Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Lighting up your keyboard.

One of the biggest problems I have while playing FPS are the reflextions that show up in the dark shaddows, if I turn the lights off the monitor becomes too bright. so I dim the lights but I sometimes have a hard time seeing the keyboard. I mean I don't need to look at it most of the time, but sometimes you need to press that key that's all the way over there.. and if you press the wrong one you may end up doing something stupid in a heated firefight, like pull out your RPG unstead of a machine gun, in a up close firefight.

So I'v decided that I'm going to light up my keyboard in one of the following ways...

#1) buy a cold neon chathod light.

#2) buy an Illuminated keyboeard.

I'm trying to look at the pros and con's of both

#1)
Pro-I can get an erogonomic keyboard that's not noisy

Con- light may not light it up as evenly and a illuminated keyboard, Expensive $100 US

#2)
Pro-light's up evenly garranteed/ no hassle installation required.

Con-not available in erogonomic design/noisy key's/ a little pricey!

Dude get one of those rope lights. Replace the top cover of your keybord with a see though one and put the rope ligts in the keybord. make sure the rope light is veay thin.

Or make it so your room isn't completely dark. Put a little light on our near your desk, just make sure the light doesn't shine into your eyes or the monitor directly.

It's bad for your eyes to use a computer in a very dark room. The constant extreme contrast that inevitably occurs when looking back and forth between the screen and elsewhere... Well, you know the rest.

AndrewB said:

Well, you know the rest.

Dead behind your pc giving violence games an even worse reputation

Lord FlatHead said:

Or make it so your room isn't completely dark. Put a little light on our near your desk, just make sure the light doesn't shine into your eyes or the monitor directly.

Yea, I have an indirect light, which is soft enough to not bother me in games, but bright enough so I can see.

I tryed the whole light in a keybord thing and its realy cool. No im starting to mod my tower.i think that a tower with windows and lights makes your key bord looks boring.That why i did it.