Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

The Shapeshifter

I made a cool new monster for my next level called the Shapeshifter! It has the ability to turn into, and use a good deal of the monsters in DOOM and their attacks. Nothing like a Cyberdemon or Spiderboss though. I tried turning it into a player but it didn't work.

cyber-menace said:

I made a cool new monster for my next level called the Shapeshifter! It has the ability to turn into, and use a good deal of the monsters in DOOM and their attacks. Nothing like a Cyberdemon or Spiderboss though. I tried turning it into a player but it didn't work.

Excellent, could you post a link or something so we can all actually see what this monster looks like?

DooMBoy said:

Excellent, could you post a link or something so we can all actually see what this monster looks like?

Unless cyber-menace has new sprites, I suspect the 'original' (i.e., un-shape shifted) monster will be one of the regular DooM/2 enemies. And then, because it can turn into any of the regular DooM/2 enemies, it will also be indistinguishable from others. Still, it should be interesting going up against one of those things.

I need a little advice on this creature. It isn't quite done yet. I need a little help on this creature though. I want it to look like a chaingun sargent most of the time like it starts, but when it attacks it becomes an arch-vile and doesn't go back to a CGS. Right now I have it set up to start as a chaingun sargent, far attack is a arch-vile (I plan to change this) and close attack is a ravnant. When it takes pain it becomes a demon and it dies as a trooper. I want it to stay a chaingun sargent after it's attack. So it becomes an arch-vile and then changes back to a chaingun sargent.

BTW: Is there anyway to make an enemy that picks up objects?

Boris: Did you download the DEH file too? At first I just ran his WAD, but I realized it doesn't have the DEH file inside.

cyber-menace: next time just import the DEH file into your WAD and name that lump DEHACKED. That way your end users only have to download and run one file (if they are using ZDooM, I'm not sure about other ports). This new enemy is really weird though.

heh, thats sweeto, pretty dang tough though. :D
it only seemed to start at the chaingunner, then goto a Pain Elemental and gradually Change to a Barron of Hell when it attacked Melee, I saw it change to a demon for a second though. :D

Hey, that's pretty cool! It'd be better if there was more variation in forms rather than only having Pain Elemental (and the Baron for close range-attacks), but that's really good.

Since I'm using DeHacked I'm pretty sure that's the best I can do. And thanks for the compliments! I usually don't get compliments for my work! I'll post pics next time btw!

Csabo said:

Boris: Did you download the DEH file too? At first I just ran his WAD, but I realized it doesn't have the DEH file inside.

Yes. It doesn't work for me.

Nevermind, it works now. I named the .deh file something else, but apparently ZDoom does not load it correctly when you load it with -file. I could have sworn that worked in earlier version. Oh well.

boris said:

Nevermind, it works now. I named the .deh file something else, but apparently ZDoom does not load it correctly when you load it with -file. I could have sworn that worked in earlier version. Oh well.

Of course silly, you load deh.'s with the -deh Dee-Lee :P

DOOM Anomaly said:

Of course silly, you load deh.'s with the -deh Dee-Lee :P

Of course silly, you can load .deh's with the -file parameter.