Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Whats The Weirdest Dream You've Ever Had?

Today I just dreamt that Satan itself got into Smash Bros. I was thinking to myself, "Wow, this is the stupidest dream I've had in a while", and I thought, "Hmm, stupidest and weirdest dreams you've ever had? Sounds like prime Everything Else material!" So, yeah... Can still remember any funny stuff?

I had a dream where i was respected by people and respected my true origins.

Crude dream, if that, when i woke up.

Not in the real world, atleast...

I dreamed that people and my family members actually loved me, then I realized that it was a dream because of that last part and woke up. Oh well, at least my pet snake loves me.

Just last night I actually had a really ridiculous dream that was kind of related to Doomworld. There was a (real) DW user who I've never talked to here but who I met in the dream, he was friendly and we were talking casually for a while but then he started telling me a story about how his sister had to have some kind of radical surgery on her jaw to save her life which was successful, but disfigured her and made her basically psychopathic. He showed me some before and after photos and she was beautiful but after the surgery her jaw basically had no skin or flesh left on it and was held together with a huge metal bracket. I was walking through a large ornate mansion at dusk and had the sense that I was being stalked from a distance by the sister but never saw her. I made my way out to the back of the house where there was a gigantic overgrown garden. I got on a horse and had to hunt two large deer (elk or moose I think) and three black wolves in the garden with a bow and arrow for what I strongly felt was some kind of ritual to purify the mansion, but when I was just about to kill the last wolf I woke up. I think there was other stuff happening before that but it's all I can remember now.

I've got a handful of them that tie for the title of "Weirdest Dream", so I'll go with the most recent.  Keep in mind that in this dream there is a very sci-fi, long string sounding music in the background until near the end.

The dream starts out with a party climbing a mountain, approaching dusk.  The elements are brutal, heavy winds, blowing snow with an oncoming snowstorm, and the climbing team's morale and stamina is running low.  The team decide to set up camp for the night and bear down through the storm.  Most of the climbers are faceless except for two, one a sherpa and the other some kind of talking anthropomorphic sabre-tooth tiger that keeps changing shape between that and a bear on a circus ball.

The sherpa and the animal-person thing get into a fight while the rest of the party is resting, and the animal ends up shoving the sherpa off of the side of the mountain to their doom.  A rather cinematic scene fade out and fade in occurs showing the sherpa being mourned in a sarcophagus that looks really, really strangely like a giant animal cracker.  Keep in mind the weather has only gotten worse, it shows as the storm is baring down on the crew that for its treason they are executing the bear-tiger thing.  Another scene of another animal cracker sarcophagus shows.  The scene slowly changes from cinematic quality to claymation.  The snowstorm lets up in the middle of the night.  The crew cannot withstand the -60 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures with strong winds on top of it.  There is only one crew member left standing next to a dying fire, the rest have become animal crackers.  The slightly droning music in the background stops, and a loud bass drum hit occurs.  The camera pans to the darkness of the night sky except for the very bottom, showing the sole survivor and some of the snow on the mountain.  Echoing in the far distance can be heard a resonant "HOOOO HOOO HOOOOOOOOOO", and a giant green mitten reaching down to the mountain as the camera fades to black, and the sound comes to silence.

Evidently the plot took place on a frosted cookie the night of Christmas eve...

Edited by vyruss

I was watching a concert from an artist i don't want to mention, he was suddenly singing on a heavenly high pitched voice, it gave me a warm feeling and i woke up and said "That was ridiculous" and kept sleeping.

I've also had some ridiculous dreams, a flying book, meteor storms and alternate realities.

The one where my grandma asked me if she could teach me how to…amuse herself with a folding ruler

The dream ended before anything happened but I still feel unclean for ever having dreamed it

My dreams are all abstract nonsense w/ no meaning - there's never characters, never interesting events, just weird shit.

