Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

This could potentially be Korea's biggest esports scandal since 2010's match-fixing debacle

I love how some of them admitted they were insider trading in their livestreams. That's just too damn funny. "Uh-oh, I said the quiet part out loud!"

1 hour ago, Mr. Freeze said:

literally and figuratively who

In my opinion, Lee "FlaSh" Young Ho is the most highly skilled video game player alive. He is frequently cited as the greatest and most successful esports player of all time. He is the fifth and most accomplished of all the true Bonjwas (some people have argued that Bisu is also a Bonjwa, however that is not a popular opinion, nor is it one that I ascribe to). There are many individuals who will plainly refer to and address FlaSh as God, and regard him as the greatest human being to have ever lived. Admittedly, I don't know much about Sea, but I do know that he plays for Team 8. 

Fun fact: Korea's national soccer team once arranged for FlaSh to meet them before a World Cup match so that he could encourage and inspire them before their game.

I wish I was presently able to be more judicious in my ability to opine on all of this, but a lot of the facts are still coming in, and even less of the information that's pertinent to the story has been translated. However, if this story is as damaging as I think it might be, then this could have massive repercussions on the future of esports. I don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight. 

Edited by [McD]James

3 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

literally and figuratively who

Yeah no idea either. I can name one pro streamer, two on a good day. 

Can't say I'm surprised, there was already a fixing scandal way back when with "savior" and a couple other guys... Strarcraft is a national sport in korea, and where there's money to be made on a large scale, corruption invariably follows...

I do not follow eSports at all and have no investment in whatever is happening here, but you asked me to read it and that's what I did.

With the limited information in that post I'd wager that the streamers in question had been misled in some capacity and weren't aware of the implications of their actions. Shitty situation for them regardless.

I followed the peak of pro BW in the year or two before SC2 came out, and it was just stunning. I always wanted to root for Jaedong, but Flash's relentless macro destroys everyone who doesn't beat him quickly enough with some clever micro or lucky engagements. Bisu is a ton of fun to watch but no one is in the same league as Flash.

So is BW Remastered still going strong? Are there any good YT channels with quality English commentary?

If you've played a bit of BW, there's a good chance you'll find a well-commentated pro match highly entertaining. The oldies were Moletrap and Klazart. Dunno what's up nowadays.

8 minutes ago, Aaron Blain said:

I followed the peak of pro BW in the year or two before SC2 came out, and it was just stunning. I always wanted to root for Jaedong, but Flash's relentless macro destroys everyone who doesn't beat him quickly enough with some clever micro or lucky engagements. Bisu is a ton of fun to watch but no one is in the same league as Flash.

So is BW Remastered still going strong? Are there any good YT channels with quality English commentary?

If you've played a bit of BW, there's a good chance you'll find a well-commentated pro match highly entertaining. The oldies were Moletrap and Klazart. Dunno what's up nowadays.

I enjoy Artosis's live streams and professional commentary alongside Tasteless. 

4 hours ago, Aaron Blain said:

You can catch ASL (Afreeca Star Leage) with english commentary. The next season should be starting soonish. Artosis and Tasteless dont offically cast for ASL anymore(budget wasnt big enough) but they do cast the games still on their own free time while taking donations. Just look for the Tastosis tag on youtube. Speaking of Flash/Bisu they just entered the military so lots of room for older players/up and comers to show their skill.

Last finals 3 weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWEdPDfish8