Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnknDoomer

The oldest active Doom member

There is still enough 40+ folks here for sure, I suppose. But does any "documented facts" available about oldest one? Like perhaps someone that started a journey of gaming long before of original Doom release with his Atari 2600 or so?...

56 now, but I started FPS gaming with Doom in '95 so definitely not the oldest gaming 'career'. Unless you count the 1976 table tennis TV game we had as kids :) Anyhow, there's folks older than me on this forum, can't remember who offhand.

26. So, I started with Wolfenstein 3D when I was a young kid, then got into Doom.

I know two gentlemen here who are in their 60s, but I don't know if they're sensitive about their age so I'm not going out them like that hehe. They can do that themselves if they want to. Personally, I think the fact we have a good handful of active Elders here to be really cool. We've got quite the diverse community. :^)

39.5 years old and mapping since mid 1996 when I was 14 so certainly not the oldest.

I'll make a bold statement and say that while I'm nowhere near the oldest, I'm probably the youngest. Currently 15 years old.

41.. i started playing doom in 1993 till 1997, then on and off till 2000, there's a big whole and i restarted a couple of years again (doom were always on my blood hehe). I started in '93 whit my brother ( 3 years younger ) in a 386.. i remember putting the screen smaller to running doom with more fps. Next step was a 486 Dx2.. that was a big step thouse days :D

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

I'm not sensitive about my age. I'll be 63 next month, Dooming since '95, and mapping since '96. I reckon I'm here for the duration, or at least until I start mumbling into my soup. ;)

Hell yeah, Steve. That's the spirit!

29 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

He’s been gone for quite a long time now - leading many members, including myself, to worry about him - but @GreyGhost would be knocking on 70’s door soon I believe. (Please come back GG...!)

I’m old in Doom years, but not actually that old (29). Started playing Doom in 96, playing wads in 98/99, and mapping in 2001. 

I'm 41 and played a lot of wads as well in the late 90s as well as created several levels in that nightmare that was edmap for ms-dos (I have remade most of the old levels of mine that I could find, using udb in the last couple of years)

its only recently that I returned to mapping and had to learn udb (still learning how to use it)

I think I've seen greyghost on the forums in the 2.5 years I've been a member here... or am I just delusional?

Edited by CBM : lat replaced with last

23 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I’m old in Doom years, but not actually that old (29). Started playing Doom in 96, playing wads in 98/99, and mapping in 2001. 

I started playing Doom in 1996, but I didn't start playing PWADs until 2018...I still have so much to catch up on.

If Grouchbag is still kickin, I'd wager she's one of the oldest if not THE oldest Doomer I remember seeing around, if not then a solemn F for respects you rad granny!

[edit]Looks like she's goin by @Widow now, but yeah she was 61 in 2012 so she's definitely giving @GreyGhost a run for his money :)

Edited by Annunakitty

2 hours ago, SynDoom said:

I'll make a bold statement and say that while I'm nowhere near the oldest, I'm probably the youngest. Currently 15 years old.

I know at least one member that's younger than you.

As for me, 36 later this month. Probably first played Doom around 9 or 10, a year or two after it came out. (Didn't have a PC until years and years later.)

The late Ty Halderman struck me for his late age whilst vitally important to this community. So that's that.

Laz Rojas comes to mind, as a man in the late 50's.

30, by the way. And boy do i feel that age.

...wait this isn't the "share your IQ" thread?

I mapped a lot in the 90's, came back to it in late 2000's, stopped 5 years ago. May or may not take it up again. Playing Doom on and off since it first came out. First game was tennis on a black and white TV. The controllers were just little green boxes with red dials, for moving the tennis "players" up and down.

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

30, by the way. And boy do i feel that age.

So perfectly fine?

14 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

So perfectly fine?

As in reaching adulthood 10 years too late? Perhaps :P

As in being at odds with people of similar age who don't? Maybe :P

31 here. Have started play Doom when was a kid. Have had original version of three episodes that comes from sort of local shareware / database CD's. More tangibly later I got acquainted with four episodes, Doom II and later other things such as Master Levels. I wandered to certain portals for a long time as a guest, doomworld included.

00e622f60804t.jpg

Few days ago finished my activities in Borderlands 3 related to rare achievements. The fancy gray-haired tattooed young lady on the right is the character of a friend that with I've played coop with. Guy somewhere from the USA, Arizona and he is 59 years old.

It's a well-known fact that @Doomkid is 666 years old.

@Endless, and, which not many have noticed before, the one that have no text in rank field. Or you can see it only when solar eclipse on Mars arises... Who knows for sure...

Edited by UnknDoomer