The last one I remember was me sitting in some kind of giant arena - but instead of people in the stands, there were just these weird-ass individually colored columns of light. Nothing was happening in the middle of the arena, so the columns of light just sat there angrily buzzing.

I was also for some reason on fire. I wasn't concerned a bit, though.

There was no sound, either, which sucked.

I've had this dream twice now. I'm standing in front of a large class and I'm supposed to be giving a speech or something. The room must have been at least 300 feet long and held hundreds of students. While I was speaking, I felt a chill go down my dream spine; a feeling that I shouldn't look at someone. This feeling made me paranoid and I started looking around the classroom for whoever it is I had the feeling about. Near the back, I saw them. A student who was just sitting like any other student around them, but their face was a blurred mess. Looking at or even near that student made me feel uneasy. It was the same feeling you'd get looking at a corpse. Besides that, the rest of the dream is uneventful. Not sure how or why I was in the class or why I was giving a speech. The dream didn't have an ending and I just woke up in a cold sweat after some time. Like I said, this dream has happened twice, each about a month apart around two years ago. They were the scariest dreams I ever had made more concerning with it happening twice.

There was also a dream where I was a robot flying around a lab for a bit but that's neither here or there.

Hoo, weird dreams. This is an interesting thred, I might dig up my old dream journal.

They're all as weird as each other. But the weirdest thing that happened to me was having this "inception" - like experience (yeah, I know it's a shitty movie) where I kept "waking up" into another dream for AGES, I must have falsely woken up around 70 times. I could actually hear what was happening in the real world, was sleeping in a tent working on a festival. But I just couldn't really wake up. I finally opened my eyes inside my tent, thinking " thank god it's over", opened the tents zipper to see a world with a green and pink sky with rocks floating in the air. I started thinking I was in a coma and would never wake up, till I did. But I half expected for the rest of the day that something impossible would happen and was still in a dream.

i once had a dream where i was being chased by a giant living piece of bread in an old abandoned facility

I actually almost never remember my dreams. But when I do, it can be memorable.

I remember one when I was a teenager. I was at the beach with my best friend, whose home was close to the beach, separately by an open field often used for sports. Suddenly, what I could only describe as an evil, demonic woman rose out of the ground. Being the noble wannabe heroes we were, we immediately gave chase. However, she gave us the slip. Suddenly, we both gave each other an "Oh shit" look as we remembered his half-brother and half-sister were home alone. We both took off running, crossing the field as fast as we could. The last thing I saw before waking up was the demonic woman staring at us from the front window of my friend's house.

Another time I dreamed that my Dad's somewhat on again off again partner whom I rarely saw or thought about at the time died. It was all very sudden and very sad. Dad was really upset and it hurt me to see him like that. Weirdly, not long after the dream this woman developed an abscess in her throat that she initially dismissed as a sore throat. However, it got worse and she was operated on to remove it. Had it gone on much longer, it would have sealed her airway shut. Weird coincidence for sure.

But probably the strangest was a kind of story within a dream. I dreamed I was back in some form of education, and the tutor gave us photos and said "Write a story about this photo". Mine was pretty bad - poorly composed and lit - but it basically showed a cliff high above a sandy beach. I was annoyed at first about the poor photo but then it hit me. A story about a haunting that started when a servant girl killed herself by jumping off the cliff, because she had been raped by a more upper class person and she did not believe justice would be done. Another upper class guy, who actually loved her, tried to talk her out of it but failed and saw her jump. This guy then goes and finds the asshole and straight out kills him. He is then executed for the crime.

When I woke up, I felt badly depressed. I was shocked how much the emotion of the dream affected me.

Now it gets weirder. I somehow knew the place involved was Dorchester in the UK. I had to Google it to make sure it actually existed, and was not a random creation of my brain. Who the hell sets a story in Dorchester? Any number of more popular and well known coastal areas in the UK. I must have read the name somewhere, but it would be a complete lie to say I knew much about the place. I could not even point to it on a map, let alone knew what it looked like. At least I thought I didn't. I do read and watch a lot about history so it's plausible I picked something up and my brain just pulled this particular place out of the hat for unknown reasons.

