Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RiviTheWarlock

[NOW ON IDGAMES] Fragor Portum, 5 Space Base Boom Levels for DOOM 2

Maps 1 and 2 are some really good stuff IMO. Architecturally good-looking, clear flow through the level and difficulty & monster positioning that is fun to play against.

As far as the map 3 goes, I'll say that huge open area maps are not really my cup of tea but I think it was alright and finished it nonetheless. :)

Really fun set of challenging maps, mate. I had a blast playing through 'em. Your combat is varied and interesting, the progression is straightforward and your designs, layout and texture work are great fun. It gave me some Build engine vibes at times with the more realistic room/areas of the last map especially. Really awesome stuff!

13 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Really fun set of challenging maps, mate. I had a blast playing through 'em. Your combat is varied and interesting, the progression is straightforward and your designs, layout and texture work are great fun. It gave me some Build engine vibes at times with the more realistic room/areas of the last map especially. Really awesome stuff!

Build engine vibes huh? Just wait until the 4th map ;) Not CENTCOM, I forget I left CENTCOM in lol.

Edited by RiviTheWarlock

51 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/895982497

Playthrough starts at 2:26:42. Decent mapset overall, nice use of OTEX. Got softlocked by running into the fountain on map 3 before the intended lowering. The 'fake toilet' doors also weren't appreciated when enemy projectiles are concerned.

I'll make sure to fix the soft lock in the next version, which will be out as soon as I finish Map 4. Also as I mentioned before, I literally forgot about Map 4, that's why it's still in the WAD even though I only made the start of it.

Edited by RiviTheWarlock

The Github has been updated, so the same link still works.

Additions:

- Added MAP03 "Blue-Line Beatdown"

Changes / Fixes:

* Fixed soft-lock in MAP04's fountain

- Moved "Civilian Center" to the MAP04 slot

- Changed MAP01's song from "Underworld" to "Rage" (still a Quake 2 song, but Rage loops much better)

- Changed MAP02's song from "Gun Pointed to the Head of the Universe" to "Clay" by Jimmy 

- Changed MAP04's song from "Goin' Down the Fast Way" to "Redshift" by Jimmy

- Changed the Title song from "Fiddler on the Green" to "Catnip Forest" by Bloo

- Changed the Intermission song from "Out on the Water" to "Lunar Transit" by Jimmy

Why did I change all the songs? Many of the songs were just midi renditions of non-midi songs. These new songs (which the exception of Rage) were made specifically for the midi format, and are as a result higher quality. A few songs were also the work of bands whose labels are known to abuse DMCA (despite the fact this is a non-commercial project and would fall under fair-use), so to be safe I swapped them out to the works of community members who allow their works to be used.

Version 0.1.2 is now on my Github

Additions:
- Added the Chaingun from Bourgeois Deathmatch
     * Sports a sleek black finish
     * Fires at a faster rate
- Credits have been updated to include credits for sound and sprite replacements

Changes / Fixes:

- Removed the Doom 64 pistol sound (may re-add later, can't decide)
- Fixed enemies from lower difficulties appearing on UV on MAP03

Just now, RiviTheWarlock said:

Version 0.1.2 is now on my Github

Additions:
- Added the Chaingun from Bourgeois Deathmatch
     * Sports a sleek black finish
     * Fires at a faster rate
- Credits have been updated to include credits for sound and sprite replacements

Changes / Fixes:

- Removed the Doom 64 pistol sound (may re-add later, can't decide)
- Fixed enemies from lower difficulties appearing on UV on MAP03

I would also like to thank @Doomkid et al. for allowing assets from Bourgeois Deathmatch to be used under Creative Commons (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)

On 3/16/2021 at 11:54 PM, RiviTheWarlock said:

MAP 5 SOON, it's turning out to be my biggest and hardest map yet

wip.png.fb6148467a8662a25d317fe8116db83f.png

Okay maybe Map 05 was less soon than I thought, but thank christ I finally managed to complete this project after so much procrastination.

I just finished this. I had fun, thanks for making it.

I should note that I couldn't figure out what you wanted me to do at the end of the train. I couldn't find a way over to the other car so I jumped.

6 hours ago, Bryan T said:

I just finished this. I had fun, thanks for making it.

I should note that I couldn't figure out what you wanted me to do at the end of the train. I couldn't find a way over to the other car so I jumped.

Haha yeah the door you're supposed to jump to is a car down, I tried signposting it in different ways but the only somewhat good solution I could find is putting a sign that literally says 'JUMP' over the door lol

I just finished playing this set. It was pretty neat I really liked all levels and enjoyed the action.

I did have a couple of problems with map05 though:

• A couple of enemies got stuck on the upper conveyor in the orange section
  • I'm not quite sure if intended, but the hell knights at the end of the orange section took too long to spawn, to the point I almost killed the cyberdemon when they started spawning.
  • Pressing the key switches too fast breaks the bfg platform and it never lowers (in my case going from the green to the pink switch broke it, as they were the last ones I needed to press)
  • The last fight can be cheesed pretty hard by starting an infight and just hiding in one of the keycard areas (specially the orange section).

