Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

RAMP - Rabbit's All-Comers Mapping project [DONE!!]

first working version of AIRSHIP added, just one todo for now... script that the cyberdemon will only appear after most other monsters are killed... then the plyer must avoid the cyberdemon long enough for him to walk in to the exit since he is the only one that can end the level... for now the cyberdemon is always spawned but final edition will have cyberdemon spawn when 50% of starting monsters are dead and type and amount of starting monsters will be changed to fit the chosen difficulty level (I will count adding this scripting as a bugfix)

airship2.png

working on CBM Shipping now... WIP screenshots (a sunken rusted ship manned by the undead and an island with a ruin also crawling with undead)

shipping2.png shipping1.png

EDIT: new starting ship for the player... multiple levels (cargo hold, main deck, first floor and roof... made entirely of 3d floors and it has 3 different crates in the cargo hold) and added yet another rusted shipwreck to the sea bed

shipping3.pngshipping4.png

EDIT 2 : added side windows and shadows, enemy types changed, trying to decide if some of the ships should have sails

shipping6.png shipping5.png

enemy type, amount and placement still not final... if I figure out how to make ships with pointy buttoms then I might change some ships to have that and if I have time.. otherwise they will just keep the flat buttoms

EDIT 3 : first playable version of CBM Shipping has been uploaded and hell castle updated

------------

would someone be kind enough to try out 3 of my maps...  castle of secrets, CBM Shipping and Air Ship and give some feedback?

Edited by CBM

My map is almost finished. One question though @DavidN; Are we allowed to do a standalone release of our maps if we wish so?

Yes, absolutely! Feel free to release separately, expand on them, whatever you like - I will take no ownership of any map submitted to this :)

just uploaded first working version of wet dreams

EDIT

castle of secrets made it to a ramp update video! :-D

wet dreams, air ship and cbm shipping will soon be completed and no longer be in a WIP state

Edited by CBM

My map is nearing completion finally... I'm seeing some really cool maps so far!

I've got a question though: how can I go about using a MIDI someone else created? There's typically an attribution license, so I was wondering where you guys got your music and how you credited the creator? Or are there "public domain" MIDIs I am missing out on!?

decided to make a burned out version of the castle as well... might use it as a decoration in another map or something

castlefire.png

Edit

Being used as a sunken ruin in cbm shipping now to provide more Cover when fighting on the seabed

Expect cbm shipping to be completed sometime today

Edited by CBM

cbm shipping complete and renamed to navy

altered aztek allow jump/crouch on aztek and renaming aztek to Aztek

air ship completed

Edited by CBM

Unfortunately I'll have to back out of this project. I've hardly gotten any work on my map done because I keep getting distracted by a million other things.

10 hours ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

Unfortunately I'll have to back out of this project. I've hardly gotten any work on my map done because I keep getting distracted by a million other things.

Not a problem, I’m sure there will be a next time! Is there a map already in the project I should delete?

12 hours ago, DavidN said:

Not a problem, I’m sure there will be a next time! Is there a map already in the project I should delete?

Nope

quake world is finally ready... phew... that was a mammoth undertaking.. my map from the 90s is now remastered, expanded and generally been updated to fit the new millennia

Luckily, I have avoided seeing video from @DavidNto have a surprise myself and see how the maps are. Wanna record all the maps when it's done.

21 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Luckily, I have avoided seeing video from @DavidNto have a surprise myself and see how the maps are. Wanna record all the maps when it's done.

What a monumental task you want to achieve

1 hour ago, 1Destro3456 said:

What a monumental task you want to achieve

I did it before with both Dump 2 and 3 though...(a total of 148 maps together).

I'd record those maps individually as like I did with those sets. 

Alright I'm going to have to pull myself from this community project. I mistakenly thought the project would end next year on the first and realized that maps get turned in on July 6th. I don't think my mapping skills would be fast enough to make a satisfactory map for the time left so I'll probably hold it back and instead use it for another wad I've been cooking up. Can't wait to see everyone's stuff when It's all done though 👍.

been playing some of the maps in ramp and have enjoyed so far every map I've played the project is shaping up to be a great one 

I have uploaded my maps (Yes, I made 2 because why not)

We have The Dark Side of the UAC which is a city map that finishes with a techbase revealing some shady experiments the UAC has been doing. I have posted some screenshots here.

We also have Return to Seitis, which is essentially a remake/reimagining/resomething of my 5-level Doom 1 WAD I made last year which took place on said demonic planet, Seitis. I will post a video here once its finished uploading of that map.

Things I added in the WAD:

A MAPINFO containing all the important things. (Such as the SpidermastermindSpecial and Special_DoorOpen for The Dark Side of the UAC)

Two MIDIs (One composed by @CacodemonTube for MAP01, thus he appears in the credits string for that map, and MAP28's theme from Doom 2 for MAP02)

A bunch of textures. (Not too much I hope!)

Both of the maps are somewhat vanilla compatible, although MAP02 might cause a crash in the red key room, and MAP01 requires the Spiderdemon death special contained in the MAPINFO.

Here is the link for people wanting to try it out: https://www.mediafire.com/file/pheha0qa4mv08i6/RAMP_Maps_Roebloz.wad/file

Here is the MAP02 video:

Here are some MAP01 screenshots (Yes I used god mode for convenience):

bandicam_2021-07-03_20-00-23-308.jpg?wid

bandicam_2021-07-03_20-00-56-923.jpg?wid

bandicam_2021-07-03_20-02-18-288.jpg?widbandicam_2021-07-03_20-01-04-482.jpg?wid

Also for @DavidN: While the maps are linked together, I do not mind them being split off in a hub area as they are meant to be played from a pistol start anyway.

