Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

The world's most expensive burger has just been created

I do have a serious question though... does the gold flake stuff they use on food like this even taste good? Does it have a taste? 

Just now, Kurogachii said:

I think the easy answer to this burger is the fact that having boatloads of money makes you a "conformist" in the sense that the "quality and price" factor doesn't matter anymore, this burger as far of being a burger is just an investment for those that can afford it, in other words, it's a sham!

For the rich idiots who buy this kind of junk, it's less of an investment and more an example of conspicuous consumption. For all that the ingredients are as expensive as fuck, it doesn't actually sound like a burger that tastes good.

1 minute ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Yeah i can get behind that but still that burger he or she made nope.

I totally agree... I wouldnt eat that burger even if I got payed to eat it

Just now, Kurogachii said:

I think the easy answer to this burger is the fact that having boatloads of money makes you a "conformist" in the sense that the "quality and price" factor doesn't matter anymore, this burger as far of being a burger is just an investment for those that can afford it, in other words, it's a sham!

#Freetheburger! Free the burger! That would be a great hashtag of twitter lol

2 minutes ago, Smoothandz said:

I do have a serious question though... does the gold flake stuff they use on food like this even taste good? Does it have a taste? 

Gold is notable for its lack of reactivity to most substances; it's very good at keeping its lustre without having to be polished or alloyed with other metals. This is why it doesn't taste of anything. It will pass through the system untouched.

4 minutes ago, Smoothandz said:

good question... I have a picture in my head now of a dude tasting this burger filled with gold dust while stroking his nipples... I have seen too many cartoons :-)

cable-company-employees-nipples-south-pa

1 minute ago, NoXion said:

Gold is notable for its lack of reactivity to most substances; it's very good at keeping its lustre without having to be polished or alloyed with other metals. This is why it doesn't taste of anything. It will pass through the system untouched.

Wow, so the gold does nothing for the taste?!?! I thought maybe there was some kinda reason, but in reality they are slapping gold all over it for shits and or giggles. 

6 minutes ago, CBM said:

good question... I have a picture in my head now of a dude tasting this burger filled with gold dust while touching his nipples... I have seen too many cartoons :-)

HA! Now, if we could only get an artist to bring this to life, it would make a great avatar photo!

14 minutes ago, CBM said:

good question... I have a picture in my head now of a dude tasting this burger filled with gold dust while stroking his nipples... I have seen too many cartoons :-)

cable-company-employees-nipples-south-pa

*bites into gross ass burger and starts rubbing there nipples* Mmmmmmm so goooooooooooood! lol

Sorry as soon as i saw this picture i couldn't stop laughing.

7 minutes ago, Smoothandz said:

Wow, so the gold does nothing for the taste?!?! I thought maybe there was some kinda reason, but in reality they are slapping gold all over it for shits and or giggles. 

HA! Now, if we could only get an artist to bring this to life, it would make a great avatar photo!

Careful what you wish for man, i'm pretty sure there's going to be a wad base off of this burger.........Oh god please no.

I would be honestly surprised if there hasn't been at least one "DoomBurger" WAD, perhaps as a Doom version of DN3D's Duke Burger level.

Careful what you wish for man, i'm pretty sure there's going to be a wad base off of this burger.........Oh god please no.

the gross burger wad featuring pictures of men pleasuring their nipples

2 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

unnamed.jpg.0712651098c57a6ce306cf938b2deb2b.jpg

10 minutes ago, CBM said:

the gross burger wad featuring pictures of men pleasuring their nipples

Nah man, it's doom guy eating it and rubbing his nipples while the demons run around puking all over and screaming lol.

Nah man, it's doom guy eating it and rubbing his nipples while the demons run around puking all over and screaming lol.

reminds me of the mod where doomguy defeats demons by peeing on them and throwing feces after them lol

It's just meat and bread, I don't know why they have to overengineer everything, the 2nd image just reminds me of the Breaking Bad intro, although I probably have more respect for meth addicts than I do anyone who is going to spend 5 grand on a burger

45 minutes ago, Smoothandz said:

they are slapping gold all over it for shits

Well, eventually that's where it will end up.

2 hours ago, Sena said:

It's just meat and bread, I don't know why they have to overengineer everything, the 2nd image just reminds me of the Breaking Bad intro, although I probably have more respect for meth addicts than I do anyone who is going to spend 5 grand on a burger

In US currency, it's $5,890.28.

Caviar on a burger is an immediate red flag. No one eats caviar because they like it. People eat caviar to show how rich they are to their other rich friends.

Looks like ass and probably tastes like old socks and cheese.

So once you eat this and then shit it out, your turd's probably worth at least $500 or so, right?

Nope. No way. Can't. Never. Fuck that. Gonna deny that waste of fucking money. I'd take a whopper quad anyday (haven't ate it yet but......some-fucking-day I will)...

image.png.d98aba5f89b87c44312c7bf43a5d39bc.png

7 hours ago, [McD]James said:

The world's most expensive burger has just been created

mcp.thumb.jpg.800c2622c1ebf74b2b119ca74d088070.jpg.961ee4fcaeb8e422227a269e78971637.jpg

K den.

it's Common Filth -Excess on top of excess is a sickness of higher ups not knowing where they can stop.  Then we have people that tout this as the goal of life as attention seeking, while the rest who don't care is forced fed this crap.   That's why I don't look to or think about it- it does not exist in my world.

10 hours ago, Smoothandz said:

I've had the questionable privilege of getting around to eating a dessert with some gold leafs on it, and in terms of taste, as pointed out already, you'll not going to get much of anything... That being said, what you will get is what I would call a (potentially) weird mouthfeel, because, at least in my imagination, I may have had some gold stuck to my teeth and whatnot... Whether or not that is an experience that is worth the investment (though, just to note, I've been invited to it, didn't buy it myself), is a different question entirely. And for me personally, it's not worth the money in any way shape or form... Also, because some people may wonder: You're not going to lay golden eggs all of a sudden. Curiosity compelled me to check, because our digestive system can't really do much to gold, and wouldn't you know it? Shit looked the same as ever, but I'm not sure it'll be the same with as much gold as is on that burger...

Now, for some of the other comments here, I get that wealth flexes are pretty annoying, but at the same time, not everybody who ingests a burger worth several thousands of dollars is going to flex it until kingdom come... Someone I happen to know wanted to gamble 10,000$ away in Las Vegas some day (more or less), not to flex how they lost all that money at the poker table, but because they wanted to just have that experience for themselves... What some people want, and in some respect I belong into that category, but for very different reasons, is a sense of getting their hands on something exclusive, or just creating the strange "I've spent 7k on a burger that day" kind of memory for themselves, and chances are that those kinds of people won't brag about having "burned" that much money on practically nothing tangible in the end...

Moving on to caviar, and that people only eat it because it's expensive, not because it tastes good, you realize people have different tastes, right..?

Tell you what, I get that there is a lot of reason to despise people who happen to be able to afford stuff like that burger on a somewhat regular basis, and if I saw Bezos order one of those, along with some expensive bottle of champagne, I'd be pretty pissed off too, because we know how he earns his money... But, as for many others who might be interested in trying that abomination just once: You don't know shit about these people, much less how they earn their money, how they live, or how fairly they treat their employees if they even happen to have any, so cut it the with the "fat-wallet-shaming" until you know where that money comes from...