And now for the coup de grace of weird. I Googled "dorchester cliffs" on the image search. And fuck me sideways but the first image was a cliff that was a dead ringer for what I saw in the dream. Not precisely the same, but the same style. Cliff with green grass leading up to it, dropping down to a sandy beach.

So yeah. I don't even know where to start with this one. Just really strange.

I see so many weird dreams that it's hard to pick just one, though I sadly remember only select, small details from most of them. Some of the highlights over the years have been escaping from an island run by my high school music teacher, a vampire getting its intestines ripped out and a naked Devin Townsend.

I've had lots and lots of weird dreams in my life. It's very difficult for me to describe them.

Ever encounter a sea creature that sounds like a fucking ELEPHANT?! (And no, I'm not talking about elephant seals.)

4 hours ago, Murdoch said:

I actually almost never remember my dreams. But when I do, it can be memorable.

Same here. I rarely remember any of my dreams. This one is probably not the weirdest... lol

This one time I had a dream where I was in my bedroom and outside was very bright for some reason. I heard on the radio that a meteor was going to hit the city. So I went outside where the sky was all lit up from this meteor. Where I live is mostly forest but in my dream it was all city-scape with skyscrapers, like it was 100 years in the future. I was walking the streets trying to tell people that a meteor was coming but nobody seemed to care. I met a girl trying to get a soda / pop out of a vending machine. I convinced her to get away but I had to get her a drink from the machine first but she agreed to leave.... I woke up after that.

I don't really think it was that weird, but it still stuck with me. I "woke up" while still in the dream to find a load of goldfish floating around my bed. I saw my mother a few rooms over, and asked her to come over to determine whether she could see them as well and if she had any explanation if she did. She could see them, but she couldn't understand them any better than I did. Later I "woke up" into another dream again, and I was telling someone else about what I'd dreamed. They asked if the goldfish felt fluffy when I touched them, and I said, "no, they felt kind of crispy." Presumably if they'd felt fluffy that person would have had an explanation for it.

Last night @Doomkid was showing me a cool gray castle, and for whatever reason he kept proudly saying how it was vanilla-compatible. It looked like something out of Rowdy Rudy.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, DSC said:

Whats The Weirdest Dream You've Ever Had?

You wouldn't want to know.

It's hard to choose one, my dreams are either an entire original cinematic universe or stanky touhou fanfiction.

I just had a pretty weird dream:

Nuclear power becomes so commonplace that everyone in the world decides to celebrate by role-playing for one week. Everyone in the world is now playing different characters. Example - the Vinesauce streamers Imakuni and Limes become witches who fly around the land looking for wide open spaces, once they find those spaces - they inform the Vinesauce streamer Revscarecrow who role-plays as a superhero who's gimmick is that he does peoples laundry and basically runs around open fields jamming poles with clotheslines everywhere because fuck Nintendo (I don't know why, that's just his motivation as a superhero). My family members became hunter-gatherers and I became a neanderthal who was impregnated by aliens. I had an alien son - who I sold to LinusTechTips for karate lessons because he was a master of karate. Once I became proficient in karate - I decided to become a guardian of a specific dirt road, anyone who walked through the road got their ass kicked by me. After one week - everyone stopped what they were doing, put on a tie, adjusted it and said "Well... that was fun! Time to go back to work!". Everything went back to normal, I stopped defending the road and turned back into a homo-sapient. The dream ended with me going up to Linus and asking: "So... What did you do with my alien son?", he said: "I ate him!", my response: "Nice!". Then the dream ended.

I think this dream might have been the result of a heatstroke. 

I had a bad dream that involved an ex girlfriend randomly inconveniencing my life but I remember waking up and going through the motions of getting ready for work, then my alarm went off and I actually woke up to get ready for work lol.