In map03 you can skip the instakill trigger if you just stand on the yellow and black beams closer to the first train.

Apart from those small problems, it was pretty fun!

I played through most of this, I really loved the trains & the Civilian Center map. I don't have much constructive to add, other than saying nice maps, keep it up!

On 4/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, BlipBlerp said:

I just finished playing this set. It was pretty neat I really liked all levels and enjoyed the action.

I did have a couple of problems with map05 though:

• A couple of enemies got stuck on the upper conveyor in the orange section
  • I'm not quite sure if intended, but the hell knights at the end of the orange section took too long to spawn, to the point I almost killed the cyberdemon when they started spawning.
  • Pressing the key switches too fast breaks the bfg platform and it never lowers (in my case going from the green to the pink switch broke it, as they were the last ones I needed to press)
  • The last fight can be cheesed pretty hard by starting an infight and just hiding in one of the keycard areas (specially the orange section).

In map03 you can skip the instakill trigger if you just stand on the yellow and black beams closer to the first train.

Apart from those small problems, it was pretty fun!

Right now I'm preparing for Final Exams, but these will definitely be included in my check list for things to change for RC2

RC2 Changes: 

Spoiler

* Fixed being able to cheese the final fight by running into the key rooms
* Made key moving floors work properly with ZDoom derived ports
* Fixed timer on Map 05

Gonna give this a go: love me some OTEX tech bases!

okay so, i actually like the shotgun secret for a reason i'm sure you didn't intend, deathmatching. the whole of map01 gave me really good DM vibes, especially that chaingunner imp ambush room. map02 was definitely a great feeling similar. so far i'm truly enjoying the wad and hoping that it gets bigger (which i know it will, but for deathmatching as well because i'm selfish and i feel like DM needs more love as of late, doomkid & friends can't do it all *wink*)

MAP01: Pretty nice. Ran around a lot from enemies but there wasn't much trouble even on UV.

MAP02: Also played well, a few more challenges and I liked the hub area.
MAP03: I wasn't able to complete this level. I think the problem here is there seems to be no sector tagged 15 and no other way to get to the other train (the one just after the archviles) and none of the other doors are opening.

MAP04: Most fun level so far, however linedefs 6401, 6414, 6451, 6454, 6457, 6460, are all W1 so only one monster in each closet comes in.

MAP05: Neat six-key setpiece slaughter-lite level, with the BFG battle and the orange key area being standouts.

I liked it overall. But another thing that is bothering me about the set as a whole, and I'm actually not sure if it's my end or not, but none of the switch textures or animated falls/liquids seem to be animating.

16 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

MAP01: Pretty nice. Ran around a lot from enemies but there wasn't much trouble even on UV.

MAP02: Also played well, a few more challenges and I liked the hub area.
MAP03: I wasn't able to complete this level. I think the problem here is there seems to be no sector tagged 15 and no other way to get to the other train (the one just after the archviles) and none of the other doors are opening.

MAP04: Most fun level so far, however linedefs 6401, 6414, 6451, 6454, 6457, 6460, are all W1 so only one monster in each closet comes in.

MAP05: Neat six-key setpiece slaughter-lite level, with the BFG battle and the orange key area being standouts.

I liked it overall. But another thing that is bothering me about the set as a whole, and I'm actually not sure if it's my end or not, but none of the switch textures or animated falls/liquids seem to be animating.

I just checked and my dumbass forgot to update the ANIMATED def after I removed all the unused textures in preparation for uploading to IDGAMEs. Fixing it right now.

5 hours ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

I just checked and my dumbass forgot to update the ANIMATED def after I removed all the unused textures in preparation for uploading to IDGAMEs. Fixing it right now.

It's fixed now and I sent the archive maintainers an updated file. If you download the file and they haven't updated yet get the file from my github: https://github.com/victorgasior3/Fragor-Portum

Archive is updated

Edited by RiviTheWarlock

I need help completing map 5 in Fragor Portum fragorp.wad. I am stuck at the switch that you press after finding the keys. Where do I go next?

Screenshot_Doom_20210711_011524.png.ffdaec2ba3f503ce1d7c881e6adecc78.png

I was stuck here for a bit too. I believe either some closets open up (that might come later) or something ends up lowering. The thing triggered is in or adjacent to that central room. I know that at least.

On 7/11/2021 at 12:23 AM, FireWarden1000 said:

I need help completing map 5 in Fragor Portum fragorp.wad. I am stuck at the switch that you press after finding the keys. Where do I go next?

Screenshot_Doom_20210711_011524.png.ffdaec2ba3f503ce1d7c881e6adecc78.png

The main console under the window in the main center room opens