Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JustCallMeKaito

DOOM II: Resurrected - A DOOM II Remake

By the way, if you can use the patched up Doom 2 textures pack which is available on Realm667, that would be a good idea. The patched textures would be very useful. You can also use the Doom Potpourri and DRDOCTER's texture packs as well.

5 hours ago, Blast98 said:

By the way, if you can use the patched up Doom 2 textures pack which is available on Realm667, that would be a good idea. The patched textures would be very useful. You can also use the Doom Potpourri and DRDOCTER's texture packs as well.

I believe he's using OTEX. Those texture packs would not fit very well at all, stylistically.

6 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

I believe he's using OTEX. Those texture packs would not fit very well at all, stylistically.

I'm really not sure why people keep saying you shouldn't use OTEX with Doom textures, or those derived from them. If you read Ukiro's "My history with textures" page you'll see he strived to capture the Doom art style, so saying that they don't work together is actually doing him something of a disservice.

The second screenshot of this project shows that non-OTEX textures are being used already.

12 minutes ago, NiGHTMARE said:

I'm really not sure why people keep saying you shouldn't use OTEX with Doom textures, or those derived from them. If you read Ukiro's "My history with textures" page you'll see he strived to capture the Doom art style, so saying that they don't work together is actually doing him something of a disservice.

The second screenshot of this project shows that non-OTEX textures are being used already.

OTEX is brilliant. But imo the style doesn't fit perfectly, and if you're going to mix OTEX into stock or vice versa you have to be very selective, at least that's my take. Hypocritically, I'm making something that uses a small number of textures from OTEX as well. Still, I don't personally like the idea of mixing the marble bricks in doom with those found in OTEX, which appear to have the express purpose of replacing the original when used in a set.

On 5/8/2021 at 6:19 PM, Korozive said:

I sure hope so. :o(

just looked at the HellForge discord, it is alive and well.

Yep, the project is alive & kicking! I've been fairly quiet, but have been posting updates over in Hellforge & on the D2R Discord.

As part of Jubilant July (something I've literally just made up), I'll be posting daily updates showing progress on the various maps!