Edited by Roebloz

screenshot from my WIP Prison Camp map, a prison located in hell that will have captured UAC marines that needs to be rescued...

prisoncamp.png

added eye movement, eyes open and close and eye stalks raise and lower... also... there is a nice little blood pool around the eye stalks now...

prisoncamp2.png

Edited by CBM

Sorry for all the questions ( I'm still new to all this) but must I upload my map to the teamouse website for playtesting, or will playtesting take place here on doomworld? Again, sorry for all the questions, and thank you to whoever answers my questions.

Hey David, just forget the conversation we had like 5 months ago, here's my map, it's called Slaughter Town 2, which is a sequel to my crappy first map, don't play it, at all. Credit to @Biodegradable for the name.  Download it here: SlaughterTown_2.zip. (the screenshot is in the zip file).

Info:

Spoiler

Advanced engine needed: Limit-removing (maybe)

Primary purpose: Single Player

Filename: You already read it above.

Release date: 5 July this year (2021)

=======================

Author: lokbustam257

Email address: no

Other files by author: You REALLY don't wan't to know, they're crap and ugly maps.

Misc. author info: no

Description: A map that takes less than 3 days, because the concept of it is draw 2 days before the project end, so, you guess it, it's a speed map.

=======================

New levels: only one.

Sounds: Nah

Music: Yes, it's "Plummeting" by Bucket from Plutonia MIDI Pack

Graphics: No, I mean how

Dehacked/BEX patch: Nah, I'm lazy af

Demos: Same as above

Other: Nah

Other files required: None, it's entirely use Doom 2 stock texture, because my internet died when making the map

=======================

Game: Doom II, though any IWAD that have the Doom 2 stock texture, or at least have some replacement, can (maybe) run it.

MAP: MAP01

Single Player: Designed for

Multi player: If we talking about co-op, then yes (player starts only), if it's deathmatch, no, at all.

Other game styles: No

Difficulty settings: Yes (sort of)

=======================

Base: Build from scratch

Build time: 30 hours

Editor(s) used: Ultimate Doom Builder, SLADE 3

Known bugs: Maybe some fences that go beneath the floor or I forgot to check the IMPASSABLE tag on mid textures.

May not run with: DOS Doom, just use limit-removing.

Tested with: LZDoom, Eternity Engine

Edited by lokbustam257

prison camp will feature a non traditional exit, it will be a scripted exit that will occur when certain conditions are met

due to time constraints then house and space will be dos vanilla maps

3 hours ago, Silent Wolf said:

Sorry for all the questions ( I'm still new to all this) but must I upload my map to the teamouse website for playtesting, or will playtesting take place here on doomworld? Again, sorry for all the questions, and thank you to whoever answers my questions.

You can do both! Please submit your map to the site so that it appears in the game, and you can put the link here as well if you’d like feedback on just that map.

will we reach 200 maps? 17 more and we are at 200

Okay, I'll start here. Playtesters are welcome.

Link to map:Overgrown.zip

Map nameOvergrown

Author: Silent Wolf

Format: Boom

Ports tested: GZDoom 4.6.0

IWAD: Plutonia ( sorry if this complicates things, but I needed to use those textures)

Build time: around 3 weeks ( it may not look like it, but I did a lot of revisions)

Difficulty settings: Yes ( I'm most nervous about this)

Midi used: "Plugged in" by @Bucket

Jumping or crouching: No

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210630_110146.png.52ce65505c0fdff4e820851d87042371.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210630_110122.png.c91ee6deaf40845cb491281c0e950489.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210630_110808.png.61d43d2865d0121c3cc7d42adf65bb78.png

I'd rather first test it here than upload the wad, should there be some bugs. I don't want to release something in a broken state. 

Edit: fixed a few bugs, added some more ammo, got rid of an unnecessary encounter.

Edited by Silent Wolf

first working version of prison camp uploaded... had to scale down the concept due to time constrainst.. but it works...

EDIT

SPACE is now replaced with the crispydoom map called antivirus,

house of CBM is now replaced with the crispydoom map called memory of e4m4 (a kind of remake of e4m4)

EDIT 2

prison camp renamed to prison camp in hell and got some updates... 2 secrets and a way to disable the green and red forcefields on the ground floor

Edited by CBM

Is there some kind of problem on the site? I cannot download snapshot. Download goes up to 98% then it says Network error. huh 

13 hours ago, Silent Wolf said:

snip

Hey, I ran through your map on UV. I really liked the Plutonia look it had! Also enjoyed the ambushes in there. I was not able to complete the map without jumping at the end (looks like the trigger to lower the gate at the exit has the wrong tag). I do think there needs to be more ammo overall - either some more shells and/or put in a berserk or chainsaw somewhere. I found missing textures on the sides of the lift around the coordinates -2056, -886. One of the demon ambushes doesn't trigger (at -1120, -1280). Also, it's possible to use the super shotgun platform to skip the red bars entirely (I think you tried to prevent this with impassible lines, but it looks like you missed a spot). A little suggestion - you can make the colored bars lower together rather than one at a time by joining their sectors and using the S1 door open action rather than the D1 action. I think you should definitely upload this once you've made it possible to complete!

7 hours ago, INfront95 said:

Is there some kind of problem on the site? I cannot download snapshot. Download goes up to 98% then it says Network error. huh 

Hmm, that's odd. For what it's worth, I was able to download it without having this problem. I did run into an issue, though, when I used the map locator and scrolled down to a certain point (based on what the error message said, my guess is that this has something to do with there being too many maps).

---------

I've uploaded my map now. I have to say, mapping in UDMF was a real joy, especially with all you can do with ACS scripting.

Edited by Fiendish