enemies you encounter are all lower tier baddies, zombiemen, shotgunners, imps, and pinkies make up the ranks in this level. As is somewhat expected from a first level, there isn't a whole lot done to threaten your life in this map, although the nukage can be a small nuisance from time to time.

About the most threatening part of the level is when you first step outside, as there is a reasonable large volume of all of the forementioned foes waiting for you, and you've probably taken a couple tics of damage from nukage. Otherwise, I enjoyed the ambush in the cave when you hit the switch to be cornered by imps and shotgunners and another big pool of nukage. You just have to hit the switch and raise the red bars after dealing with these guys to exit.

A so-so opener, a little non-descript but not a big surprise for a first map.

E1M1

Doomsday Engine, UV-Fast, Continuous, blind run w/saves

Base Ganymede starts off with a small tech-base, which is already chock-full of enemies on UV. I rushed upstairs, frantically looking for a real weapon, but probably I was still in the mindset of Bourgeois Megawad. I was soon killed by Imp crossfire, while hopelessly pistol-whipping Demons. Then I noticed a small door I missed in the starting area and realised I should resume my old habits: proceed slowly and cautiously (“Check those corners!”- said Sgt. Apone). There was a good use of elevation in the first courtyard, as well as damaging floor and limited resources to prevent player from camping the door. With the shotgun everything went better, still the Imps teleporting after RK pickup were a sudden manifestation.

Spoiler

263322358_BaseGanymede_E1M1_01.jpg.a341a92940d4ebdbf7b5e6831474f9bb.jpg

The WAD does not provide new names for the levels, so we can only guess what they are supposed to represent. This is a small facility inside a crater of sort, with glimpses of the moon landscape (with hellish trees…) and a huge vista of the nearby planet up high. Jupiter seen from Ganymede would appear 15 times bigger than Earth’s Moon, so the proportions of the sky texture are more awe-inspiring than accurate. That would be more fitting as a sight from Io.

Spoiler

1408853717_BaseGanymede_E1M1_02.jpg.ca44edb3148cd2a506d2108c5775827e.jpg

There is a lot of toxic slime here, both in man-made basins and in seemingly natural pools, as in the last, shadowy cavern, where my already battered health was subject to some mandatory floor damage. The progression was simple as expected from the opening map, but this one succeeded in settling the mood of the episode, while still being so compact. The only thing I disliked was the secret, which made no sense at all. I do not hump at walls just because they have an odd texture, especially when the layout & automap suggest they will not open. This secret seems to reward players trying to clean a soiled wall. I would have made good use of that medikit, though.

Spoiler

257319070_BaseGanymede_E1M1_03.jpg.0bbd0d7c85e369a553f2361e956177a5.jpg

Edited by Book Lord : Corrected wrong statement about Jupiter's size

E1M2

Doomsday Engine, UV-Fast, Continuous, blind run w/saves

The second level carries on the theme from E1M1 with the mix of natural and artificial slime basins. Combat has still a leisurely pace, with monsters usually being in front of the player and few surprises. The bestiary is the same as the previous level and nukage crossing is made easier by readily available radiation suits.

Spoiler

1413941837_BaseGanymede_E1M2_01.jpg.19cb8d6a4e794666d9ce809041edde28.jpg

Soon I stumbled upon the exit door, which required BK. The surrounding area was probably the best-looking part of the map, with some classic tech-base detailing and fine architecture. The remaining rooms had less striking visuals, mostly inspired by Doom E1 with improved detailing to make them less boxy. There were multiple interconnections allowing for different paths to be taken, but sooner or later the damaging floor must be crossed, firstly to the YK and secondly to the yellow switch, which granted access to the BK. The key pickup triggered a wave of enemies to repopulate the map.

Spoiler

482129709_BaseGanymede_E1M2_02.jpg.34fe07a9bf70a4581c724d60e6676523.jpg

The spread-out teleports have been introduced just to spice up the inevitable backtracking. The enemies do not pose a real threat, unless you run into them unawares, which is unlikely. Sloppy playing is not recommended though, since not much health is available if you let zombies fill you with lead. I found the secret rocket launcher this time, but I cannot tell what inspired me to push that COMPWERD block. The map is ok, but it does not feel special or compelling in any way.

