Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfwin

I want to play and record videos of your WADs!

Nice! I like your vids and I'm on vacation right now good deal. Take this offer guys. And thanks for the vids of my maps 🤠☝️🍀💪🥳

Dread Moon would be my preference (MAP02 moreso than MAP01) but it's GZDoom/EE and has custom enemies

Hell Keep Redux is a single map and Boom compatible and even Vanilla textured so you may prefer it.

Good to see some more playtesting threads! 

One thing: Since everybody has their own gameplay style and skill level, it'd probably be best to specify what kind of stuff you're into. Do you like hard, constrained maps, or easy "classic" maps? Slaughtermaps? Puzzles? Niche/platforming? It is important for the mapper to know who they're giving their stuff to and how their map will be viewed, if you catch my drift.

I might drop some stuff in here later on. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Dunn (& Dunn) said:

One thing: Since everybody has their own gameplay style and skill level, it'd probably be best to specify what kind of stuff you're into. Do you like hard, constrained maps, or easy "classic" maps? Slaughtermaps? Puzzles? Niche/platforming? It is important for the mapper to know who they're giving their stuff to and how their map will be viewed, if you catch my drift.

That's a good point, but I kind of want to see a variety of map styles.  That said, I expect that tightly-focused vanilla-gameplay maps with some clever traps and spicy difficulty will go over best with me - but that's far from the only thing I like.

This looks cool for people who need it. I think I might as well beg for a thing:

I'm planning on making this map part of a larger set along with "Inner Ward" that I posted a while ago. I can't say the fights are particularly clever.

This is a great idea - we can always use more dedicated playtesters. I can vouch as to the quality of @Orcsbreath's playthroughs - the feedback given greatly helped me when I was making my single-player episode.

Won't be able to submit you a map, as I mostly map deathmatch stuff now, but I'll still keep an eye on this thread for new videos! :)

Both of these are UDMF for GZDoom, but play like classic Doom. Both are on the easier side of the spectrum; the first wad is a more classic experience and consists of two maps, and the second is...well, like a wave shooter with a Pac Man theme (single level). No reason to prioritize these, but I hope you enjoy them if they make the cut!

Here's a short vanilla Doom 2 map (tested with Chocolate Doom) that is heavily inspired by Thy Flesh Consumed, both appearance and gameplay-wise (and also some inspired by Plutonia gameplay-wise). I made it a little while ago but hadn't yet posted it because I want to make a set of similar styled maps and post the whole set together. After seeing this thread, though, I thought you would be a great person to test out the first map I've finished for it, if you're up for it!

EDIT: I've finished making a few more maps for this set (currently up to 5) and have added them to the WAD, so feel free to play as many or as few as you're inclined to play. They're all on the shorter side, but UV can be rather spicy and unforgiving. The first few maps are meant to capture a similar kind of tension as E4M1 and E4M2 but be a step up in difficulty, with a hint of Plutonia-esque cruelty. (Thanks @Biodegradable and @DaxxAlabel for testing an earlier version out). Thanks in advance for playing, if you decide to! 

Ruination.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

scrn1.jpg.35d9b16a6e5add273dbcf39e081a73c8.jpgscrn2.jpg.0072e480ad1d28878fe0df3da0c4d68f.jpgscrn4.jpg.3c27e127345a484760f2af95d51477d6.jpgscrn5.jpg.b3220e55d59aca96eaed7eefe027dd86.jpgscrn7.jpg.16e7e45599f5588e15016c6604ce799e.jpg

scrn8.jpg.fc5ce0dd51f58402a500cb376dfd8aef.jpgscrn9.jpg.cd7ac001293966b8179925dbe8db2d6d.jpg

Edited by Fiendish

Oh wow, it’s looking like not only are we gonna get helpful playthroughs, but that this thread is also going to be an excellent source of vanilla extract :o

If you get the time or inclination, I’d like to see the final version of this played through. Pure vanilla of course, with a light smattering of dehacked work. Screenshots are there too:

Nice! These are my 2 published maps. They have vanilla-syle gameplay (no jumping, no freelook) and I believe they could meet your criteria of clever traps/spicy difficulty.

