Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

RAMP - Rabbit's All-Comers Mapping project [DONE!!]

@lokbustam257 I don't see it in the list on the downloads page - try it again? You should only get that message if you've attempted to upload more than one level very quickly. If that doesn't work, I can add it manually after I close the submissions.

4 hours ago, Fiendish said:

Hmm, that's odd. For what it's worth, I was able to download it without having this problem. I did run into an issue, though, when I used the map locator and scrolled down to a certain point (based on what the error message said, my guess is that this has something to do with there being too many maps).

Weird, i tried to download it from 3 diffrent devices and 2 networks.

And at the point 225mb of 228 it stops.

@INfront95 I've tried something that might help, removing the PHP timeout for the script that serves the project file. It's possible that it was running into that, but I'm not sure.

By the way, something weird happened with your map upload! Could you remove the second MAP01 marker and upload again? Based on looking at the lump sizes it looks like it's a copy of the sky, and it confuses the uploader into thinking there's no map there.

image.png.7d48e8e5e1517951c5a5918ea7d3d628.png

5 minutes ago, DavidN said:

@INfront95 I've tried something that might help, removing the PHP timeout for the script that serves the project file. It's possible that it was running into that, but I'm not sure.

By the way, something weird happened with your map upload! Could you remove the second MAP01 marker and upload again? Based on looking at the lump sizes it looks like it's a copy of the sky, and it confuses the uploader into thinking there's no map there.

Do i need to update map or upload new one? Cause.... eh.... i closed tab before realising i need to remember password

10 minutes ago, DavidN said:

And i dont really understand what is the problem i am really a noob here. I need to delete  MAP01 with 0 bytes in slade ?  or.....

Wow, 199 maps so far

DavidN

I would like to request that you try out the following maps that I have recently completed for RAMP:  air ship, navy, prison camp, quake World, wet Dreams, memory of e4m4 and antivirus

Well ok the last 2 maps were ones I had already made but it would still be so Nice to get a playthrough of all my maps once You can find the time for it

EDIT

200 maps! Wow

Edited by CBM

I can't try out maps just now, the sheer number of them being submitted has made me have to spend time helping people out with their uploads and expanding the hub! Normal video making will resume in a few days...

The upload site is having issues ten minutes out.  Just a heads up

You took care of it on Disc but I dont know how to delete posts.

ramp is now beyond 200 maps (201)

25 maps are still WIP

actually 26 because I will be adding some more last minute stuff to prison camp later today (added a highrise part this morning that is incomplete atm)

does look like I will end up being the top contributer hehe

it has been a valiant struggle to finish enough maps for that

Edited by CBM

I've submitted my map, Mondays on Fire 

I feel like it's in a mostly complete state, although difficulty settings probably need some fine tuning. I also used OTEX textures, the thread OP just mentions cc4tex, but the rules page says OTEX is being used as well, so I hope that's not a problem. I have a second map I'm working on as well, but given the work ahead of me for it, I have doubts that I'll be able to get a reasonable product out the door in the remaining time, but I'll give it a shot. 

2 hours ago, Dazel said:

I've submitted my map, Mondays on Fire 

I feel like it's in a mostly complete state, although difficulty settings probably need some fine tuning. I also used OTEX textures, the thread OP just mentions cc4tex, but the rules page says OTEX is being used as well, so I hope that's not a problem. I have a second map I'm working on as well, but given the work ahead of me for it, I have doubts that I'll be able to get a reasonable product out the door in the remaining time, but I'll give it a shot. 

both cc4tex and otex are included in the project and some even have custom textures beyond that

EDIT

just updated prison camp... now the highrise has a staircase and a reason to visit it + ADDED dynamic lights

Edited by CBM

just discovered that new map uploads are now closed, only existing maps can now be updated... final map count is 201... so he got 200 maps submitted (with his own map the total is 201) ... thats pretty crazy :-D

Ignore this post. I was going to ask to submit this map since I was still waiting on a bugfix , but I just saw submissions just closed. At least I have one more standalone map to my name :)

Edited by Silent Wolf

prison camp update:

just added manual animation to the forcefields due to me making forcefields using 3d floors instead of using the usual line specials

2 hours ago, Silent Wolf said:

Ignore this post. I was going to ask to submit this map since I was still waiting on a bugfix , but I just saw submissions just closed. At least I have one more standalone map to my name :)

a shame, but from what I have been told, there will be a followup to this project so you can always add it to the next project unless david decides to add it for you

9 minutes ago, CBM said:

a shame, but from what I have been told, there will be a followup to this project so you can always add it to the next project unless david decides to add it for you

I was a bit upset that I didn't make the deadline, but I did learn a lot from this experience. Either way, I have another map to my name that I'm proud of. Congratulations on your.. what, three map submission? You map like a machine.

15 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

I was a bit upset that I didn't make the deadline, but I did learn a lot from this experience. Either way, I have another map to my name that I'm proud of. Congratulations on your.. what, three map submission? You map like a machine.

I have been submitting tons of bugfixes for my maps... just now I uploaded fixes for my prison camp map...

but 3 maps? no no no... 12 maps... :-D

I have been adding new and also some of my old maps since this project started and I am the one who added most maps but there are other mappers that came close :-D

Aztek, Monster Camp, Castle of Secrets, Dog Map, Wet Dreams, Hell Castle, Quake World, Prison Camp, Antivirus, Memory of E4M4, Navy and Airship

a good deal of them were concept maps that were mammoth projects and I have been mapping almost non-stop like a crazy person the whole time this project has been actively accepting maps :-D

I found a new way to make forcefields in UDMF with my latest map (Prison Camp)

Edited by CBM

Well darn, so much for the second map, and I was liking how it was turning out.

current snapshot of ramp has scripting issues, that prevents GZDoom from running it at all right now ...

Script error, "RAMP-SNAPSHOT.pk3:zscript.hub" line 103:
Unknown identifier 'ypositions'
Script error, "RAMP-SNAPSHOT.pk3:zscript.hub" line 112:
Script error, "RAMP-SNAPSHOT.pk3:zscript.hub" line 156:

2 hours ago, CBM said:

Just for the record: AFAIK David has not promised anyone a rose garden yet, or a RAMP 2 for that matter.

One can hope for/look forward to the possibility, but don't clear your calendars just yet.

fixed forcefields in quake world (I now know of 3 ways to make forcefields), changed poly doors in aztek to wooden doors and added a tad more detail and changed a few items

1 hour ago, DavidN said:

Upgrade your GZDoom

okay, I just downloaded GZDoom version 4.6.0 and I can confirm that the latest snapshot does indeed work in this version of GZDoom

Great :)

@CBM I think I've got pretty much all your textures included now. Does MAP98 Wet Dreams... work? I can't make head or tail of it

200 maps..........

I'm seriously fucking impressed for this TITAN of a project. Like, all respect for the leader and the mappers.

I salute all of you.