Edited by Book Lord

E1M2

UV | Continuous Play with Saves | GZDoom + Dead Marine

A more substantial and classic feeling techbase map with an easy-breezy progression. Visually, it's consistent with its predecessor with this brutalist, drab look to it. A lot of green brickwork, brown metal and grey concrete textures and of course more nukage, which I suspect is going to be a recurring feature of this WAD. Khorus's detailing has this deliberate utilitarian design to it, which makes it feel grounded and believable as a research and/or military techbase. Its solemn look adds to its atmosphere very well to complement its Doom 1 inspiration thematically. Combat scenario's likewise give that classic feel to it with things spicing up a little towards the end with the reinforcements teleporting in to try and repopulate the base and prevent your escape. Nothing too challenging so far, but we're only just getting started. Given Doom 1's limited bestiary, I think what I'm most curious about is how Khorus will increase the difficulty as we progress through the episodes. I just hope it doesn't involve an irritating amount of Barons lol. 

UV, pistol start, no saves

I played through episodes 1 and 2 of this WAD about 6 months ago but put it down for a few days and didn't pick it back up for whatever reason. I'll use the DWMC as my excuse to finish the dang thing. I'll only post periodically but I'm keeping pace I promise!

I remember the combat balancing hitscan attrition and traps well. I normally get tilted pretty quickly when there's shotgunners pestering me from across the way but this WAD doesn't really have that issue IIRC. 

Not much to say about the first map except that I love the atmosphere of the opening room. The lighting combined with the precarious footing help set the tone for the WAD even if the enemies themselves are fodder.

E1M2
(GZDoom, UV, Pistol Start)

Yawn. Same thing as M1, just with a few more enemies in the backend, only this time they're all but trivialized by the Doom 1 workhorse chaingun with ample ammo. I'm not sure what the secret rocket launcher is FOR exactly, unless you're playing continuous, and the absence of M1's best feature in its music is sorely missed in comparison to... Dark Halls. It's not terrible, it fits the theme of the level, but, it's Dark Halls. I do appreciate the beginning of the level's transition from the previous, even if it's not quite as striking as an Alien Vendetta or Scythe 2 transition might be, it's still a nice touch. Detailing remains good, but the lukewarm combat is a drag, and I'm eagerly awaiting the difficulty spike I'm hopefully not misremembering. 
🟊✭☆☆☆

Screenshot_Doom_20210701_152100.png

E1M2 - K - 100%, I - 100%, S - 100%, Time: 4:13
Pistol Start, No Saves, UV Max, Not Blind, No Deaths
Not keen on the Acid run to start the level.
Past the first switch door, the room with the view of outside and the exit door i think is the best looking part of this level for me.
After that the room which houses the rocket launcher secret is probably a good second place area alongside the actual outside area itself.
Rocket launcher secret could be easily missed but wall humping would easily find it.
Thankfully this level has a chaingun, which gives me the chance to use bullets. Still not a fan of the pistol really.
Teleporting monsters in after the blue key is a good way to fill the route back with some more monsters to kill.
A level where a second secret hunting technique comes in, looking for tech panels and objects.

E1M2 - Toxic Tailings

Spoiler

image.png.8f71e2c5d43c540954fe438311f65844.png

I like how this map seems like it continues right from the end of the last level. I really like when games do this and gives levels a real world sort of feeling to them. After exiting the cave area you come into another techbase area, a lot more complex and larger than the last (though it’s not confusing and was easy to navigate). I appreciate that you get the shotgun early on in this level (it’s no fun shooting beefy enemies with the pistol).The secret on this one was fairly easy as well, surprising to see just one secret in each level so far, though I’m sure it will increase soon. I like how you can explore most of the map without committing to jumping in the toxic waste area, so that way you can weigh your options and grab the rad suit knowing where you need to go and what to do. I hate it when you get the rad suit and then don’t know where to go, and end up wasting it. I was able to survey the level, see the yellow key switch outside, and then see the yellow key just beyond reach and so with my only available area that was not explored was the toxic pit, so I grabbed the rad suit and jumped in. After hitting the yellow switch I liked how the base become repopulated with enemies, it makes the most use of such a small space and it was fun going through and blasting monsters again. For the last room I remembered I had the rocket launcher and obliterated the hitscanners inside (very satisfying). Fun level, very different vibe than Bourgeois Megawad so it’s been a nice change of pace so far. Very slow and exploratory vibe with this map, especially with the old school Doom music.

I want to do this in an attempt to play more stuff that's not as popular (even if it was, I'd play it, I've yet to play fraggin' Plutonia out of all things...), but I missed out on the 1st day so I've recorded a silent playthrough of both E1M1 and E1M2.