MAP01 runs on Chocolate Doom, MAP02 requires a limit removing source port (damn visplanes), tested on PrBoom+. I prefer MAP02.

Screenshots in the original thread.

Would love to see you playthrough :)

Will be pleased if you try to play my last map. It has vanilla gameplay with some spicy twists

(and i wanna see how much secrets you can find ;)

Edited by neurocore

hi! Great initiative.

I've uploaded my first official release last week: Slith, a 4-map mini-wad with vanilla textures and plutonia-like gameplay (CL2). Runs great under Crispy Doom. 

Each level is balanced to be pistol started. If you only want to play 1 level I'd recommend MAP02 or MAP03.

Find it here

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/122961-slith-four-levels-with-an-unique-aesthetic/

Screenshot_Doom_20210203_172431.png

Hey there! If you'd like, here's a couple .WADs of mine:

Sanity's Eclipse requires ZDoom or derivatives due to custom enemies but it mostly play like vanilla DOOM (freelook can be safely avoided). Maps tend to last quite a bit but I wouldn't be opposed to levels getting reviewed/recorded one by one (in that case they wouldn't have to be played one after the other, do as you wish).

2560 is more of an experimental .WAD I've done some time ago, it's probably not super balanced and has a lot of gimmicks but I've never got any actual feedback for it. It should, however, work with most ports since it doesn't make use of anything fancy (it was tested with ZDoom default compatibility). It's 7 maps but they go very quickly, if you don't restart too many times it can take as much as 1h for the entire thing.

I would like you to play my map. It's really awesome that you are doing this I really appreciate it. I made a map called the forgotten base it has been trough many updates and many feedback and I think it has been improved but maybe I could even more so I am very curious of what you will think of it. 

you can find i here: 

There are some screenshots there as well. It is totally not vanilla compatible (sorry for that). You will need to use gzdoom cause it uses some of it's features. I still hope you will like it.

P.S.: don't forget to download the textures as well

Edited by azerty

I am gradually making maps for my personal megawad called Hell Frontier. I'm not asking you to play first 11 maps, but I would appreciate more eyes on my recently made MAP12. If you were to play previous 11 maps, it would also be nice, but not really a priority, since they were released a long time ago.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2345260

If you are in the mood for some Boom Megawads, I would also ask you to play Skulltiverse, but from your post I got the impression you prefer neither Boom nor Megawads.

Hi!

Not long time ago Chainie, I and DukeofDoom made a collab map, roughly saying, it's somewhat meant for PRCP2.

So it uses Doom2 as IWAD and prcp2tex to run and is Boom-compatible.

We've received feedback from two guys but their opinions on ammo/health balance are slightly different.

Name: "Painlord"

Mapslot here: 12

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pspk36dfnjj7ajy/painlord.wad?dl=1

Screenshots:

image.png

image.png

Might not play too much to your preferences but i'll throw my wad in the hat as well. Bloodflow is a GZDoom megawad that tries to retain that classic feel while taking advantage of GZdoom features such as portals and 3D floors. This does mean you'll have to play in Hardware Accelerated in order to render some of the effects. Give it a go. Its plenty spicy :)

Currently 18 completed maps. 

Maps: 

A Beginner's Nightmare

Incidental Combat Test 1

Combat Puzzle 1

Aesthetics Testing 1

Format: Boom

You can easily find them here.

Edited by Jacek Bourne

Loved the playthrough of Clippy's map. Hot start indeed, but something I'd like to take for a spin at some point. I'm definitely tossing that one into my map folder. 

Looking forward to the next one @Orcsbreath, great stuff!

On 7/8/2021 at 12:06 AM, Doomkid said:

Oh wow, it’s looking like not only are we gonna get helpful playthroughs, but that this thread is also going to be an excellent source of vanilla extract :o

I have started recording a playthrough of your wad... next time I'm gonna do commented :)

Maybe soon other people's wads as well xd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9F602YcrJU

Oh man, this is more submissions than I was expecting!  Unfortunately it's likely that not every map can make the cut - at one WAD per week, it'd take ages to play them all!  I get the feeling that choosing which ones to play is gonna be the hardest part of this whole endeavor (although it's probably gonna be mostly "first come, first serve").

I'll record the first video tonight, and post it on Wednesday!