Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Live podcast interview with John Romero. Links are up!

Wow! That's awesome. I wonder if uncle John has ever seen any of your maps? I'm sure he'd be impressed. Looking forward to the podcast.

Ask him questions that he already answered in many other recorded interviews.

I got a few questions:

The original Doom has influences from classic Sci-fi movies, arcade games and even Dungeons and Dragons.

with the release of e1m4b, e1m8b and Sigil, What recent games or general Media have influenced their design? Cheers!

also

Has he played any recent Doom or Quake mods from the community?

thats awesome! make every second count lol as you know im sure his a busy guy! :) 

SIGIL II? Finally, more Romero Doom 2 maps!! Oh man this is gonna be interesting.

Awesome interview!

Great interview! BridgeBurner asked some good questions. Uncle John gave same insightful answers. Best of all - SIGIL II for Doom II confirmed!!! AWESOME!!!

Just finished watching the VOD. It's so amazing to hear that Sigil 2 is ongoing, could be really great for the upcoming 30th anniversary of Doom in 2023. Lots of good stories about Doom, Quake, early games of John Romero, and stories about game development and multiplayer as well. Can't believe that Wolfenstein 3D's levels were made with the same level editor that Commander Keen used; making FPS levels with a 2D side-scroller level editor.

Also, much appreciated for asking my question! It's good to know that John Carmack was actually the person, who scored the first frag in FPS history. It's technically a self-frag, but it still counts. XD

Listening to it now. Great so far, a little over half-way through. A+

Sigil 2 for Doom 2? we talkin a whole megawad? 👀

give me all your wild speculations guys 😎

Oh god... Si666il 2!   When that happens, i won't touch it before completing Si666il on UV.

(Will listen to the interview tonight, really really looking forward to it - thanks a lot for doing what sounds like a stellar interview with him!)

2 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

"If you want a Sigil 2, gimme a hell yeah"

HELL YEAH!!!

HELL YEAH 2!!!

Thanks everyone who tuned in to watch :D I'm still buzzing over the whole thing, it could not have gone better.

Seems I scored a genuine scoop with the first public announcement of Sigil 2 being a thing. Was not expecting that (along with a Quake pack in the future). Super cool

Apologies to anyone whose question we didn't get to. We actually went over time by about 45 minutes so I was pleased we got as much in as we did.

The video is being tidied up now and once it is ready I'll post the links to both the YT  video, and the podcast hosts. In the mean time here is the uncut VOD from the stream
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1075927769

4 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

HELL YEAH!!!

HELL YEAH!!!

giphy.webp

4 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

HELL YEAH!!!

HELL YEAH!

5 hours ago, DOEL said:

Sigil 2 for Doom 2? we talkin a whole megawad? 👀