I used whatever GZDoom version I had on my laptop as I was copying files over from it to my new PC, tried to keep it as authentic as possible but of course that's not 100% possible, let me know if a more vanilla sourceport is required for this or not, my first time really doing this kinda thing and I don't want to stick out for the wrong reasons, haha. I hope saves are fine, too..

So far, here's my thoughts on the first and second map: Honestly they're pretty standard maps, but I like them for that. I really dig how E1M2 just picks right after E1M1 (it seems that way at least). E1M1 had some pretty cool encounters that I don't know how I got out of unscathed (well, I do, I've played the first map trying to record it but the recording got lost because I used the wrong settings in OBS, also I had autoaim entirely off and freelook off too, so trying to fight monsters like that is a special kind of hell), but I stopped as I got to the second map, hence the extra save when I went to the save prompt.

E1M2 might only be brutal for me because I suck at video games, and maybe because I was playing on UV, but I wish there was some more health pickups in certain spots. Otherwise, a stellar map, the encounters mostly felt just right and when you pick up the key that repopulates a bunch of areas, that's when things got real and got a real kick out of using the barrels there to my advantage. Overall, though, I liked both of these (as I probably said like 3 times already...). Eager to check out the rest.

I put a video in this here spoiler, just so that it doesn't take up a whole lot of space in this reply. Spoiler alerts: I SUCK at video games and I captured a tiny bit of E1M3 at the end (split second, as I was turning my OBS off).

Spoiler

E1M2

Why did the last map end in a teleporter? This just seems like a continuation of the previous map, and honestly, the map progression in this wad displays at least a dim awareness of continuity. Whatever, I'm not really liking "Dark Halls" from Toxin Refinery very much. It works when hordes aren't being thrown your way like they are here, but otherwise, it's far too sedate to get you pumped.

It does have a certain appropriate thematically aspect to it. Starting in a slime-filled tunnel, you enter what I assume is supposed to be a maintenance hallway and then enter what is probably the lobby/reception room of this particular part of the complex. Outside, some arch-like structures hanging over the edge suggests this may be where processing and storage takes place.

Anyway, head straight through this room unless you want to have a hard time fairly quickly. Shotgun ammo is rather scarce, except near the end rather curiously, and you'll want the chaingun at the end of the subsequent section to take on the not-quite tiny amount of pinkies. Honestly, I would've avoided taking hits if I realized this sooner. In something approximating a monitoring area lies the map's only secret, which proves very useful when you have to backtrack after acquiring the blue key. I honestly am not sure why anyone had a hard time finding it when it's behind the only structure of its kind in the hallway it's located in. The last room has that transition look to it, which makes sense with its placement in the lobby.

Otherwise, I think I have to agree with BookLord and Dei_eldren where its memorability is concerned. Navigating the slime without taking damage apart from the beginning (where two stimpacks are conveniently provides for you) should be easypeasy because the slime areas aren't exactly so large you'll have to worry about their energy running low too soon. On the other hand, I do find some of the architecture to be suggestive of what's coming next.

E1M2, Chocolate-Doom with FreeDoom, medium skill, saves when needed

E1M2 Results: 100% of everything

Crashes: 2, visplane overflows

Time: 5:17 min

Another very cool tech base, with lots of slime. The start is very nice too, kind of what sunlust did. I almost die, mostly because there's almost no health, the enemies are not that much of a threat. I found the secret rocket launcher, I assume that's a secret since, as you may already know, Chocolate has no "you found a secret" message. Anyways, I think the music really fits, and makes me compare this map with Doom's E1M3, with all the slime. I had two visplane overflows near the starting area, that was annoying.

Gotta love Base Ganymede

E1M1 - glboom-plus 2.5.1.7 - complevel 3 - skill 2 - pistol start

Intro to a lot of slime. slime everywhere you can't avoid it. What even is this room i don't know. It's very memorable though. 

That first room you duck into with the stairs and slime river is great.

Surprisingly tough with all the shotgunners and no armor until later.

Once you get outside you see the awesome sky by kristus for the first time

Police Truck midi provides an energetic intro to the wad

E1M2 - glboom-plus 2.5.1.7 - complevel 3 - skill 2 - pistol start

Go down a hallway of slime tunnel from last level. See a great cave entrance to this new area.

Very non-linear level, but not enough to where I got lost. I think i got to the yellow key the wrong way but it seemed clever the way that pathway opened up.

Video uploads

Spoiler