Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Doomworld Maximum Project 2021 - On IdGames!

Sign me up if this is still open for slots! I guess map slots don't matter then, besides MAP07 and 30?

3 hours ago, Shambles said:

Sign me up if this is still open for slots! I guess map slots don't matter then, besides MAP07 and 30?

Yeah, I am pretty sure. You can make a Icon Of Sin/Dead Simple map, they just need to occupy a different slot, like I did in my post above.

2 hours ago, Shambles said:

2 hours ago, Paf said:

Yeah, I am pretty sure. You can make a Icon Of Sin/Dead Simple map, they just need to occupy a different slot, like I did in my post above.

Given the nature of the Doomworld Maximum Project, there's no guarantee that your map would end up in a particular slot; the map order will depend on how Obsidian decides to compile the maps. If the order is similar to past projects like this, it will be a combination of format and submission date. Thus, if you make a map that relies on one of the things that are hard-coded for those slots, there's a very good chance that your map will end up in a different map slot and will be broken. You'd be better off designing a map that can work in any map slot, regardless of the overall aesthetic.

16 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Given the nature of the Doomworld Maximum Project, there's no guarantee that your map would end up in a particular slot; the map order will depend on how Obsidian decides to compile the maps. If the order is similar to past projects like this, it will be a combination of format and submission date. Thus, if you make a map that relies on one of the things that are hard-coded for those slots, there's a very good chance that your map will end up in a different map slot and will be broken. You'd be better off designing a map that can work in any map slot, regardless of the overall aesthetic.

I definitely miscomprehended things in the rules and such, not every map with mancs lower certain walls with such, I should think longer before replying.

hi there

i'd like to submit this map

its limit removing and uses cc4-tex.wad

its called One Man's Trash and its honestly pretty ugly which is why i'm not including any screenshots

this is my first time submitting a map so my apologies if there are any mistakes

oh and thanks for the opportunity, i had fun making this

https://www.mediafire.com/file/msgojapmj1pcq53/omt.zip/file

EDIT- This map was only tested with prboom+. I don't think it works in ZDoom. My apologies, I should've specified earlier.

Edited by digithead100

I decided to stop working on my current map, as it slows down my main project.

Remove my name for now - hopefully I'll find some time to finish it before 2022.

Thanx!

Here, have a gently modified 3-year-old 100-minute speedmap that's just been sitting on my hard drive. I handpicked some textures from Gothic's Patched Up texture pack and took the MMZ4 Esperanto midi from silentzora. Everything else is by me. Works with -complevel 9. Its name is Placement Pisstake. Hopefully it's a decent 3-minute romp!

XYZZYASS.zip

Despite the name, it wasn't made for an Abyssal Speedmapping Session :P

Edited by Xyzzy01

I've finished my submission:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jq5IX1sTE9oIM2agq_sK0FgBDErSaY-C/view?usp=sharing

Map Name:  Forgotten Station

Format:  Limit Removing

Tested With:  GZDoom/Crispy Doom

Edit:  The music in the map is "Adrenaline in the Blood" by Jimmy.  I didn't include a readme in the wad, but I can make one if requested.

@TheMightyHeracross The error you listed with textures and pnames should be fixed now.  Thanks for reporting them to me.

Edited by Sesamia

@Sesamia Your TEXTURES and PNAMES lumps are messed up, they should have your custom textures loaded as well as all of the stock Doom 2 textures.

The map does indeed work in GZDoom and Crispy Doom, but Woof! produces HOMs everywhere, Eternity engine is covered in black-and-white checkerboard textures, and PrBoom and DSDA Doom refuse to load the map at all and instead crash the program.

Map Name: Goin' Deep

Format: Vanilla

Tested in: GZDoom, Zandronum, Crispy Doom, Chocolate Doom

Music: "Reach Within" by Jimmy for the Revolution MIDI Pack

Build Time: 35~ hours + however much the original map took to make

Difficulty Settings: Implemented but not rigorously tested

Coop: Implemented but not tested

Deathmatch: Starts only

Comments: This map was supposed to be for the Doomworld Omega Project 2018, but for some reason I never submitted it, so I polished some parts, reworked some others, and I'm submitting it here now.

WAD Download

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210705_193311.png.58df8b8f00cdf58899bf4fa715cae812.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210705_193912.png.85dd9f978e69076d48ea0c89dedfde90.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210705_202535.png.e1507e67445d2f1fda01ead31e34ddd7.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210705_211616.png.9548e368a57e940b5008006801c8c5f5.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210706_012104.png.79031b99b8ace9c54d2f01f13942783b.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210706_033150.png.322552345b685258095e92aab2947cf9.png

OP updated! If my weekend's free I'll see about running through as many submissions as I can and leaving feedback.

if I am allowed to submit a map that I have already made then sign me up, then I will upload one of my maps that is targeting crispydoom...

actually, you could just grab antivirus from its thread here on doomworld

Spoiler

So, considering that the final compilation will have a map order based on the format, and vanilla / boom maps should be accessible in their intended sourceport afaik, I decided to upload a map with a very unusual concept.
Some parts of this map doesn't work with ZDoom-derived sourceports, so I added an "alternative" exit just in case, for people using those ports, or also for people that uses Boom but wants to skip this map anyway :p

Map Name: Tricks only

Format: Boom

Tested with: PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4, GlBoom+ 2.5.1.4, DSDA-Doom 0.19.7 and GZDoom 4.6.0

Music: "Native" from Gubble

tricks.jpg.6b41bb53e68bd18995b37b1a1c5b75d5.jpg

tricksonly_v2.zip

Zip includes a UV-Max demo in 3:07

Edited by Danlex

34 minutes ago, Danlex said:

Map Name: Tricks only

Format: Boom

Tested with: PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4, GlBoom+ 2.5.1.4, DSDA-Doom 0.19.7 and GZDoom 4.6.0

Music: "Native" from Gubble

Interesting map. I looked at the demo after wandering around aimlessly for a bit.

I'm surprised you took use of the 

Spoiler

Monster Condo vile exploit

for one of the puzzles!

Is there a reason why the MIDI doesn't work in GZDoom v4.6...?

12 minutes ago, Dunn (& Dunn) said:

Is there a reason why the MIDI doesn't work in GZDoom v4.6...?

Maybe because I forgot to put the music in the mapinfo, oops...

I will update the map soon

Started much later than I was originally hoping, but have been working slow and steadily on my map. Don't have many screenshots for it yet, but will post updates as they come! This room is still going to go under more work, but is the closest to done so far.

UltDoomBuild11.png

I wont participate but I am looking forward to trying the final product

Edited by CBM

Funny how time flies. I've learned that writing a synopsis is the best way for me to start a map, which I'm sure someone must have said in one of those how do you plan a map threads. But, you know, in one ear out the other. Anyway, I've wanted to make a Doom II map for close to two decades now; I've made that Commander Keen episode and that Wolfenstein map, so I know I can do this. Additionally, I've finally managed to make SLADE do that eccentric thing I'm planning.

They say write what you know, so I'm going nineties:

Spoiler

LgkWdie.png

Heh, I've forgotten the scale of Doom.

I've got enough time to make a complete map, so I should finish this, but we shall see how much I'll be able to polish it.

On 7/6/2021 at 8:03 PM, Obsidian said:

If my weekend's free I'll see about running through as many submissions as I can and leaving feedback.

Soooo I gave a couple of maps a spin this past weekend and unfortunately my feedback is a little insubstantial, on account of every single one of them kicking my ass. :P My Dooming skills are a tad rusty, but I'll keep at it!

3 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Soooo I gave a couple of maps a spin this past weekend and unfortunately my feedback is a little insubstantial, on account of every single one of them kicking my ass. :P My Dooming skills are a tad rusty, but I'll keep at it!

When it comes to community projects like these, it seems that a lot of people want to leave a mark on it and make something big. I tried not to. XD 

Is this the reincarnation of DW Mega Project? If so, I'll submit something until the end of the year, something I started working on last year, and it remained a rough prototype all this time, heh. It still has like 5 minutes of gameplay at most, and I'm catastrophically running out of ideas to make it more lengthy and interesting. Submitting it to a project like this would be the only way anyone would play it at all. >.<

25 minutes ago, Li'l devil said:

Is this the reincarnation of DW Mega Project? If so, I'll submit something until the end of the year, something I started working on last year, and it remained a rough prototype all this time, heh. It still has like 5 minutes of gameplay at most, and I'm catastrophically running out of ideas to make it more lengthy and interesting. Submitting it to a project like this would be the only way anyone would play it at all. >.<

This isn't a "reincarnation" of the Doomworld Mega Project. It is a separate community project with the same sort of philosophy.

TimeofDeath has, in fact, started a Doomworld Mega Project for this year, so you can make a map and post it there, too.

likely gonna make something using udmf and otex count me in (i may have sent something here already idk poor memory)